test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at Loading protector's enclave

boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since the last patch i have problem to load at protector's enclave. When i try to log in the game, i'm just getting stuck at the loading screen and i probably lost my six celestial coins:( Is anyone else has the same problem?
Post edited by boudeba on

Comments

• soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's 2 ways around this, until they patch it.

First way: start the game in Safe Mode (start the launcher, click in Options, select the Safe Mode box).

Second way, and the one I always use when I get stuck in PE: during character selection, turn the game into windowed mode and make the screen of the game just big enough for you to double-click on your character so you can log in to the game. This method has NEVER failed to work, for me at least.

Both ways have worked for me, when I accidentally forget about this Enclave bug and queue for dungeon/pvp from PE.

They really gotta fix the Enclave. This is extremely annoying, but at least there are way to bypass this bug.

I really hope they fix this soon, because it's extremely annoying.
  • borigarborigar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have this issue, getting VERY fed up with it. Didnt realize it was just Prot. Encl, but it is you are right. I'll try these tips, *time* yes these worked for me as work-arounds.
  • radiodreadradiodread Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have had EXTREMELY long load times today. Just now my Wizard is getting stuck at the load screen. I normally in 1-2 seconds because I play from an SSD, not its taking nearly a minute to load, if it does at all. Very broken.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got the same problem, so annoying:(
  • nobodysnakenobodysnake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you wan't to avoid the safe mode to start the game, this is what worked for me since it seems to be an graphic issue:

I usually play the game on max details. If I get stuck loading into PE i just move the shader slider to the lowest setting possible and disable Bloom. Following that I was always able to login. You can reactivate these features ingame without relogging.

Hope that helps
  • boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks a lot loading while in window mode work nicely and it took not even a sec to get into the game and now it work smoother than ever. I tried to replicate the problem but without success so i will no know why it happened.
  • gaf9420gaf9420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this seems to only happen to my on my cleric...this has never happened on my 60 rogue who also sits on the enclave...seriously thoguht this was just a cleric issue
  • roleplayahroleplayah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is also happening to me, ONLY on my 60 cleric. Doesn't happen to any of my other 4 characters, whether they are parked in Protector's Enclave or zoning into it. It's getting really annoying, and many times can take up to 10 minutes to log in, and by that time I get immediately disconnected. Even the Gateway takes longer to load my cleric. Well it's now starting on some of my other characters now too, sigh.
  • skeebyskeeby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck loading into protectors enclave on all my characters. This is terrible....
  • xsequentialxxsequentialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It always appears to happen if I log out a char near the AH in Protectors Enclave. If it's near the shrine for example its fine, but if I move that char to AH and relog it won't work.
  • jayws84jayws84 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Same here. First time it did eventually load after a long wait. But twice now it seems to have freezed.
  • inalaniinalani Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on guys same here ! Please fix it ! I can't log at all even after the patch...
    R O F L M A O :cool:
  • deafjerzydeafjerzy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heard some people stuck at auction house where you log off that how you ended up with loading screen. Better you need stay away from AH, while staff working on this possible bug. If you still stuck on loading screen, simple that go to launcher and click Option, check box on Safe Mode. It worked for me.
  • death0sdeath0s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been having the same issue for the last week. I have my Lvl 55 and lvl 37 in the Protectors Enclave and can not get past the loading screen. It just stays there and will not progress. I can get on my lvl 36 and lvl 15 have not tried my lvl 17. My lvl 36 is in protectors enclave. my lvl 15 is in tower distract and can get on her. This has screwed my celestial and ardent coin ability and lvling ability. This is a major BUG and needs to be fixed. I have uninstalled and re installed the game and have tried to repair.

PLEASE FIX THIS B U G ! ! !
  • draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    GWF lvl 60 here, same problem...
  • wtarrasquewtarrasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wife and I are having this same issue.

Workarounds given + result (only 1 attempt, on one character, just lvl 13 GWF):
    (A) Reduce Shaders to Lowest Setting: Workaround worked (after test -> reset to high shader setting, PE login again delayed)
    (B) Windowed mode to small area during/after character select: Workaround worked (after test -> reset to full size window, PE login again delayed)
    (C) Safe Mode: Workaround worked, but ugly as heck and had to reset settings on relaunch of client. However, was not able to reproduce the bug immediately as with other workarounds after putting settings to desired levels. (PE loaded fine out of safe mode on 1st or 2nd load after putting in Safe Mode for workaround test)

Testing was done with Neverwinter Client version NW.1.20130416a.41
    Client computer is Asus G55 with Windows 8 installed
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

Hope this helps others!
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the list. Two of my characters that are in PE won't get past the loading screen unless I use a workaround. For the devs a little more info that might mean nothing: The window does not say (Not Responding). In task manager the game appears running fine too using 36% CPU and ~1GB RAM.

CPU: i7-2600k
    RAM: 8 GB
    GPU: Radeon HD 6970 2 GB

What's odd is that my laptop doesn't have this problem.

Laptop is:
    CPU: i7-720QM
    RAM: 6 GB
    GPU: Mobility Radeon HD 5870

I'm not sure what's more annoying. The fact that this is happening at all, or that it's happening on my gaming rig and not my laptop... lol
  • mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Same here, only notice it @ the enclave. Also if I log out 1 toon who's there and log in another toon that is also there it hangs. Very annoying but and makes switching toon's a huge pain!
  • lovinglorylovinglory Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice that I can get on any character I want. BUT MY MAIN. Stuck in protectors enclave. Strange about it all. You look at my character, they all show where I log off at. But my main does not even have one. Stuck in that dam screen. So how about getting us some updates soon so we know what going on.
  • ganjareefganjareef Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no load since patch. i wish i had a burrito.
  • steelangel69steelangel69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We have vary much bugs, and we release new colors and companions??? Guys please fix bugs have vary much and this Loading screen its vary redicle..

Thancks
  • mikep4567mikep4567 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me, this was linked to me using Windowed fullscreen mode because of dual monitors.

A fix would be to just play on fullscreen.

edit: j/k, it only worked once.
  • theyuttytheyutty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    happens every now and then, its either after a pvp match or leaving a dungeon. launching in safe mode then changing the settings back to what is was before fixes it till it happens again later.
  • elvynbladeelvynblade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto. I was in PvP, but when my toon was unloading to PE the load quit...the window is still active, with changing lore and game info text posting but I can't load my main character. *sigh* (And I was having such fun...).
  • ruex128ruex128 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keeps happening to me too, getting sick of this, and the random crashes..... I've re-installed the game to see if it'd help and nothing, still randomly crashing about 5 times a day and getting stuck at the load screen when I log on. Safe mode works but it sucks I have to re-adjust my graphics every bloody time I log in.
  • gerold319gerold319 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A quick forum search showed me there are several threads on this one and it's been happening for a few days now. I chose this thread arbitrarily. I'd like to add my voice to those concerned/affected.

I'm going on 25 minutes sitting at the loading screen for Protector's Enclave. I left it alone to go read and write some stuff, but yeah I'll just restart at this point. My thanks to those of you who posted workarounds. Here's hoping it gets resolved quickly!

/em pours another scotch and turns on the Jazz.
  • zavrinzavrin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One solution that often works for me when stuck in the loading screen:
    press ALT + TAB (minimize the game) and then back in the game again after a few seconds. Most of the times I do this the text "press any button" shows and I can play the game.
  • ardeceanardecean Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well this is back again it seems.. today both my room mate and I have at least 1 character in protectors enclave stuck from loading in. 6/7 coins from prayers.. this sucks.. it gets to last part of the load screen then disconnected from server... Devs please fix this issue.
    If you don't mind, It doesn't matter.
    TAW CC
    Shadows From Within Campaign
    Recruitment Forum
    The Art of Warfare