test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Guard on gateway website is terrible

inconel1370inconel1370 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The Account Guard feature on the gateway website emails me a new code almost every time I try to log in. I always check the box for it to remember the computer and browser. I log in every time from the same computer and using the same browser. The Account Guard is unnecessary in the first place (what's a hacker going to do, level up my professions?) and is such a nuisance that it will convince me to quit using the gateway very soon. PLEASE either drop Account Guard entirely, or find a way for it to work properly. Also, please don't tell me to get a fixed IP address, or to avoid deleting cookies.
Post edited by inconel1370 on

Comments

• inconel1370inconel1370 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind, I have given up on the gateway.
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did always think the code thing seemed pointless too. but have never had issues, that said i always rename the computer when it asks for a code, making sure they are all different.
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • captainsmockcaptainsmock Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The code thing is great - if it actually worked!!

I'm assuming that it's meant to work similar to the way the steam website login works, in that once you 'verify' a browser, it won't ask you again unless you try from another location.

Except it always makes you get another code, even if you just close the browser and open it again.

not good.