test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issue Found? Loading hanging on Protector's Enclave

voidroamervoidroamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I believe I have determined the issue behind this problem.

I think the problem comes as a result of players setting their graphics details too high. Particularly with respect to character distance and texture detail.

When logging in to Protector's Enclave, particularly in an area with a high player count such as the auction house, the server must immediately send data for all characters such as their physical appearance, clothing, enchantments, etc in addition to dynamic world content. This must cause something along the way to choke.

I have found that reducing the character related detail settings closer to standard resolved the issue immediately without having to resort to safe mode.

Can others please try this? Thanks. Hope it helps.
Post edited by voidroamer on

Comments

• tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While that may be the issue for some people, it's not the case for all. In some instances, we've already logged in other characters before switching to one who couldn't get into PE. After logging completely out of the game and trying again, I was able to get in. I made no changes, and I'd had a character load fine in PE just a little before.
  • voidroamervoidroamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm.... The resolution has been consistent for me but as you said there could be multiple causes. One thought comes to mind: do you remember if the time you logged in successfully was period of high or low traffic? I live in Australia and during the day I don't recall ever having had an issue. I wonder if this is due to the fact that Australia is in a very different timezone to the US and England? When playing at night, Protector's Enclave is almost unbearable.

Another thought. Did you completely close the program or just log out. Just wondering what gets cached and when that cache gets cleared.
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I exited the game completely. I had just been on in PE on a different character. It was Saturday daytime (US), so high volume. I suspect they may be trying to cram too many people in an instance. For example, it may have tried to put me into an instance that was full or filled up before I got in.

It was only the once or twice and only on that day. Like Grimmrec further down, it was my level 60 that had problems loading. I did not change graphics or any settings to get in.
  • death0sdeath0s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been having the same issue for the last week. I have my Lvl 55 and lvl 37 in the Protectors Enclave and can not get past the loading screen. It just stays there and will not progress. I can get on my lvl 36 and lvl 15 have not tried my lvl 17. My lvl 36 is in protectors enclave. my lvl 15 is in tower distract and can get on her. This has screwed my celestial and ardent coin ability and lvling ability. This is a major BUG and needs to be fixed. I have uninstalled and re installed the game and have tried to repair.

PLEASE FIX THIS B U G ! ! !
  • keldinnlkeldinnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    It does have something to do with graphics quality, but it sure is a bug. It started happening en-masse after the .39 patch.

They probably added some optimization that doesn't sit well with lots of video card drivers or something. Safe more works fine, and you can up the graphics detail to max again once in game (PE) but entering the zone remains dicey.
  • grimmrecgrimmrec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turn down graphics settings with the first two sliders, all the way down to 50%, one is the render scale and forget the name of the other at the moment. The sliders are located under the "Video" tab.

Do this after you've logged in, but before you've selected the character you wish to load. The Options button should be on the lower lefthand side of your screen.

Select the character that's been having the issue and it should load properly, and quickly, but your game will look horrible. Once in-game, reset the graphic sliders to your choosing.

Many people have reported that other workarounds such as "Safe Mode" etc. do not work, and I have found the same to be true for me also.

This is the ONLY way I can get my Main level 60 to load into Protector's Enclave when first loading the game.

This IS a consistent fix yet it is very strange that only specific, usually one character, is plagued by the issue. As a Founder I have 5 Characters and only one has this problem - my main level 60.
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree it happens the most when close too the trade house. I think a great fix to this problem is to make the trade market an instance building with max 25 players per instance. for me to relog into PE I ether have to restart my computer or run safe mode.

my fps in questing and dungeons is 50fps or so but around the trade market it drops to below 15fps It was higher but the game overheated my better video card and I had to downgrade. I still had connection problems around the TH however.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same client, same settings, only my level 60 CW (my first toon) has this issue & only sometimes, not always the very first load either!
  • celtiumceltium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I turned my graphics settings as far down as they would go (I didn't realize the game could look that crappy) and i was finally able to get in.

That's the last time I ever log out near the AH.
  • tunk1tunk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turned down graphics, no problem getting in. Don't log out near postal worker either. This isn't unique to Neverwinter, happened to me in WOW as well.
  • bathoffirebathoffire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue and it's only affecting my 46 control wizard. My 36 thief rogue who is standing in almost the exact same spot gets in without issue.
  • implodemeimplodeme Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voidroamer wrote: »
    I believe I have determined the issue behind this problem.

I think the problem comes as a result of players setting their graphics details too high. Particularly with respect to character distance and texture detail.

When logging in to Protector's Enclave, particularly in an area with a high player count such as the auction house, the server must immediately send data for all characters such as their physical appearance, clothing, enchantments, etc in addition to dynamic world content. This must cause something along the way to choke.

I have found that reducing the character related detail settings closer to standard resolved the issue immediately without having to resort to safe mode.

Can others please try this? Thanks. Hope it helps.

I know that during the entire few weeks of playing I have never run into this condition. I just recently increased the texture distances and this started occurring. I would say, this is a very likely conclusion.