test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queue system a total waste of time at level 60

lordzapplelordzapple Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The entire Q system failed time and time again for me. I have spent 20-50 minutes trying to get into a party for epic dungeons and i face 2 outstanding problems.
1) all DPSer, ie 3 rogue and no cleric/healer
2) Some leader that keep kicking people as they said gear score too low, minimum 8300. Well the dungeon ask for 6800 and i am 7.2k in GS. And i get kicked after spending 20-50 minutes trying to get in.
Post edited by lordzapple on

Comments

• Options
    lordzapplelordzapple Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't there be a designated healer role and prevention from people abusing the kick system?
  • Options
    megamanx7megamanx7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    some have suggested a vote kick system but i have a feeling that will be abused as well
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im so glad I have never had to queue. the times I did have to it didn't take that long. I prefer pre-made and guild runs. your point being that the queue system takes too long is a serious thing though. they have stated that a plan is being made but who knows when that will be.

• Options
    willowbeanwillowbean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never have these problems playing n a guild.....
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea it has some issues to work out before it's a real alternative to building your own group. Namely that it doesn't force a particular composition (at the least requiring a cleric if not cleric and gf/gwf).
  • Options
    jollygreenxxjollygreenxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alot of people just kick anyone but it gets annoying when you are kicked just for having a low GS while trying to obtain better gear
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I have yet to be in a dungeon that couldn't finish with a weird mix of classes, as long as the players played smart. The one, and only one that couldn't beat the last, was because people kept trying to dps the boss and ignore mobs. If people would toughen up and at least try, they would be better players, but everyone wants everything the way they are used to and to not think.
    2) Some leader that keep kicking people as they said gear score too low, minimum 8300. Well the dungeon ask for 6800 and i am 7.2k in GS. And i get kicked after spending 20-50 minutes trying to get in.

Eh, they have said they are working on fixing the kick system, since whoever has the power can do whatever they want. The high GS is them wanting to be carried, lazy, or whatever. There is little difference between number one and number two, both groups want a narrow layout of classes, and this is going to be even more troublesome once more classes come out. Imagine once warlord and bard come out, two other "Healers" (technically learders, but people can't wrap their heads around non-standard mmo wording), and you will get people complaining they don't want those classes.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordzapple wrote: »
    Why can't there be a designated healer role

Because you don't "need" one. Every class is a healing class, people are just too lazy to use potions and avoid damage when needed.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The entire Q system failed time and time again for me. I have spent 20-50 minutes trying to get into a party for epic dungeons and i face 2 outstanding problems.

I dunno....maybe it is because I am a Cleric but I have never waited for more than 15 minutes to do any Dungeon. The only Dungeon I can't que for is the last one so I can't comment on that.
  • Options
    supersaiyansonsupersaiyanson Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I have yet to be in a dungeon that couldn't finish with a weird mix of classes, as long as the players played smart. The one, and only one that couldn't beat the last, was because people kept trying to dps the boss and ignore mobs. If people would toughen up and at least try, they would be better players, but everyone wants everything the way they are used to and to not think.

So pro he can beat T2 without a healer!
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    willowbean wrote: »

good for you? Some people play in guilds where people are doing dailies/pvp/etc, and don't feel like doing a dungeon, some people have lives and don't play 24/7 so when you log on there may not be a group available for dungeons. So I gather with this asinine response, you would prefer the queue system was removed instead of fixed?
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    good for you? Some people play in guilds where people are doing dailies/pvp/etc, and don't feel like doing a dungeon, some people have lives and don't play 24/7 so when you log on there may not be a group available for dungeons. So I gather with this asinine response, you would prefer the queue system was removed instead of fixed?

I'd prefer the Queue system be removed and a LFG system be implemented so you actually have to be a bit social in the game. Queue system kills any sense of community.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    I'd prefer the Queue system be removed and a LFG system be implemented so you actually have to be a bit social in the game. Queue system kills any sense of community.

Doesn't work anymore in this day and age, SWTOR shipped without a queue system, this was a major reason people left by the droves. When they finally implemented one it was too late. I don't mind a queue system, as long as it works correctly.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't work anymore in this day and age, SWTOR shipped without a queue system, this was a major reason people left by the droves. When they finally implemented one it was too late. I don't mind a queue system, as long as it works correctly.

I was at SWTOR launch and stayed for quite a while. I loved the LFG system they had, and many others didn't have much of an issue with it. It was the terrible endgame that killed it.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yea this is a reality, if it doesn't launch with it they implement it soon after. I know GW2 has been fighting this but eventually they will have to do the same unless they want to continue diminishing.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    willowbean wrote: »

we`re not all so socialy interested in guilds
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »

read previous note ;p good that you are that way, but we`re not all like you.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    we`re not all so socialy interested in guilds

Then this Genre will be an issue for you. i.e. You The problem you are having now.

Not being interested or willing to participate in a Guild or playing socially in an MMO is like complaining about a single player game not having multiplayer.

What next? Everyone will demand level 60 Companions so they no longer need other people at all to run Dungeons?
  • Options
    valderon83valderon83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I was under the impression that the displayed gearscore when you inspect someone is bugged. At any time that I inspect someone, it always displays MY gearscore and not the person's that I am inspecting. Am I the only person that experiences this? If that is not the case, and the displayed gearscore is bugged for everyone when they inspect someone, then any time someone claims that your gearscore is too low for something (without you explicitly telling them what your gearscore is) they are pretty much telling you that their own gearscore sucks. So.....