test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What can't shield block?

svitaliyssvitaliys Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Can anyone tell me all attacks which the Guardian Fighter's shield (shift key) can't block? I have noticed that in Dungeon Den, I can't block some of boss's attack and in Hotenow, when the monsters raise their hands in the air and slam me from above, I can't block.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by svitaliys on

Comments

• Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you cant block some big attacks, not sure if its block mechanic or CC from boss/mobs(Block mechanic is little broken now, but it was same before)
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's quite a few boss attacks that will CC you regardless, as far as mitigating dmg a lot of attacks must be blocked from the red circle's focal point, if you don't face the very center of the circle; the attack it not considered blocked.

Sadly in PvP block has a whole other problem of being the most susceptible to lag, dodge/blink simply respond better.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some attacks are probably coded as not coming from the front.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    svitaliys wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me all attacks which the Guardian Fighter's shield (shift key) can't block? I have noticed that in Dungeon Den, I can't block some of boss's attack and in Hotenow, when the monsters raise their hands in the air and slam me from above, I can't block.

It is a bug. You may see your character is raising his shieldbut still taking damage. This will happend on every type of mob. Making it hopeless to tank and by that destroying the guardian and its purpose.
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    It cant block a /kick from a T2 dungeon.
  • Options
    namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Block is broken right now, works like 70% of the time. Like many other feats. Making GF unplayable.
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As was pointed out you need to be facing the focal point of an AOE. usually this means you actually need to turn around to face it.

Also be aware that if you are standing on the focal point of the attack then even though you are facing it you are also not. I find it best for attacks like that to hop back a step making sure the center is directly in front of me.

Sadly 70% for me is a little high due to playing with high lag.
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    proqludum wrote: »
    It cant block a /kick from a T2 dungeon.

Best answer ever...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    soulkeeper1987soulkeeper1987 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From personal experience and this might just be GW2 talking, I tend to aim my shield toward whatever direction the attack looks like its coming from. I've noticed with over head swings that i block the attack but the after effect will still go through, like knockdown, however I take no damage. I have also noticed that if i aim toward the group attack it will block more then just standing straight. I am only lvl 20 but I have played up to level 80 on GW2, and their block is amazing, but simple..if you don't aim your shield to block the attack, then you won't block it. I mean how are you going to block an arrow from the side if you don't actually put your shield that way. I'm not saying that no one is aiming, I have just noticed that it tends to be more accurate.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Block/guard is buggy now as someone said even if you're facing the focal point and it's not due to lag.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.