test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need/Greed and how it works

floordanfloordan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I personally think that the way this works should be moulded around a bit.

With gear, e.g armour or weapons that are class specific, there should be no 'need' option if your class cannot use it.

for instance, a purple GWF cuirass drops. A gwf's options? [Need/Greed/Pass] Any other class? [Greed/Pass]

Now, I understand a lot of people will say "But what if I need it for my friend?" Or, "That's bs because that means he's more likely to get it with need that we can't roll"

WELL GOOD, bring your friend with you, or buy it from the AH. If the class WHO CAN USE THE ITEM is MORE LIKELY TO GET IT, then in my opinion that's how it should be. I've seen so many wizards take high level rogue gear while there was a rogue in the party, only to sell it immediately after, and vice versa. It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Obviously enchantments and non-class-specific gear should always have the need option available, but other than that, get rid of it I say.
Post edited by floordan on

Comments

• Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I agree with class based needing, I think the need option should make the item bound. That way even if the only class that can need doesn't really need it, at least they do not really profit too much from being a jerk.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    taliahriataliahria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have dealt with many groups needing on blue items, however, I believe I've been quite lucky with the group and the player who needed on the item has always traded me it.

There have been many discussion on this topic over the last few weeks and many suggestions made on how to change/improve the system. One of the changes that I'd like to see happen, but probably never will, is within the community. The players need to be educated on MMO etiquette, alas this normally only comes within tight-knit communities and smaller player bases. As this is a free to play game I'm unsure as to what changes PWE/Cryptic will make to the game to accommodate for this without limiting their profits from a business perspective -> BoE items go on the AH and go back into the economy, thus the need for Astral Diamonds increases and the want for Zen more apparent.
    fs_overall.png
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Only need the items you can wear or put in the AH. Everything else greed/pass.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a rule, I won't need it unless I will personally use it. That being said, if I run an instance where others are rolling need on blues/purples they can't use, I will do the same just to be fair. I am all game for running an instance to sell the nice drops. I just want everyone to be aware of that so all can fairly roll then. The rolling system in every game has this issue. There is always some troll trolling :p
  • Options
    taliahriataliahria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    As a rule, I won't need it unless I will personally use it. That being said, if I run an instance where others are rolling need on blues/purples they can't use, I will do the same just to be fair. I am all game for running an instance to sell the nice drops. I just want everyone to be aware of that so all can fairly roll then. The rolling system in every game has this issue. There is always some troll trolling :p
    This is exactly what I do. I'll always try and give the blue away to a player whose class can use it if they're in the group too, only fair as they're the only one who would truly need the item.
    fs_overall.png
  • Options
    floordanfloordan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    While I agree with class based needing, I think the need option should make the item bound. That way even if the only class that can need doesn't really need it, at least they do not really profit too much from being a jerk.

This is actually a brilliant idea.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How need/greed works: roll need. Every time. Always.

The End.
  • Options
    postiga23postiga23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    what if, as u all been sayin in other posts.. that GWF and GF not wanted on Dungeons, a team with cw's, tr's and dc's, cant need good GWF or GF items.. and they'll be just layin on the ground.. isnt that just a waste? :/ but i kinda like the skecth tho :)
  • Options
    postiga23postiga23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    How need/greed works: roll need. Every time. Always.

The End.

Kinda what i do when not with guildies.. worked so far
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    postiga23 wrote: »
    what if, as u all been sayin in other posts.. that GWF and GF not wanted on Dungeons, a team with cw's, tr's and dc's, cant need good GWF or GF items.. and they'll be just layin on the ground.. isnt that just a waste? :/ but i kinda like the skecth tho :)

It is a waste for sure, but perhaps if this was implemented people would stop booting them.