test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character stuck on loading screen

hoodedshadowxhoodedshadowx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When I try to log into my 60, it sits at the protectors enclave loading screen and doesn't load in, but I'm able to log in to other characters just fine. Any suggestions?

The stuck character is named "Reposed" on dragon shard, btw.
Post edited by hoodedshadowx on

Comments

• darkelliasdarkellias Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have the same issue with my level 60 character trying to log into it when in Protectors Enclave on the Dragon shard (Elysia Aubec character name). Can log in fine to the foundry and with my level 5 character on the same shard, although it is in the Tower District.
  • durzos2894durzos2894 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got this issue but with a level 22, all other (4) characters log in fine, one does not, hangs at the protectors enclave loading screen
  • overronzoverronz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing the same thing here. Lvl 60 char stuck on loading in protectors conclave, other characters load fine. I am on the Mindflayer shard.
  • kadaj1289kadaj1289 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me too, character name Flawless
  • revonlinegamingrevonlinegaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue with my level 29 cleric on Mindflayer. I can log into my level 21 and level 4 alt just fine.
  • vengefulpwnstarvengefulpwnstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Sierra Nightshroud. My other character logs just fine. Attempted 3 times, but hangs at loading screen.

*Edit: Well, I logged in on the fourth attempt. :/
  • gergecgergec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed. LvL 60 character, Genos. Dragon shard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • niknak62niknak62 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto...hanging at login to protector's enclave... lvl 60 name of Kroyde ... dragon shard
  • h4wk33h4wk33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The same for me, Dragon Shard...
  • kadaj1289kadaj1289 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    has anyone figured it out? or is it just a waiting game
  • strywulfstrywulf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here...one character in Protectors Enclave gets stuck after Char selection screen!! Other character logs in fine to Neverdeath!
  • aarkane1976aarkane1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same. Stuck on login to protector's enclave. I only have 1 toon that I play right now, so I didn't try logging into my other character.

When I right click on the Neverwinter executable in the task bar, while on the loading screen, it comes up with a command prompt with some debug code. there is also a white debug looking window with it that says something about not being able to find game files and I should re-install the game to fix it. But I'm hoping I don't need to do that...
    Aarkane
    Devoted Cleric of the Dragon Shard
    Recruit of Grievance
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same this has been happening since the patch before last it's getting very old now. You need to quit to desktop - re-launch launcher - log in - go to options - set safe mode - PLAY - log in stuck character to proctor's enclave - Log OUT to desktop - relaunch game - log in as normal - then because this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game refuses to remember your graphics settings you need to reset them then you are good to go - DO not quit in proctor'd enclave again.
  • elasundelasund Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same problem with my level 16 logging in to Protector's Enclave on Dragon. I had started another character last night that was still in the tutorial. I finished that up and it transferred to PE at the end just fine. Then when I tried logging in my first character again, it worked.
  • hooyahdeepseahooyahdeepsea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have two accounts, one I can login in the Protector's Enclave but the other I can't (both PC's on that account are in P.E. as well). I have the same settings for both accounts.

However, the Safe mode trick worked...Thanks!
    I attempt to disbelieve...
  • pacmanpolarbearpacmanpolarbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. 60 on Beholder
  • whogivsasheitwhogivsasheit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    try using the original poster instead of opening a new topic on an old error

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?299141-Still-Stuck-on-Protectors-Enclave-Screen
  • lordshade420lordshade420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same , beholder shard lvl 59 p.o
  • n7grayn7gray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You might find you are not actually stuck on the loading screen at all, it just looks like you are. Try pressing a key or escape. You will kick yourselves if this works, but I have seen it as a fix elsewhere and it just worked for me.
  • panic100panic100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Work around for me (windows 7)
    Ctrl alt delete, select task manager.

For some reason, now I can "press a key" to enter protecters enclave