test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Advise on Perfecting My Gear (near perfect gear)

matrias88matrias88 Member Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I Currently have near perfect gear aside from spymasters and max rank enchants, im running with rank 7's and need help optimizing my stats. I have 4800 power / 2600 Crit / 2800 Armor Pen / 2900 Recovery (with +1000 Recovery/Power from swashbuckler 4 set up) i still have a ring slot for my companion which will add 154 power/Arpen/Lifesteal and an enchant but hes not 25 yet.

My question is should i drop some Arpen enchants from my gear/pet and socket more power instead? I should have spymasters in the next 1-2 weeks so ill get 450 more crit from that so im not bothering with crit anymore.

I heard that dungeon mobs have innate 22% armor and bosses have 30% so i went for the 22% mark but went way over when removing some recovery gear as i found after 3k atleast recovery is useless for a rogue much like crit and i had 4k with the mentioned buff upbove. The other option is to push my Arpen upbove 3k and go for the 30% for bosses.

So does power scale well? should i drop my Arpen back to 2200 and stack some power?

And no i did not pay to win or exploit i just play entirely too much and do every dungeon delves(got lucky and got 5 pieces of swashbucklers to sell in 3 days)

Cheers in advance if you leave helpful advice on power, id like to know how much you guys have stacked.
Post edited by matrias88 on

Comments

• Options
    dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    You have a nice setup, gratz!

You clearly also know your stats, as you mention, we believe the cap for PVE bosses is currently 22% ARP, but you have still gone over it, and that is clearly a waste. Not even bearing in mind that racials and debuffs mean you dont even need 2200.

Personally, i'm a fan of recovery and as you know, power scales horribly = about 800 points "per point" in a linear fashion. also, you are already experiencing diminishing returns on your crit, so... what to do?

well, what I did, in a similar situation, was rip out all my crit enchants and replace them with Teneberous enchants. im "only sitting" at around 45% crit chance now but I know have an additional 400 or so dps "normal, not greater" from the enchants.

I also really value recovery, as in my mind, more dailies = more win.

so in summary, Power is basically ignored and I take what I get from the set.
    Crit is my priority, closely followed by recovery and ill take ARP when I can get it, but then I dont pve.

if did more pve, id go for crit > arp (1600 as im Drow) > recovery > power

GL man, enjoy your uber gearz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the reply, i mainly PvE and i love the combat so im currently helping people out and preparing for future content. I still enjoy Castle Never and am after the daggers but not in a huge rush. I have 49% crit at the moment which im happy with.
    I like Recovery too but i was getting like a 3.4% increase in Action point gain for an aditional 1k Recovery. I run with the 15% bonus AP gain class feature too. So it was a 37.8% AP gain vs a 40.2% for 1k it just made me
    Jackie-chan-meme.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think im going to swap out my pets Arpen runes for Power and maybe an enchant in his neck too. Should lower my Arpen by 500-600 and add the same amount to power. Did some research on power and it seems to have no diminishing returns, guess they made it our stat dump?
    A little guide/spreadsheet on stats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR4KdpzlbqU
  • Options
    dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    matrias88 wrote: »
    I think im going to swap out my pets Arpen runes for Power and maybe an enchant in his neck too. Should lower my Arpen by 500-600 and add the same amount to power. Did some research on power and it seems to have no diminishing returns, guess they made it our stat dump?
    A little guide/spreadsheet on stats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR4KdpzlbqU

Good idea, whatever you do, definitely dump out that ARP, you really dont need it.
  • Options
    hammersteinhammerstein Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are there any spreadsheets that have been made public and are available for download? Or perhaps a parser?
  • Options
    w0nder1337w0nder1337 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When u have full swash, full jewels @ 150/154 stats, the most efficent thing u can do is just aim for rank 10 arp gem, if u plan to mainly pve, go for rank 10 arp on your pet, since ll be cheaper. Having top tier arp gem allow you to free offensive slot/s for pwr gem, since u ll reach 22% arp with less gems.