test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to unlock task slot "...earn a Rank 3 result"?

elcapitannx01elcapitannx01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi,

I reached level 14 in leadership now, so having level 3+ didn`t do the trick.

I also did "Train a footman" giving you a level 3 person called "footman" as a result. Also didn`t do the trick.

So, what now? Does anybody know?
Post edited by elcapitannx01 on

Comments

• Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You will get crafts that have, usually purple ones near rank 20, three results when you go to craft them. To up the chances (not a sure thing most of the time) for the third and highest quality result, you will need much, much better quality or rarity items. Some blue or purple rarity ones at least. I've been trying for this one, and i've only gotten rank 2, but don't have enough of the really rare items to get it up. This will most likely be your last profession slot unlocked, it and the 3 professions to 20 are the only ones i don't have unlocked yet.

Hope that helps.

edit: I've also never seen a leadership one that has it, only the actual crafting ones, but i could be wrong.
  • Options
    brelzacbrelzac Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In regards to this, u can only achieve this by having a Profession at 20 (except leadership) You make epic gear, and the results come in 3 ranks, the more epic tools you use, the chance for better quality increases. Its not 100% but that is the way to do it
  • Options
    elcapitannx01elcapitannx01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay thx...
  • Options
    invispoetinvispoet Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You dont need skill level 20 in any profession to do this.

There are multiple rare recipes once you get your crafting to 15 or so that can achieve a rank 3 result.

Of course, you do still need the high quality tools to do this.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, stacking common tools only gets you most of the way through the tier 2 result chances. Gonna have to have a few uncommon or higher tools to even have a chance of getting a tier 3 result.
  • Options
    inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this.

Such a shame that there's so little 'official' info about professions and you have to make it up as you go along, so I'm glad that others have already spent time to work it out... and then share the answers.

Y'all rock!
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to have more than 100% Quality to have a chance at Rank 3.

Since you can use 4 tools for a task at most, you have to use at least one purple (Mithral, +40%) tool, as 4 blue (Steel, +24%) tools will only get you 96% Quality. The best you can get is 160% Quality, by using 4 purple tools, which gives you a 60% chance to get the Rank 3 result.
  • Options
    kethwynkethwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to have more than 100% Quality to have a chance at Rank 3.

Since you can use 4 tools for a task at most, you have to use at least one purple (Mithral, +40%) tool, as 4 blue (Steel, +24%) tools will only get you 96% Quality. The best you can get is 160% Quality, by using 4 purple tools, which gives you a 60% chance to get the Rank 3 result.

wiki lists up to 240% for best quality and related chances up to Rank 4.

semi-related Question: profession booster packs are only the packs in the zen store?
    for example the (from what i understood) uncraftable [Man-at-Arms] can only be obtained by the zen store packs?
  • Options
    firebrand6firebrand6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is at least one quest out that that rewards a profession booster pack, so you can get them without zen.
  • Options
    jerbezjerbez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those drop all the time from the lockboxes as well.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kethwyn wrote: »
    wiki lists up to 240% for best quality and related chances up to Rank 4.
    Because whoever made that entry looked at certain tasks with 6 total slots and falsely thought they could put in 6 Mithral tools, when two of those slots are reserved for workers.
  • Options
    kethwynkethwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because whoever made that entry looked at certain tasks with 6 total slots and falsely thought they could put in 6 Mithral tools, when two of those slots are reserved for workers.

Oh i see, could you edit the page[1] with such a clarification or general fixes according to your knowledge?
    It really is way easier to consult a wiki than search a ton of forum posts for such stuff :)

[1]http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Professions
  • Options
    gelopapagelopapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    firebrand6 wrote: »
    There is at least one quest out that that rewards a profession booster pack, so you can get them without zen.

Really?? Which quest would this be sir and where? And thank you in advance.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Neverdeath cemetery chain gives booster pack and additional inventory bag.