test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leatherworking

draega23draega23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
So I recently hit level 15 leatherworking, and I now have access to the "Upgrade Leatherworker" ability, which turns 4 "Leatherworkers" into a "Master Leatherworker". The problem is, I don't see any option to turn my "Assistant Leatherworker's" into regular Leatherworkers. Is this intentional? Is there no way to get the green/blue/purple crafting assets without zen/auction house? Any insight the community/dev's could provide would be much appreciated.
Post edited by draega23 on

Comments

• xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There isn't. the task to make that one asset is just missing. for all professions.

• draega23draega23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any idea whether it was left out intentionally or if this is a bug?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draega23 wrote: »
    Any idea whether it was left out intentionally or if this is a bug?

This is by design.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • hadershdhadershd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is because the Leatherworkers can only be found in asset packs. It's a way to make sure that PW can make some money from professions out of nearly everyone, and it works quite well imo. I believe the Leatherworkers are around 20kAD on the exchange, so pick up 4 of them and craft them up to the next tier and you can sell them for around 200k I believe. Craft them up to the very rare version and they're worth 1 mil.
  • draega23draega23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Truly depressing that they did that. The amount of time required to make just the green version is insane, if you do the math. It really sucks that they designed it so you have to spend money to be able to increase crafting skills. Thanks for the information guys.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    Jesus H. Christ... this game is a money sink. What a shame. Has no stone been left unturned by greed here (in this game)?
  • overflowhustleoverflowhustle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot that you still pay nothing to log in each time. 5 cents per login to game client or gateway, must purchase in lots of 2000.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draemorin wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ... this game is a money sink. What a shame. Has no stone been left unturned by greed here (in this game)?

Cry all you want. Every single shop item except mounts you can buy with astrals on AH. Well, you can buy zen with astrals, so in practice you can buy mounts as well with astrals.

Convenience and saving time costs money in modern F2P mmo model, you pay to have something faster or to have something faster(no mistake here). You can have everything you NEED for free, with time, that includes rank 3 crafter people, mounts, few additional bag slots, but if you want to have it even better, you need to either farm astrals and trade for zen or use your wallet.
    You forgot that you still pay nothing to log in each time. 5 cents per login to game client or gateway, must purchase in lots of 2000.
    Thats how subscription MMOs work, we're all glad you've crawled out from under your rock to see the world.

Welcome to the present.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    I suggest someone in here learn to comprehend what they read. There was no whine with my cheese. I pointed out fact (money sink... albeit I could have easily added "time sink" I suppose) and then asked a valid question for someone like me who has yet to figure out all aspects of this game.

Suffice it to say, I'm glad a fanboi was identified. This will save me from wasting future time on them.
  • grndmastergrndmaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest someone in here learn to comprehend what they read. There was no whine with my cheese. I pointed out fact (money sink... albeit I could have easily added "time sink" I suppose) and then asked a valid question for someone like me who has yet to figure out all aspects of this game.

Suffice it to say, I'm glad a fanboi was identified. This will save me from wasting future time on them.

Not sure how there was no whine, your entire first post was a complaint about the game being greedy and leaving no stone unturned.

As to the green/blue/purple leatherworkers, all they do is save time compared to the upgraded white leatherworkers, you can still make the stuff it just takes a bit longer. If you want to complain about something complain about the tools, which are actually required to make the better rank 2 or 3 items
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually, with one line of text you've poured so much wine that it would make Russian or Polish guy mortally drunk and you know how hard that is.
    I also haven't seen any valid question in the post of yours, not one that would lead to any constructive answer, yet I still tried to give you rational explanation.
    Oh and just because you don't like something about the game and next person disagrees with you, it doesn't make them a fanboi, just as going to mcdonalds doesn't make you fat(instantly).

But apparently you are right in one thing, the wasting time on someone. But let me assure you, it is not you, who is wasting time here, but me, you seem to be so bitter that you could be sugared with lemon juice.

Long story short: If you are unable to constructively put out anything on forum, don't try to post at all, 4chan(or, closer to our mmo community, mmorpg.com) if full of people like you.
  • bagusubagusu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i think is fair they want money from us...we cant just free to play this game and have everything....they need pay their employe, permit, etc and thats not cheap...even they must pay license.
    for free players prob need more patience and hardworking more than casher....and for me that was fair! this is just my opinion because im free player to and i start think to buy zen since i dont have lot patience :D