test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FPS Spikes and Lag?

lolabunnielolabunnie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

I'm wondering if it's the game or if it's me? I've been getting FPS spikes and random lag, especially in Dungeons. Sometime's my screen will just freeze for a few seconds, it's especially bad if I try to turn my camera.

My Computer :
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series / Windows 7 64 Bit / Intel Core i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs), 16384MB Ram

My Internet connection :
2736004072.png

Help! D':
Post edited by lolabunnie on

Comments

• morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make sure you clean out your Game Install Folder > Neverwinter > Live > Logs > Gameclient log files. Especially the combat log file since it can get huge pretty quickly.
    Is your log in dungeon delves usually in situations where there are classes that use lots of particle effects or places where there are lots of mobs/action going on? Are you patching on demand or did you turn that off? Might wanna turn it off and patch the whole client at via the launcher versus patching a little as you come across it.
  • mawaddah99mawaddah99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this issue too when i go dungeon's and skirmishes my fps drops so much
  • lolabunnielolabunnie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    Make sure you clean out your Game Install Folder > Neverwinter > Live > Logs > Gameclient log files. Especially the combat log file since it can get huge pretty quickly.
    Is your log in dungeon delves usually in situations where there are classes that use lots of particle effects or places where there are lots of mobs/action going on? Are you patching on demand or did you turn that off? Might wanna turn it off and patch the whole client at via the launcher versus patching a little as you come across it.

My whole client is patched. I even tried reinstalling and doing a full patch since I was using the original Beta client. My computer is designed for high end gaming, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to handle a game like Neverwinter on full graphics with full particle effects, even in condensed areas.

I did try putting all of my graphics on the lowest settings and I still get screen rips and freezing (just not as severe or as often). I have a feeling this game isn't optimized fully (or done well). That, or something about my computer doesn't agree with Neverwinter (which I'll have to find out what exactly >__>).

I will try clearing my combat log file and see if that improves. Thanks. :)
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make sure it's in Directx9 mode and not 11 due to 11 being beta it spikes and lags. Also upgrade graphics.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having a look at the thread I made on performance in my Sig might help you, I'm running a HD 7800 series and I can also get performance issues, their might be some ATi driver performance issues also.