test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can someone explain tenenbrous?

dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey there, just got a decent 60 orb and threw a normal plague fire enchant on it. A few other CW's suggested that I stick 1 or 2 normal Tenebrous enchants in my offense slots. After looking at that 'chance to deal 2 percent of your health as necrotic damage' I"m wondering what percentage that 'chance' is? if its even 25 percent that would be a very nice dps boost, with all the AOE we do and the plaguefire dots and storm spell. if its much less than that I dont see how it could beat out more recovery though. ALso, for you CW's out there, full shadow weaver, full mage lord, or a mix/match of 2/2 sets? Thanks for the help!
Post edited by dystarr on

Comments

• Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Diminishing returns? I know that at first I was stacking crit/recovery before I realized the soft cap and realized there were better ways to get more damage
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People have tested Tenebrous and reported that the proc rate is roughly around 20%, or 1 in 5. So the Wizards that enchant Tenebrous socket 5 slots with it, not just 2, because 5 would almost guarantee at least a proc in any skill you use.

5 Greater Tenebrous is OP, but it can be expensive. If you want to go the Tenebrous route, I suggest you enchant 5 slots with at least the normal Tenebrous gems. Lessers won't do much for your DPS.
  • Options
    dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People have tested Tenebrous and reported that the proc rate is roughly around 20%, or 1 in 5. So the Wizards that enchant Tenebrous socket 5 slots with it, not just 2, because 5 would guarantee at least a proc in any skill you use.

5 Greater Tenebrous is OP, but it can be expensive. If you want to go the Tenebrous route, I suggest you enchant 5 slots with at least the normal Tenebrous gems. Lessers won't do much for your DPS.

4 or 5 normal tenebrous slotting itis then! I think 20 percent is a nice round number, and with that plaguefire should make stuff pop all the time :) thanks!
  • Options
    piconsipiconsi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, any knows if there is a greater tenebrous? And which stats it have? Thanks.
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Someone reported a while back that Tenebrous bugged when combined with Vorpal or vise versa. As a TR this is a pretty big deal as I don't want my Vorpal nullified, so can anyone confirm if they still affect each other in a negative way :) ?
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86