test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Finder is so broken...

crimsonangeliccrimsonangelic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1 Que for dung
2 Usually wait for an hour or so
3 Join group and pray you don't get kicked
4 No Cleric! **** I guess we wait some more while kicking half of the player base just to get 1 Cleric
5 Woohoo! we've got a Cleric! starting dungeon :)
====TIME PASSED:2 HOURS====
6 Get to the Boss (hopefully your Cleric is still here!!)
7 After a few wipes Cleric leaves, go back to step 1

We all know the saying if it's not broken, don't fix it.
But this system is broken, so please fix it?!

Downloaded DOTA 2 because I gave up on grinding dungeons in NW...
You can bash WoW all you want but they have done at least 2 things right wich you guys don't and that's the AH & LFG system!

How hard can it be to group 1 tank, 1 healer & 3 dps....seriously...
Game = 9/10
Implementations & support of the game is staggering... (not in a good way)
Post edited by crimsonangelic on

Comments

• Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They all ready mentioned that they are looking into fixing this. So groups you get paired up with for dungeons/etc make more sense and so on.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I feel kinda bad when I kick four people from the team in rapid fire because it decided the group needed four DPS and a wizard.

It's really nothing personal, I'm saving them time in the end though since otherwise we probably wouldn't be able to beat it.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    matrias88matrias88 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    A little late to the party mate. You have to look or make a group using general Zone chat if you're 60 atleast.
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    It is funny as a cleric I always felt like the dungeon system was working great! People were always friending me, asking to join their grinding groups and guilds. LOL then I played a TR and that made me realize the crazy tunel vision I had.

Going to digress some, healing in this game is one of the weirdest systems I have ever used. This is coming from a T2, fully geared out DC, Castle Never completions and everything....I enjoy this game, but man it is one of more stranger MMOs I have played.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 hour for reach a boss x.x as a cleric i left after 10 mob if i see the DPS suck :/
  • Options
    crimsonangeliccrimsonangelic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matrias88 wrote: »
    A little late to the party mate. You have to look or make a group using general Zone chat if you're 60 atleast.

So i have to spamm /zone for hours just to play the game? Oh I get it now, well GL maybe I'll see you in Wildstar some day...
  • Options
    wompoo1wompoo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would personally like to see the old EQ2 system in this game (tag yourself as LFG), and of course players who have at least the courtesy to send a whisper first before inviting you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    2 hour for reach a boss x.x as a cleric i left after 10 mob if i see the DPS suck :/

2 HOURS before starting dungeon (get to the boss part is after that, meaning dung from start to boss)
    and it's an example not a timed fact, sigh*
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got really sicked of the kicking in Dungeon finder. The people who kick are they like 14 year old drama teen? There a real person behind the computer and they waited hours to get in. What really get me is that people who abused the system like kicking because they want to que with friends and get to the instant faster without walking. Other one they kick to get what class they want. I'm surprised nothing been done about it, people just abused it like crazy. Soon there will be no one to Que for Dungeon anymore because this feel frustrating.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    I got really sicked of the kicking in Dungeon finder. The people who kick are they like 14 year old drama teen? There a real person behind the computer and they waited hours to get in. What really get me is that people who abused the system like kicking because they want to que with friends and get to the instant faster without walking. Other one they kick to get what class they want. I'm surprised nothing been done about it, people just abused it like crazy. Soon there will be no one to Que for Dungeon anymore because this feel frustrating.

IMO they'll loose quite a few casual players to this, coming home from work being able to play 1 or 2 hours a day...not happening.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Isn't there even common vote system in place like any other MMORPG out there? So now Leader can kick whenever they want and just giggle about it? Que for 1 hours into the instance and finally get in. Get excited and about to type "Hello." Before even get a chance to do so ---> Kick! Game warp me back outside.
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't there even common vote system in place like any other MMORPG out there? So now Leader can kick whenever they want and just giggle about it? Que for 1 hours into the instance and finally get in. Get excited and about to type "Hello." Before even get a chance to do so ---> Kick! Game warp me back outside.

"No Fill" is to avoid abusing the kick system.

I will kill myself if I get kicked before the final boss after 1 hour killing trashes.
    (It happened in WoW's Cata 5 man heroic. Millions of people quit.)

I don't feel bad if the group wipe and disband at the final boss, because it happens to everyone.

One solution is to overtune the first boss.
  • Options
    platinumtemplarplatinumtemplar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 Rogues, 1 Wizard and 1 Cleric , the Neverwinter Dream Team.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Really... I use lfg tool as a teleporter to a dungeon for my group.

Waiting for 1 hour for lfg tool to find ppl to play with... Ever tried /zone? 5 minutes and you're already making your first pull.
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    teemoor wrote: »

Waiting for 1 hour for lfg tool to find ppl to play with... Ever tried /zone? 5 minutes and you're already making your first pull.

Except when you write your message in /zone once and get chatbanned for 24 hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    teemoor wrote: »

I hope you're not those people who use abused the Dungeon Que tool for your friends to warp in there faster then kick that person. If that is true I hope you sleep well at night because that person you kick just waited many hours to get in, and you just ruined their whole day of game play. I play with 4 of my friends, we always walk all the way to the Dungeon even though queuing is faster. I just feel way too bad kicking a person.
  • Options
    sc2lordoftimesc2lordoftime Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMO they'll loose quite a few casual players to this, coming home from work being able to play 1 or 2 hours a day...not happening.

Ya, I'm a cleric and I cannot queue for dungeons. Takes way too long and by the time find group too long to finish dungeon my play time is over and I go cry in corner. I hope this MMO starts going forward instead of backwards because it is enjoyable gameplay but thats about it.
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope you're not those people who use abused the Dungeon Que tool for your friends to warp in there faster then kick that person. If that is true I hope you sleep well at night because that person you kick just waited many hours to get in, and you just ruined their whole day of game play. I play with 4 of my friends, we always walk all the way to the Dungeon even though queuing is faster. I just feel way too bad kicking a person.

WoW's Cata 5 man heroic had this problem.
    4 friends kick people before last boss. WoW lost millions of subs because of that.
  • Options
    orieldaveorieldave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dungeon finder did a good one yesterday. It put only 4 of us in Lair of the Mad Dragon, 3 CW and a rogue. We managed to do it all except the final boss, which was just too much for us. Classic.
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did normal Mad dragon, Idris and GWD without healer(i play GF). All was PUGs, but im lucky for smart ppl(or they had at least half brain and can read chat). I used health stone 2 times at last boss in GWD(stupid wolfs adds and thanks to not working block).

PS i found that ppl think you cant get new ppl for dungeon if some1 leave, but dont know why.
    Only test it inside mad dragon, but get new member from outside was easy.
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joukuoj32 wrote: »
    Did normal Mad dragon, Idris and GWD without healer(i play GF). All was PUGs, but im lucky for smart ppl(or they had at least half brain and can read chat). I used health stone 2 times at last boss in GWD(stupid wolfs adds and thanks to not working block).

PS i found that ppl think you cant get new ppl for dungeon if some1 leave, but dont know why.
    Only test it inside mad dragon, but get new member from outside was easy.
    I think there is some time limit set at start, after which you can't get additional fills.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What kinda sucks is the fact that Dungeon Finder has been broken for the past few weeks! When I first started playing a few weeks ago, I remember queueing up for a dungen and we'd be 1 tank and 4 DPS! No healers! Except no one cared about this because lowbie dungeons are extremely easy and not having a healer is a plus because the dungeon goes so much faster with 4 DPS instead of 3!

Now I dinged 60 last weekend, this bug was still not fixed, and I'm starting to feel the pain that many people are suffering from!

No Healer = No win!

You can't clear a T1 or T2 dungeon without a cleric! Our healing pets are so pathetically weak! Maybe if their AI wasn't so dumb and they didn't purposely stand in bad stuff or run in melee range of the boss to purposely die from their close range attacks, maybe we could actually do a T1 or T2 dungeon if everyone called out their cleric pets!

The funny part is that I've seen some people argue that we should "Do T1 and T2's with guildmates". Guess what? I've done'em, and our guildmate clerics are just as fed up as the PUG clerics cause they are always pulling aggro. The guildmate tanks are also fed up cause they can't hold aggro at all, and after several wipes and 1 hour of trying to down the last boss of a T2 dungeon, all it takes is for 1 guildmate to say: "Sorry all, I have to go. I wasn't planning on staying online this long" and the dungeon is over! We lost a guildmate (Not a PUG! A GUILDMATE) and we can't find a replacement so the run is cancelled!

When something is this broken, not even a guild run or a friend run can save it!
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    I think there is some time limit set at start, after which you can't get additional fills.

No, we bring new member only for last boss(i want teleport from campfires, take too long).
    Our CW got disconnected before second boss(not sure if that weakling can be called boss).
    We waited till last boss(he didnt return) then i went outside(no free friends) and we run all way to boss.
    You can get new ppl to every dungeon which have entrance in world.
    Also low lvls can do dungeons with lvl60.(dungeons have set max lvl for mobs)

You have time limit for fill only in PVP.
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    Man, reading this thread is making me want to shelve leveling my Cleric.

How can someone tout their releasing a D&D MMO game yet not have a clue on how to code agro and/or a healing class let alone perfect a LFG system in this day and age...