test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Punishing/Soothing at-wills STILL missing in Divine Mode

sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
dezstravus wrote: »
Devoted Cleric
  • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

This is still not fixed for me and several other Clerics. Contacting a GM in-game resulted in whoever attended my ticket not understanding what I meant, despite me elaborating on what the issue was as much as humanly possible. Unfortunately I couldn't follow up on that, as your support website throws me into a feedback loop error whenever I attempt to access the tickets section. I tried reaching my ticket page in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck.

I have no doubt that the fix that went live two patches ago only prevents it from happening from now on, but the people that were unlucky to have spent money on a respec before the patch are stuck in this situation... unless they respec anew. That being said, we shouldn't be expected to pay for additional respecs just to fix a pretty glaring bug with our core class mechanics.

Here's a handy picture of what's happened to me and several other Clerics when using a respec:

ibfjqMqixA4w2y.png

Some, like me, had Punishing Light disappear, others had Soothing Light. Either way it's silly that it's been over a week and nothing has changed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by sophism on

Comments

• Options
    sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no fix. 9 days and counting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Punishing Light has the occasional use in PvP, as it ticks very fast, which makes it perfect for dismounting someone. Soothing Light is more useful in general period, and there are people affected by this bug that are missing that one instead.

That is of course not the point anyway, and dismissing it as "Oh this ability is currently extremely situational, so I don't mind being short one spell." is idiotic. Should I be waiting for when they inevitably buff the Divine Mode at-wills to start complaining?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    11 days and counting.

Still no response from support.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    12 days and counting.

Support replied. The picture I drew them wasn't enough.

They asked me if I had tried to drag the power back into the slot, despite me having stated that I was unable to do so from the very first ticket. They also asked me if I could drag other powers into that slot in Divinity Mode. (Something you would know is impossible if you even bothered creating a dummy lvl 10 Cleric on test servers or what not.) Oh, also if I had tried redoing my keybindings.

I understand it's company policy to not hand out free respecs since they sell respec tokens for zen, but can you refrain from insulting my intelligence while stalling?
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sophism wrote: »
    12 days and counting.

Support replied. The picture I drew them wasn't enough.

They asked me if I had tried to drag the power back into the slot, despite me having stated that I was unable to do so from the very first ticket. They also asked me if I could drag other powers into that slot in Divinity Mode. (Something you would know is impossible if you even bothered creating a dummy lvl 10 Cleric on test servers or what not.) Oh, also if I had tried redoing my keybindings.

I understand it's company policy to not hand out free respecs since they sell respec tokens for zen, but can you refrain from insulting my intelligence while stalling?

Get thee to twitter m'lad (faux rp talk for levity)

Question them as to why they would ask you a question on a KNOWN bug, which has been here since Open Beta started, and ask questions which at this point should be common knowledge to their support and show a COMPLETE lack of knowledge in the games core mechanics.

WTF lads... this thread is starting to look very bad for you.

Edit: also, to be safe and fair, HAVE you tried to see if anything is working since the update that "fixed" this? they may have altered what could be done to fix it and created a workaround.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I go through all the procedures in trying to get the power back on my bar in Divine Mode every patch. It's been four or so patches since the one that "fixed" this went live even.

The inability/unwillingness to fix this on PW's part is infuriating at this point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    13 days and counting.

When I went to check my ticket status in-game, I had a brand new source of frustration:

ibq4aMJLU36V9Q.png

This persisted throughout the night on both my Cleric main and my GF alt.
  • Options
    preludeiipreludeii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posted above me, check your tickets on the website. They probably just deleted them because they have too many tickets to answer. I know this because they did it to me.

Edit, I didnt see that you couldn't connect, but I'd still check the website, because they took the ingame ticket system down.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Like I explained in my very first post, the support section of their website has a redirect loop that prevents me from accessing my tickets as well. This is still the case.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    14 days and counting. I have never seen a game's support be this slow and incompetent/unwilling to solve a player's issue like. And I'm including dumpster-tier Korean shovelware freemium games in the comparison.

There are only two solutions: Make it so the Channel Divinity at-wills are draggable from the powers tab, or issue me a free respec so that it removes Channel Divinity from my character then grants it again, hopefully fixing the bug. If support agents are worried that this would be too much of a "freebie" or that I'm trying to game their system, I can even take screenshots of my spec pre and post respec and copy it exactly, point for point.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, lucky.

I still have mine and it sometimes wastes my divinity still with how clunky divinity is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Wow, lucky.

I still have mine and it sometimes wastes my divinity still with how clunky divinity is.

Yeah, I'm incredibly lucky that one of my core class abilities, (Which is incredibly situational ATM outside of dismounting in PvP, I'll agree.) is gone from my bars. What happens when this ability gets inevitably buffed, and it's still gone? Should I wait to go through this multi-week ordeal until it's been buffed?

What about the ones that had Soothing Light be the affected ability instead, since that one has broader use?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    15 days and counting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh hey, my ticket was closed with this text:
    Based on the information you've provided your issue may be the result of a currently unknown game play bug. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by a GM.

With that said, we would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report, with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

In the future, to help us provide the highest quality service to our players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu, rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not require immediate intervention by a GM.

I lack words to describe the level of incompetence.
  • Options
    agent2090agent2090 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Soon, New cash shop item: At Will Replacer - $10