test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we please be able to transfer pets/companions?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm asking about between our own characters not other players. If we did other players then there would be stuff on the AH. I've paid good money to get some of these pets/companions. I'd like to keep them. Drop them back to level 1 if you want. I'm fine with that. That would make it better if you ask me. Don't need a level 15 companion killing everything while I sit back and watch.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or make them account bound, that works too.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    corleone33corleone33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A: you get a free one when you get to level 16.

B: It costs almost nothing to buy another one if you don't like the free one you picked.

C: I don't know, aren't A and B enough? Why is this even a thing?
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corleone33 wrote: »

B: It costs almost nothing to buy another one if you don't like the free one you picked.

When you have things like Cats, Phoeras, Ioun Stones and the like, buying one for EACH character is a bit... hardcore, don't you think?

I bet he's talking about these kinds of pets, purple/blues, not the trash white ones.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because some people have bought companions from the zen store or found one in a lockbox and figured they might be more useful with a different character?
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So do we can swap our Cats for exemple between our characters?
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Apparently you failed to read where I said " I've paid good money to get some of these pets/companions. I'd like to keep them."
    Ioun stones
    honey badger
    galeb duhr
    (this one I accidentally deleted with a character I no longer wanted. He must have had a good bit of AD as well judging by my total among all my toons. Ouch.

Stuff I'd kinda like to keep but ditch the character with them and restart a new one.

No offense intended corleone :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    micdarau wrote: »
    So do we can swap our Cats for exemple between our characters?

No we can not unfortunately.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    if you try to sell idle companion, you see there is interface with question about "unbind" using AD, but the function seems deactivate. so i think someday it will reopen again
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't want to sell them. That would open a can of worms I think. I could just keep making new characters and sell the panther over and over. Don't need that :p
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Those would obviously be bound.

I've heard that you can already unbind companions by dragging them to the AH and posting them, then just removing the lot. Haven't tried it though.

Just tried this - it does not work.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got rock golem, honey badger and ioun stone and this feature not being open yet is annoying..I assumed it would be working by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see this working. At the very least so I could transfer pets I no longer want to another character on my account.

PLEASE fix this! Pretty please with sprinkles on top? (And I can't say fairer than that, can I? ;) )
  • Options
    corleone33corleone33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently you failed to read where I said " I've paid good money to get some of these pets/companions. I'd like to keep them."
    Ioun stones
    honey badger
    galeb duhr
    (this one I accidentally deleted with a character I no longer wanted. He must have had a good bit of AD as well judging by my total among all my toons. Ouch.

Stuff I'd kinda like to keep but ditch the character with them and restart a new one.

No offense intended corleone :cool:

Ahh, for the Zen pets? Won't ever happen, to much actual money involved. For the ones you can buy with AD, my response would be that it's not that hard to make 980k AD to buy a Cat. I have two (without exploiting or buying them from exploiters) and haven't tried all that hard.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm asking about between our own characters not other players. If we did other players then there would be stuff on the AH. I've paid good money to get some of these pets/companions. I'd like to keep them. Drop them back to level 1 if you want. I'm fine with that. That would make it better if you ask me. Don't need a level 15 companion killing everything while I sit back and watch.

Is there, currently, a way to transfer account-bound items, though? One of my characters, whose level 60, got the XP scrolls from the Thank You pack, but I can't mail it to my alt since it's account bound, (mail won't let you send any item that's bound, account or otherwise).

Thanks!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Ahh, for the Zen pets? Won't ever happen, to much actual money involved. For the ones you can buy with AD, my response would be that it's not that hard to make 980k AD to buy a Cat. I have two (without exploiting or buying them from exploiters) and haven't tried all that hard.

Every pet, including the Zen pets have the option to unbind, sadly the option is not working atm. It costs AD to unbind them and then you would be able to trade them. I don't know whether it is just bugged or they haven't been able to find a way to exclude the pets that came with the founder packs AKA the account bound ones.

Anyway, it's very annoying to say the least since it seems (I am no programmer so maybe I am totally wrong) like a simple thing to fix.

For the time being it seems the programmers are too busy fighting off the players that love ruining it for others by going out of their way to find and mass use every exploit they can find. Exploits need to be fixed, no doubt about that and they should have priority, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
  • Options
    varwevarwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are supposed to be able to unbind pets for AD. Currently a bug makes that impossible. Once the bug is fixed, you will be able to do this.