test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-game Controller interface.

zealotomegazealotomega Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I'm tired of trolling this, so lets let other people give their opinion on this matter.

1. We the people would like to have the ability to use our super expensive gamepad we bought to play games that could, would, should be have a controller interface since you only press "x" amount of buttons anyway. x=8 or more, but no more than 17.

or

2. "I just don't care", and of course there will be a lot of these because there are some people that are just asses and don't want to be helpful.

if majority wins in favor of adding it then please don't hesitate, and if the odds are against it then consider adding it but you wont have to since the poll lost.
Post edited by zealotomega on

Comments

• ozzilupoozzilupo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They had a controller scheme back on one of the closed beta's then removed it.
  • zealotomegazealotomega Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know and that is why in doing this so they will bring it back.
  • immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Controllers are a rather standard device these days. It's sheer pigheaded pugnacity to not support them directly. Mind you, many developers seem clueless about the darn things so that even when they include support they leave off basic abilities such as mapping commands to a combination of buttons rather than a single press and I end up having to use a third party program to get the functionality I want out of my controller anyway.
  • kurre2kurre2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Supported, signed, applauded! Me want my Xbox controller put into action. It works like a charm in CO - so why not here? :D
  • kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think having an extra control scheme like that is just another thing they have to continually fix -- there are a few really great controller-to-keyboard apps out there that let you fully customize your gamepad interface... and that's what you really want anyway, yes? Inevitably the one they include (such as with FFXIV:ARR) will not meet everyone's needs.
    [Beholder] - The Crimson Queen - Trickster Rogue
  • immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kingnewbs wrote: »
    I think having an extra control scheme like that is just another thing they have to continually fix

There should be nothing to continually fix, the keymapping interface just needs to detect controller inputs. It's randomly replaced one of my mappings with Joy7 before, so I know it *can* accept controller inputs.
  • enziet1enziet1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The way MMO's are going now adays with the "action combat" system. They should all have native controller support. I was kinda surprised to see this game didn't have it already. I had to mod it in and even now it doesn't move a fluent as it could if the game had support.
  • kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There should be nothing to continually fix, the keymapping interface just needs to detect controller inputs. It's randomly replaced one of my mappings with Joy7 before, so I know it *can* accept controller inputs.

Maybe you're right... but something tells me it wouldn't just be a simple one-and-done type addition. Call it intuition ;)
    [Beholder] - The Crimson Queen - Trickster Rogue
  • primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why not. It seems like the camera/controls would work well with one.
  • pooshankpooshank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cause this is like totally the only thing in the game that needs to be fixed am I right
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely needs to be put back in. It's what makes cryptic's other games fun to play.
    @Powerblast in game
  • koudelkamorgankoudelkamorgan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support adding back the option. Though I'm sure the chances of a PS3 controller ever being supported are less than .00000000000000000001%
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
    edited May 2013
    I support adding back the option. Though I'm sure the chances of a PS3 controller ever being supported are less than .00000000000000000001%

I use a 360 controller, so I don't have to buy a logitech just to use my controller with my computer.
  • nexusvalheesnexusvalhees Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can we please map out our own keys as well seriously my mouse has planty of buttons I'd like to push
    edited May 2013
    lets keep this bumped so it gets done.
  • jerilynjerilyn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I'm tired of trolling this, so lets let other people give their opinion on this matter.

1. We the people would like to have the ability to use our super expensive gamepad we bought to play games that could, would, should be have a controller interface since you only press "x" amount of buttons anyway. x=8 or more, but no more than 17.

or

2. "I just don't care", and of course there will be a lot of these because there are some people that are just asses and don't want to be helpful.

if majority wins in favor of adding it then please don't hesitate, and if the odds are against it then consider adding it but you wont have to since the poll lost.

Posting in support of this.