What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP In a Nutshell

veteranheroesveteranheroes Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
> Queue for PvP.
> Automatically join a game.
> Press "X".
> Sees that enemy team has two healers, and we have none.
> Also sees that enemy team has a much significant gear score advantage over our team.
> Loses.

o5Ea8o2.jpg
Post edited by veteranheroes on

Comments

• veteranheroesveteranheroes Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to point out that I believe PvP queues should be based upon gear score just like dungeons are.
    At least have a automatic team balance system... so two Devote Clerics aren't put on the same team.
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone not look at these forums? (12 Viewing)
    :l
  • sereenawindsereenawind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people may look at the forums but even though you are right and it would make it fair it is easier to write the program to make the dungeon random over making it fair. Thus they make the dungeon random unfortunately
    May the Good Lord keep you always in His Loving Arms
  • supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI, the score listing on the scoreboard is not gear score, it's just the score that player has accumulated so far in that match.

Also, two clerics on the opposing team is not the end of the world. A lot of time they will both hang out someplace like the middle and just stack circles. That means you just have someone there keeping them busy, while the rest of the team just caps the outside nodes. Now, if it's a premade it's a different story as they probably won't let you get away with that. But if it's a premade you probably already lost the match anyways. :p
  • bluechicken1bluechicken1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would like to point out that you missed a few steps so let me add them without numbers since they could be placed at the top:
    - press X to see its a 1-4 vs 5 game.
    - if its a 5v5 game, see that half your team is afk in spawn.
    - if its a 5v5 game and you say one wrong word to grp leader and get kicked.

i dont care about the 2 clerics on one team, i care about me being 1v5 because we are 3 on my team and 2 of them afk, or the other way around aswell not fun playing 5 against 3 either.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    We clerics get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by rogues anyway.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • mandraymandray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    We clerics get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by rogues anyway.

Just no lol literally all they can do is throw knives otherwise I havn't seen a rogue that can even hit in melee range let alone get through my defenses, maybe you're one of those fools in full pve gear and no con points.
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > Queue for PvP.
    > Press "X".
    > Also sees that enemy team has a much significant gear score advantage over our team.
    > Loses.

o5Ea8o2.jpg

lol you dont need healers to win.. this only works at low GS avg'd teams high gs your healer will vanish in 2 hits in or out of his blue..
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mandray wrote: »
    Just no lol literally all they can do is throw knives otherwise I havn't seen a rogue that can even hit in melee range let alone get through my defenses, maybe you're one of those fools in full pve gear and no con points.

lmao... wait till u get hit w/ 40k+ crits from a geared rogue...
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • slyteshslytesh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > Queue for PvP.
    > Press "X".
    > Loses.

Uneven teams are the #1 reason for unbalanced pvp Imho.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?301392-PvP-Balance-Give-both-teams-equal-amount-of-clerics
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feast on single casters off any type... teleport behind them... slows them... smoke bomb stuns them... back stab... shocking execution... multiple casters are a nightmare though. Respecing to get untouchable for PVP... then we'll see.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mandray wrote: »

I am no fool, please mind your attitude.

Granted, my gear is not the best. But it isn't the worst as well.

Other clerics do agree, and even a rogue in this thread, casters are very easy to attack. Of course, a well-informed group will always do wonders.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    edited May 2013
    This isn't my video, but this is kind of what I mean.
    35% damage reduction from one Astral Shield, stacking it causes 70% damage reduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no2VSQtZXPk

As I keep watching the video, I realize that he's getting attacked by three - four of the other team (some are even Rogues) and he's not losing any health. There is one point of the video where he gets hit with a Rogue's daily and almost dies: no problem, just regenerates his health back within three seconds.

I would say at least make the cool-down time of the Astral Shield to 1 minute instead of 15 seconds or whatever cool-down time it has.