test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GearScore: T2 lower GS than T1?

kneekikneeki Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've just recieved my Tier 2 Chest piece, replacing my Tier 1. However, with the same Gem equipped, I lost 251 points off my gear-score. I'm suspecting that this is because I'm breaking my 2 piece bonus of T1, a loss of 400 power. Anyone have any idea what may be going on? This is incredibly frustrating as groups require certain Gear-score ratings to attend T2 dungeon delves. Though, to my benefit, it's not as though they can check. I'm above the required minimum set in place by the game... I could always lie I suppose.

Here's screenshots:
9363: http://i.imgur.com/GFVX6SM.jpg
9161: http://i.imgur.com/0tblI6Q.jpg

GFVX6SM.jpg
0tblI6Q.jpg
Post edited by kneeki on

Comments

• Options
    grndmastergrndmaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You kinda answered your own question. You are losing 400 power by putting the better chest piece on. Of course your stats are gonna go down, you didnt think your new piece was gonna add more than that 400 did you?

Now if you wanna look at just how much that piece adds on its own, take off your gloves (that match the t1 chest for the 400 power bonus) then swap the 2 pieces in and out.

As to lying to get into groups, they'll either notice by inspecting you (they cant find your exact number, but its not hard to look at a persons gear and get a rough guess) or they'll notice as the run goes when its not as smooth as they want, or you'll do good enough that they wont care
  • Options
    kiyenkiyen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You lost gear score there because of the loss of the set bonus
  • Options
    kneekikneeki Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured that the loss in power was the cause of the gear-score decrease, but I wasn't sure of it. Though, I highly doubt 400 power is going to make or break a run. I'll simply hold on to the T2 piece until I get another piece.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GS in this game is bugged and basically useless for measuring anything of worth. I can STACK any random attribute and have a monster gs.

/thread