test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things that need to be added

arifmitarifmit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1. Vendors at the final boss to restock pots and injury kits
2. Alternative to #1, let me zone out of the dungeon and then zone back in at will
3. more ways than just dungeons to obtain seals. Some dungeon queues take upwards of 45 minutes to get a group.
4. Ability to zone into pvp if the game fails to do so.
5. A weaponsmithing profession
6. Real items (i.e. weapons, armor etc...) to spend AD on. AH is great but a vendor would be nice
Post edited by arifmit on

Comments

• tenshi1985tenshi1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. No, cause you need to prepare for an Adventure before you go there, how would the Vendor go there anyway? World of warcraft made something a little like you said, an ingenier robot that lets you repair and sell, but pots. Doing like you want would take away part of the challenge.

2. Its not a Hack & Slay Game, its an RPG

3. I am not sure about it but i think you get em in skirmishes anyway Oo?!?

4. ?!?!?!?!?!!? You dont know what happens when that happens do you?

5. YES, and every other profession world of warcraft invented (its not a joke, just wanted to give a little point to world of warcraft)

6. There is, look next to Khix ingame.

I am just a little bad mannered cause you could have asked before assuming you know what the game is missing, i love the game, love to help you to and i am going to make a guide to.
  • claypsoclaypso Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come hang out and chat about neverwinter... http://www.twitch.tv/ultimate_cd3
  • arifmitarifmit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenshi1985 wrote: »
    1. No, cause you need to prepare for an Adventure before you go there, how would the Vendor go there anyway? World of warcraft made something a little like you said, an ingenier robot that lets you repair and sell, but pots. Doing like you want would take away part of the challenge.

2. Its not a Hack & Slay Game, its an RPG

3. I am not sure about it but i think you get em in skirmishes anyway Oo?!?

4. ?!?!?!?!?!!? You dont know what happens when that happens do you?

5. YES, and every other profession world of warcraft invented (its not a joke, just wanted to give a little point to world of warcraft)

6. There is, look next to Khix ingame.

I am just a little bad mannered cause you could have asked before assuming you know what the game is missing, i love the game, love to help you to and i am going to make a guide to.

1. Yes, burning through 60 pots in a single run, you cannot be prepared for that
    2. I am unsure where you got the concept i was saying this is an ARPG but ok??
    3. Maybe I don't do skirmishes so you could be right
    4. Nope
    5. GG on recognizing the most obvious place where i took this idea. You still did not give a valid answer.
    6. Didnt notice the tab at the top, my bad

I know you are probably one of those people who think they are the smartest person on earth and everyone else is a trogg. I am sure you look through the forums saying "God, i cannot believe this person posted. I am so much smarter than they are that's why I am going to tell this guy off on the internet." Hopefully your suggestion thread will be more comprehensive and detailed than mine, i know i look very forward to reading it.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arifmit wrote: »
    2. Alternative to #1, let me zone out of the dungeon and then zone back in at will
    3. more ways than just dungeons to obtain seals. Some dungeon queues take upwards of 45 minutes to get a group.
    6. Real items (i.e. weapons, armor etc...) to spend AD on. AH is great but a vendor would be nice

1. Some instances do have vendors partway through, so there's no real reason why they couldn't add one for convenience. Perhaps give portable altars a similar functionality?

2. It would be nice if instances had checkpoints, and if you had to leave partway through, you could return to the last checkpoint you reached - like if real life called or something.

3. Well, some of the tougher open world enemies could have a chance of dropping seals, but perhaps they'd have to make them a low chance so as to not beat out dungeons in terms of seals/hour or such.

4. I don't PvP, so I cannot comment.

5. They should have weaponsmithing for fighters and rogues, and implement crafting for clerics and wizards. They should also have a jeweler for rings, amulets, and perhaps also the jems/runes for slots.

6. I'm on the fence about this one - it'd be nice for a way to buy exactly what you want at-will, but perhaps it'd have to be limited so as to not render the auction house obsolete or unnecessary.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As it stands now, it doesn't bother me that there's not a vendor at the campfire before the last boss but, if there was one I'd use it.

Don't agree at all with this option. Disconnect issues, someone gets sidetracked, maybe goes to AH for some better gear...just no on this option.

I have no opinion here, doesn't bother me either way.

Agreed, unless it's to fill a open spot after the match starts. Too much opportunity for abuse there on both sides.

Sure, why not. Variety is a good thing.

As mentioned by tehshi1985, there's a vendor that offers this. The weapons and armor are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you can get better for less on the AH.

Just my 2 cents :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    1) No decent DM will ever be nice enough to allow you to restock before a fight. You're going into a dungeon. You should be preparedYou should always have 100 pots in your inventory and 20 injury kits. If you are using them as a crutch, chugging them on cooldown to get through trash mobs, then you should respec/use different powers/dodge better/get a better group.

2) Well, you can. You just have to walk to the beginning, go to an NPC, buy, start again at the beginning and walk back, dodging or fighting any mobs that may have respawned. If you haven't gotten kicked from your party yet. Again, this is a dungeon. If you need to be babied through it, than you are not ready for the dungeon. Do an easier one.

3) Low levels definitely. You'll just never get enough seals to buy gear (or you outlevel it too quickly). For Epic tiers, it's about right.

4) No. A fix to how the queue works, yes.

5) Eh, pretty worthless. The other professions allow you to craft pants and shirts which are nearly impossible to get elsewhere. Weaponsmithing would have nothing except weapons that require more AD and time than buying a tier 2.5/3 weapon would cost. The skins had better be sick as hell if this was implemented.
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    burning through 60 pots in a single run
    :eek:
    Jeezus!
    edited May 2013
    1. Yes, burning through 60 pots in a single run, you cannot be prepared for that
    2. I am unsure where you got the concept i was saying this is an ARPG but ok??
    3. Maybe I don't do skirmishes so you could be right
    4. Nope
    5. GG on recognizing the most obvious place where i took this idea. You still did not give a valid answer.
    6. Didnt notice the tab at the top, my bad

I know you are probably one of those people who think they are the smartest person on earth and everyone else is a trogg. I am sure you look through the forums saying "God, i cannot believe this person posted. I am so much smarter than they are that's why I am going to tell this guy off on the internet." Hopefully your suggestion thread will be more comprehensive and detailed than mine, i know i look very forward to reading it.

1. as renegademarshall said

2. I was just pointing out its more an RPG than its Hack & Slay, or should be, which means everything needs to be build in lorefriendly, it may come someday, but a simple portal, only a CW or a Cleric should be able to open one, since the other classes no nothing about magic, so it needs to be something different.

4. Its not possible to do so cause its a technical issue, which stand between you and connecting, even if you would try to rejoin the result would be the same.

5. ... this was even meant nice, its just that this is comeing or at least other professions, why? Cause to get one of the profession slots you need to get 3 professions to level 3 so either they want you to do something useless for your character or as i believe there will be more, alchemie and more would be possible too.

I am not the smartest person on earth, i am smart though, and i am spenind a lot of time to becoming one of the top 1000 players. And me being mean was also cause the only reason i am going to write a guide (not suggestions, an at date "how to" guide) is because of pvp. Most people just dont know how to win, even if they are good with their classes, cause they dont get the mechanics, which i will explain, with help videos too.

Sorry for my being so blatant at first.
    edited May 2013
    tenshi1985 wrote: »
    1. as renegademarshall said

2. I was just pointing out its more an RPG than its Hack & Slay, or should be, which means everything needs to be build in lorefriendly, it may come someday, but a simple portal, only a CW or a Cleric should be able to open one, since the other classes no nothing about magic, so it needs to be something different.

4. Its not possible to do so cause its a technical issue, which stand between you and connecting, even if you would try to rejoin the result would be the same.

5. ... this was even meant nice, its just that this is comeing or at least other professions, why? Cause to get one of the profession slots you need to get 3 professions to level 3 so either they want you to do something useless for your character or as i believe there will be more, alchemie and more would be possible too.

I am not the smartest person on earth, i am smart though, and i am spenind a lot of time to becoming one of the top 1000 players. And me being mean was also cause the only reason i am going to write a guide (not suggestions, an at date "how to" guide) is because of pvp. Most people just dont know how to win, even if they are good with their classes, cause they dont get the mechanics, which i will explain, with help videos too.

Sorry for my being so blatant at first.

That's cute you think you are smart b/c you play a DnD video game.

As for the list:
    1. I am not near basement dwelling enough to care what a DM would do.

2. I could walk back, absolutely correct, but I should not have to dodge mobs or stupid gimmicks like that. If you want to play on the DM thing, then once you kill something it should never come back, EVER. one i have slain the trash and killed the boss then when i step back into the dungeon it should be either empty or filled with a completely different race of mobs.

3. I think we are all in agreement here.

4. I would love to see an actual fix, but it is doubtful they'll put one in so my idea is still the best standing option. Worked for WoW it will work here.

5. I've stopped caring about this one already
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you play a DnD video game

I am not near basement dwelling enough to care what a DM would do.
    but... you play a DnD video game.

and you play a DnD video game...

this thread
    :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    but... you play a DnD video game.

and you play a DnD video game...

this thread
    :rolleyes:

Correction, I play a game that happens to be based in DnD. I am a max level end game player. I dont care about lore or other garbage like that, i only care about gearing up and killing bigger and bigger things.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    Correction, I play a game that happens to be based in DnD. I am a max level end game player. I dont care about lore or other garbage like that, i only care about gearing up and killing bigger and bigger things.

You're not going to kill any bigger things if you're incapable of preparing for a simple dungeon.

You have the opportunity to buy potions and kits at the start or sometimes even halfway through the dungeon. If you have to wait until you get to the final boss before the thought crosses your mind that you should probably get more potions, you're doing it wrong. It is not the developers' job to baby incompetent players. It is their choice. Now if you weren't max level, I would understand your frustration since spending gold on potions that you'll outlevel would seem a waste, but if you're a "max level end game player" that you claim you are, there should be no reason to ever have less than 60 potions before entering a dungeon other than money, and no excuse other than incompetence on your part or your party's on why you would have to use more than 60 potions. And if your tight on money, an extra vendor won't do anything for you.
    edited May 2013

its your opinion this game should become something else then the designers intend, thats why if it will be inserted it wont be a vendor.

i am smart, you are possibly smart, but i see i got clearly better people skills even if they dont work with you, but you are probably playing to get out of reallife and switching to another part of your personality which is if this is how you react to people that criticize your opinion online , as most players do, in many different kind of ways, with many different kind of reasons, with many different kinds of excuses as why they are not playing for that. And its not about how much time you spend playing, its how much of your person is left when you get back into your every day life personality. I myself become a know it all cause in reallife i care about peoples opinions and actions very much and it would be easier to deal with em the way i do with you but i would run into the risk of losing the chance of getting to know the person. Since you are one nickname of millions, as am i, we should just dont care so much and accept the fact that you are being critized by more then 1 person and you could think of changing your opinion or play another game.

I am lvl 47 CW and 30 Defender, i got a life and a girlfriend i am just way into games and even more playing with other people. I am working on getting into the gaming industry, where my finish line would be creating something like Half-Life or World of Warcraft were in their prime.

Thanks for your time if you read so far, love sharing opinions ^^

HF and GL