test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this "GATEWAY" site real or fake? Need confirmation.

haloriahaloria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am not trying to spam or anything so please don't report me!!!
Someone sent me this link on my stream and told me it was for managing your toons crafting without switching. I'm pretty sure its fake but he is a trusted member.
PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR INFO IN THIS WEBSITE PLEASE UNLESS A MODERATOR SAYS ITS TRUSTED AND IS APART OF NEVERWINTER AND THEIR STAFF.

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

THAT IS THE LINK. I DID NOT MAKE THIS SITE OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MAKING IT, I'M SIMPLY TRYING TO FIND OUT IF ITS REAL OR COMPLETE BULL****.

Thank you to anyone with the answer and again, please don't use it without someone approval.

The link on the site takes you back to here so I wanted to see if its something perfect world put together.
Post edited by haloria on

Comments

• robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's the gateway, you get an ingame mail about it too.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is the official gateway site. That is not a fake site. When the devs mention gateway that is the site they are talking about
  • haloriahaloria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where can I find it on this site?
  • run0ffrun0ff Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Offtopic abit but suppose wont hurt. Anyone know how safe the Android gateway apps are (keeping password secure)?
    I am abit warey as I see they are not published by perfect world.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As far as I know there are no official apps. I expect they are just stealing your passwords. Android market is the wild west, it has no controls. I strongly advise you to uninstall and change your details immediately if you have used one. seriously. run, don't walk.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    run0ff wrote: »
    Offtopic abit but suppose wont hurt. Anyone know how safe the Android gateway apps are (keeping password secure)?
    I am abit warey as I see they are not published by perfect world.

If it isn't published by PWE you have no idea how secure it is and PWE has released no gateway apps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    It is not linked yet on the main site but I am sure they will add it sometime. In the mean time just bookmark it like I have. I have been using that site since the start and have never had any issues with account stealing
  • gummibear2gummibear2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one app i use though on android is just a fancy link to open my browser to the gateway site, that should be secure enough :P
    edited May 2013
    gummibear2 wrote: »
    The one app i use though on android is just a fancy link to open my browser to the gateway site, that should be secure enough :P

Not really. They could had code in the app to save your info still even tho it is just a link to the site.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gummibear2 wrote: »

It's your Zen I guess.
  • run0ffrun0ff Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thnx 4 advise guys will stay clear till Official App comes
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haloria wrote: »
    Where can I find it on this site?

omg! Just search the forums. It's all over the place. It's official.
    L'sya Raiya
  • nikosquirrelnikosquirrel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When in doubt, you can always do a domain name lookup.

=> http://whois.domaintools.com/playneverwinter.com

That should clarify things.
  • claypsoclaypso Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come hang out and chat about nerverwinter! http://www.twitch.tv/ultimate_cd3
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep - Currently there aren't any Gateway apps that we recommend. There's a couple out there in the wild, but we haven't vetted them yet, so we can't guarantee their functionality or the security of your account if you decide to use them.

Most mobile devices allow you to create a bookmark shortcut on your home screen/launcher, so this is the current process we recommend for people who want a "one touch" application-style launcher (rather than navigating to a page in your mobile browser). :)