test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tracking Dialogue Choices

realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Is there anyway to track Dialogue choices in a quest? So that you can have choices earlier affect dialogue choices on later? I know how you can use items for that but you can't give items from a dialogue choice as far as I can see.

Also is there anyway to loop back to the beginning of a dialogue tree? Would just be nice to return characters back to their default conversation if that is at all possible.
Post edited by realr3sistance on

Comments

• Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everything resets in each new map, but within the same map you can make quite a complex dialogue tree.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can make a Dialogue tree, but the kind of thing I am after is if you are mean to one person, their brother is angry at you when you speak to them. I figured a way to do this which is to give an item in an advance and then remove that item in all alternative choices the one you want to capture. It came to me a few minutes after making this thread... but it's still not ideal way...
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can use a particular dialog box as a trigger on an object's 'Appear when' . This can have many uses from starting an encounter to making an object appear.

To loop dialog, simply drag the arrow under any dialog box to the dialog box you want to link it to.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Nevfe, still not exactly what I was after but it sounds like something I can work around a lot better.
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Nevfe, still not exactly what I was after but it sounds like something I can work around a lot better.

Only through items you can track any dialog choices between maps. I do it in my campaign. This way the player feels that what he does, really has meaning.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly