test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you get T2 gear?

leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Honestly the only time I really try to run dungeons is when delves are going on, and that is only twice a day if I'm lucky seeing as how they are so few and far between. And on top of that you can't even do a delve unless it is a completely organized group of people (forget the LFG button as youll wipe for sure). My problem is, and the reason I am making this post is to honestly ask, how do you go about getting T2 gear? The only dungeon that is T2 that I am not asking myself "is this 1hr run going to be a waste of time" is Lair of the Pirate King, as it is the only dungeon that doesn't have an insanely hard endboss. Obviously you have to clear the last boss to get the delves chest, and this is the only dungeon that seems do-able. Please don't flame and say the obvious "assemble a guild group" "dont zerg boss" etc. I know everyone has found the T2 dungeons to be extremely hard, I mean its just a giant HP bar with endless adds that spawn and non-stop dodges.. I honestly dont even like attempting Temple of the Spider Queen anymore because its almost insta-wipe anymore.

I know Ill probably get a ton of people who reply and are going to act like they don't feel the same and that they don't even know what the word wipe means because they are the all-knowing all-leet players. Go ahead, but im honestly asking so I keep my interest in this game
Post edited by leetsawces on

Comments

• Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Auction house , worked for me
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Delves chest.

Anyone who did Pirate King when you could repeat him knows how rare actual T2 drops are and thus knows how much of a waste of time running dungeons during non-DD times is. (Except CN)
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I think the progression dungeons was meant to be months of content. Due to the actions of a few exploiters the game is flooded with epics. Now the devs have to rush out new content just to keep people happy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would really hope those dungeons aren't months of content. You can jump to T2 with 12h of PVP and none of them vary or have any kind of difficulty even if you don't cheese anything.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Auction house , worked for me

Why do you need T2 gear, or any gear for that matter, if you are just going to buy it? Earning T2 gear by doing T2 dungeons helps to make those T2 dungeons slightly easier for you when you have geared up. By simply buying gear & not playing the content, I think defeats the purpose of the whole thing.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    idk, I walked into T2 and didn't have any problems.
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Delves chest.

Anyone who did Pirate King when you could repeat him knows how rare actual T2 drops are and thus knows how much of a waste of time running dungeons during non-DD times is. (Except CN)

Yes delves chest, as I already mentioned this above? Im saying the only delves that isnt a waste of time (due to 90% wipes) is Pirate King but can you even get T2 gear from the Pirates delves chest?
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    Why do you need T2 gear, or any gear for that matter, if you are just going to buy it? Earning T2 gear by doing T2 dungeons helps to make those T2 dungeons slightly easier for you when you have geared up. By simply buying gear & not playing the content, I think defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Someone has to support all those rogues rolling NEED on everything .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    idk, I walked into T2 and didn't have any problems.
    Im already in T2... im saying that everything feels virtually impossible. Mini-bosses? No problem.. hit the end boss... expect a wipe and thus an entire hour was wasted and you have nothing but an overflowing inventory full of the plentiful un-identified green items. You'll be lucky to grind a dungeon for an hour and have one weak purple to show for it. Not to mention how impossible it is to find a good group when DD isn't going on.. and thats only twice a day unless you play like 12hrs every day which is just... yeah.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    TBH this whole gaming thing is a waste of time. It's meant to be fun and not serious business.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    Im already in T2... im saying that everything feels virtually impossible. Mini-bosses? No problem.. hit the end boss... expect a wipe and thus an entire hour was wasted and you have nothing but an overflowing inventory full of the plentiful un-identified green items. You'll be lucky to grind a dungeon for an hour and have one weak purple to show for it. Not to mention how impossible it is to find a good group when DD isn't going on.. and thats only twice a day unless you play like 12hrs every day which is just... yeah.

Play with better people, play a different class (CW and DC are most important to a group, so if you're good you can ensure that your runs are more smooth if you play one of these) and don't ignore the fact that the problem may be you.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DD event. And i'm quite good so the chances of success are fair if the rest of the team plays well. The only T2 boss still challenging me is Frozen heart.

T2s are for people willing to learn to play. T1 is for people willing to kill trash without worrying about things such as a build, team play, strategies, and so on.
  • Options
    aierrsaierrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    In terms of difficulty. I will place pirate > karrudax > spider > frozen /spellplague.

Each have their ways of fighting. And with a gs of 9k gwf, I have cleared all with pugs except frozen because of the tactics required in frozen.

You need to set the expectation right. Get ppl to buy pots and kits if needed before entering dungeon. Tell them to leave if they cant take wiping and som3one in the grp need a clear strat for the end fight.

SPider is not hard. The first ohase is the hardest, and its more of a dps race. Get her to 30-40% and ur safe. Cause she will spend more time healing than running arnd. Also each interrupt intervenes one of her healing strands. Once she change to drider its really tank and spank. Get gwf into spider grp. They aoe dps her plus adds first. To get her down to 30-40... the whole grp need to keep chasing her... easiest set up will be 2 dc, 1 gwf. 2 tr.
  • Options
    aierrsaierrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    In terms of difficulty. I will place pirate > karrudax > spider > frozen /spellplague.

Each have their ways of fighting. And with a gs of 9k gwf, I have cleared all with pugs except frozen because of the tactics required in frozen.

You need to set the expectation right. Get ppl to buy pots and kits if needed before entering dungeon. Tell them to leave if they cant take wiping and som3one in the grp need a clear strat for the end fight.

SPider is not that hard. The first phase is the hardest, and its more of a dps race. Get her to 30-40% and ur safe. Cause she will spend more time healing than running arnd. Also each interrupt intervenes one of her healing strands. Once she change to drider its really tank and spank. Get a gwf into spider grp. They aoe dps her plus adds fast. To get her down to 30-40... the whole grp need to keep chasing her... easiest set up will be 2 dc, 1 gwf. 2 tr.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aierrs wrote: »

SPider is not that hard. The first phase is the hardest, and its more of a dps race. Get her to 30-40% and ur safe. Cause she will spend more time healing than running arnd. Also each interrupt intervenes one of her healing strands. Once she change to drider its really tank and spank. Get a gwf into spider grp. They aoe dps her plus adds fast. To get her down to 30-40... the whole grp need to keep chasing her... easiest set up will be 2 dc, 1 gwf. 2 tr.

Dude besides pirate, spell plague is the easiest dungeon by far. That final boss is a total joke as long as you... once again, have a competent DC
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well I been playing 5/15 and my clerics GS is already almost to 9K. Just do the dungeons during dungeon delve times, scaled up the epic dungeons as your gear scales up, and I did some PVP to fill in the blanks in some slots. I expect to be in a full T2 in another week, maybe a full 4 piece set (already have 2 of the PVE pieces on one set). Some purples will drop on bosses too, if your lucky its a piece you can use.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dont find this to be true at all, first of all its insanely difficult to use the LFG (its in need of a patch big time) but when you do finally find a group the only thing to expect is a wipe unless you're doing Pirate K. I have been on and completed a ton of runs and the only T2 item I have is a chest piece...thats it.
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    if they are as impossible as you say, then how did people get them, and why is the AH flooded with T2 sets? if your answer is they cheated, then you are only lying to yourself, because many people could do this legit, as i have with my group.

Also, you are saying Spell Plague is easy, so why not farm the helmet from there? that would be a good start.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cheat...exploit. tomato...tomahto
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    cheat...exploit. tomato...tomahto

Already said if that is your response then you are only lying to yourself.