test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Whiniest Community - Ever

nyr0xnyr0x Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well, it's been 6 days and I've never seen so much whining in my entire gaming career. I've played various "bad-tier" (not to call Neverwinter bad or Perfectworld, 4 days and I got 60 and have never played an RPG so much, love it) F2P games i.e FPS and MMORPG. I came into the game after the AD exploits and I've gotten full purple gear in 6 days while spending $10 on the game.

1. The exploits - It's a beta, they'll be fixed, and I didn't even notice the AD exploit until I saw people discussing it then googled it so from my point of view, it doesn't seem that extreme. (Dragon server at least)

2. Astral Diamonds are ridiculously easy to get, I wish I knew about them a bit earlier and I would have sold some of the blues and runes I didn't need in the auction house, but I didn't start to get any AD til level 60 on my fourth day of play. Just do epics when the dungeon event is on, then PVP when its not on; get gear, keep or sell. Perhaps for a rogue AD is a bit easier because I believe the items cost more, but I don't think they'd be such an extreme difference to other classes.

3. Fast leveling, bored @ 60. I see a lot of these, people talking about getting 60 in short amounts of time i.e my 4 days (I believe to be short). I highly doubt any of these people with these posts have the best gear out or have even tried to do an epic dungeon with a decent group. I see most people posting like, "I got level 60 quick, have pvp gear, don't like pve WAT DO". Well, pvp more, but better gear, pvp, to be honest, I have no idea. If you don't like pve, perhaps the game isn't for you, because at the moment the pvp lacks a bit, but give it time.

4. "Extremely long farming" - I mean, I really don't understand it. I may be very lucky, but I've gotten full purple in 6 days (Iceshard dagger and Swashbuckling helm are my best items I think, rest is pretty much pvp gear and some of the drake coin jewelry). When doing PVE, sell everything, or when doing PVP try to get a party or guide the group you get in with, but don't be a ******. I often times run into teams that aren't the best or are just trying PVP, but help them out, then they might become a bit better and if you group with them another time, the game might turn out better.

5. Class Balance - CWs OP, TRs OP. Probably pretty true. I think CWs have too much range, too many dodges, and I can't tell if you can dodge their encounters because it's too hard for me to tell when they cast so I can dodge. TR's I feel are a bit balanced except the Shocking Execution which guarantees one kill, but it's not up very often and besides that TR's are very skill based imo. Almost everything a TR does can be easily dodged as long as you have vision, which many attacks are melee (I switch my PVP build to primarily ranged purely do to that reason, CWs destroy me with range, so I have to at least get a bit of my own and be able t ohit something instead of be dodged 90% of the time)
CWs at 60, from my experience, destroy TRs due to their CC and ability to dodge 3-4 times. This is coming from a halfling TR, halflings have reduced CC to my knowledge.

GFs, I think they're fine, the problem is the DCs. Two DCs will completely rule out the usefulness of a GF in PVE and PVP. Double DC is the most unbalanced composition I've seen in the entire game, as long as your in one of the circles that heal its hard enough to kill, let alone two of them.

GWF, the sprint is stupid, definitely needs to be a roll, slide, some sort of dodge similar to the CW.

There's probably more I could touch on and I could have done it a bit more organized and easier to comprehend, but I've been up playing this fantastic game off and on for twenty hours and still going.
Post edited by nyr0x on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nyr0x wrote: »
    Well, it's been 6 days and I've never seen so much whining in my entire gaming career.

If this shocks you, don't make Warframe your next game, just a friendly hint.
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree..

We live in a world of arrogant, self-entitled slugs clamoring for more, more, more...
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Lol, umm a bunch of whiners, we are doing this for the most part because we want the game to succeed, but their handling of exploits in the Zen and Ad markets destroy the long-term integrity of the economy and especially the short-term.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Guess you never played D3?
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like to relate this story every so often.

I was at a cook out and one of the burgers got dropped in the dirt on accident. One guy stated, "I'll eat the burger, I don't mind. So what if it is a little bit dirty?"

You see, some people just accept any old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they are given without complaint. Some even think they are better than others because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bogleparsonsbogleparsons Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »

^ this x 1000
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am guessing you were not on the Battlefield 3 (aka Forumfield 3) forums when they launched, this forum isn't even close to how whiny that was.

I do agree with everything else you had to say however.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »

I was at a cook out and one of the burgers got dropped in the dirt on accident. One guy stated, "I'll eat the burger, I don't mind. So what if it is a little bit dirty?"

You see, some people just accept any old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they are given without complaint. Some even think they are better than others because of it.

Or the other way around, you consider yourself superior and declare it a bad game and can't accept that others have their own opinions on it.

I really do enjoy the game and think it's doing decent for a beta. Almost every beta I've played has had some sort of broken exploit.

I don't think I'm better than others, I just think some people i.e you are being too critical.

Two perspectives
    A. Complainers are being too critical, so those who accept it think they're better.

B. Those who accept the game are thought to "accept any old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" and their opinions don't actually count.

I'm on the middle ground, wanted to state it's the whiniest community I've seen, especially for a beta and I then stated my own opinions on the current games state. I never declared superiority, I myself am a part of the community I called whiny, I never singled myself out.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »

This. A lot of the op's starting statements contradict one another, he's over rationalizing things to appear right.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    This. A lot of the op's starting statements contradict one another, he's over rationalizing things to appear right.

Please provide examples and not just accusations. Quite tired while typing this, but zingarbage never detailed on contradictions or rationalizations, he's just acting superior to those who just "accept any old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>".

The hypocrisy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please provide examples and not just accusations. Quite tired while typing this, but zingarbage never detailed on contradictions or rationalizations, he's just acting superior to those who just "accept any old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>".

The hypocrisy.

Fatigue is understandable, I occasionally make large gaffes due to it and or just mental exhaustion at reading trolls and horrible arguments/defenses

but..
    I came into the game after the AD exploits
    This changes a lot of things in terms of perspective, you cannot see the issue because you weren't here for the "before" picture by framing anyone who has issue with this with the tag "whiners" which you do by proxy. You essentially just make this seem like flame bait, based on ignorance. No offense.
    I didn't even notice the AD exploit until I saw people discussing it then googled it so from my point of view, it doesn't seem that extreme.
    See above, your perspective differs greatly due to not seeing the change in the economy.
    I wish I knew about them a bit earlier and I would have sold some of the blues and runes I didn't need in the auction house
    The irony of this being there was another exploit involving chests and runes. More economic woes.
    Class Balance - CWs OP, TRs OP. Probably pretty true. I think CWs have too much range, too many dodges, and I can't tell if you can dodge their encounters because it's too hard for me to tell when they cast so I can dodge. TR's I feel are a bit balanced except the Shocking Execution which guarantees one kill, but it's not up very often and besides that TR's are very skill based imo. Almost everything a TR does can be easily dodged as long as you have vision, which many attacks are melee (I switch my PVP build to primarily ranged purely do to that reason, CWs destroy me with range, so I have to at least get a bit of my own and be able t ohit something instead of be dodged 90% of the time)
    CWs at 60, from my experience, destroy TRs due to their CC and ability to dodge 3-4 times. This is coming from a halfling TR, halflings have reduced CC to my knowledge.

GFs, I think they're fine, the problem is the DCs. Two DCs will completely rule out the usefulness of a GF in PVE and PVP. Double DC is the most unbalanced composition I've seen in the entire game, as long as your in one of the circles that heal its hard enough to kill, let alone two of them.

GWF, the sprint is stupid, definitely needs to be a roll, slide, some sort of dodge similar to the CW.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlIFmcgBYXIx44PXb8dt8ExCO_p2YIDJ3_e1NCD_pbdC6o0Jz-6Q

Please stop claiming GF's are "fine" when there's massive issues with them at the moment, regardless of the "op" aspects of DC's.

Also, whilst there is a large segment of initial outrage, there is and always has been good arguments from both sides from a few players, you just have to cherry pick through the garbage, generalizing like you did just made you seem incapable both doing that and carrying the discussion. Sure folks are a little overtly critical of this game, but really the defenses are usually TERRIBLE.

"It's beta"

"if you don't like it, then leave"

"They need to make money"

"Oh so you think the Cash shop is overpriced? so you're saying you want the game to be free and cryptic to go out of business"

"If they say it's so, then it is"

etc etc etc yaaaaadaa yadda yadda.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Fatigue is understandable, I occasionally make large gaffes due to it and or just mental exhaustion at reading trolls and horrible arguments/defenses

but..

This changes a lot of things in terms of perspective, you cannot see the issue because you weren't here for the "before" picture by framing anyone who has issue with this with the tag "whiners" which you do by proxy. You essentially just make this seem like flame bait, based on ignorance. No offense.

See above, your perspective differs greatly due to not seeing the change in the economy.

The irony of this being there was another exploit involving chests and runes. More economic woes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlIFmcgBYXIx44PXb8dt8ExCO_p2YIDJ3_e1NCD_pbdC6o0Jz-6Q

Please stop claiming GF's are "fine" when there's massive issues with them at the moment, regardless of the "op" aspects of DC's.

So you basically point out no contradictions, just my lack of "being there".

Sort of like how nobody in this day and age should have any sort of opinion on the past if they didn't live in the time period no matter how much evidence/history is there to back it up. Great point.

And, I think GF's are fine, it's my opinion. Are you like the other guy and you're just going to trample over my opinions then say I was trying to act superior?

The hypocrisy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So you basically point out no contradictions, just my lack of "being there".

Sort of like how nobody in this day and age should have any sort of opinion on the past if they didn't live in the time period no matter how much evidence/history is there to back it up. Great point.

And, I think GF's are fine, it's my opinion. Are you like the other guy and you're just going to trample over my opinions then say I was trying to act superior?

The hypocrisy.

I probably misread what you wrote, due to being tired of reading bad threads that are flame bait waiting to happen, that doesn't mean you're right, just that I used the wrong word for "wrong"

Call my lawyer if you feel defamed.

So lets take this one thing at a time... so my attention span will allow me to converse without my brain shutting down from this dead donkey of a discussion.

You have a lack of perspective on the economic changes, that's an immutable fact, it seems great for you right now, for other players it was a massive devaluing of their goods they would have sold. Can you now see where the divergence of subjective opinion might lie there?

I never said you cannot have an "opinion" but that doesn't mean it can be used to make out folks that have felt the losses of the exploits economically, as "whiners" they have reason to be annoyed.

If you think GF's are fine, like I said you're wrong.You can claim it all you like and claim it's your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's true because. FACTS. They are horribly underplayed and have a massive amount of bugs and glitches, there is a LOT of drama going on about a block bug right now as we speak.

The only thing GF's have been good for, is exploiting. Please do tell me how that is "fine" because I can think of nothing further from fine than that.

"but DC's ARE OP"

Devoted Clerics are a completely different argument.
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hai guis, I just came to this game and haven't been effected by all the exploits that have been reported for months but still made it not only to launch, but a month into launch- I'm having fun, so you're all whiners.

Kthx bai.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someones new to mmo.
  • Options
    helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    This thread was started by a Craptic/PEW employee :)
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • Options
    neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So this is a post whining about whiners? :confused:

Wait..what?
  • Options
    xnoobnessxxnoobnessx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    ^ this x 1000

Quote for Truth.
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    This thread was started by a Craptic/PEW employee :)

But yet your still here :rolleyes:
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. This isn't Beta, it a full on launch with the word beta used as a fallback, plausible deniability clause, everyone knows it, the game sites know it and the developers know it.

2. Using the term career and gaming together.....chuckle.

3. The op assumes what they read in the forums has an emotional feel. The op needs to realize the typed word is silent and without emotion unless a descriptor or emoticon is used, otherwise the only way to get any emotion or "feel" of a thread will be the readers own emotion and assumptions. There is not a person alive that can type a page of any thread on this site, sit down and stare at it and have it talk or project to them, unless of course they take drugs or get drunk, then I can see all kinds of conversations the OP has and how they know people whine or yell or *****, etc.

4. The op can learn the difference between opinions and being opinionated, there is indeed a ton of that on these forums.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.