test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In-Game Dungeon Que -- Okay, it's time to fix it.

merkedbythebestmerkedbythebest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
If this isn't considered a bug, then someone please tell me what exactly it is. A "Bug" is usually defined as something that happens in the guts of the games system resulting in an undesired result.

Alright so I gotta hand it to the developers first off, you guys have done a great job with alot of the content. Of course, there's a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of bugs... that's to be expected with an open-beta. But I digress.

So going through the game, leveling is pretty straight forward. When you do reach your cap, you're going to have to start grinding out Seals from different dungeons... and running different rated ones to recieve the desired equipment. Cool, no big deal. Done this in a million different MMOs. Except in this case, no. It is in fact, not cool.

Where I could normally get over the fact that sometimes I'm grouped with 3 Tricksters and 2 Wizards in lower level dungeons, that is not the case in 8600 rated dungeons. You get creamed 10 out of 10 times without the proper group structure. Sometimes I could squeeze by with 4 DPS and 1 Heal... again, not the case in 8600 rated dungeons. And then, there's the classic *Facepalm* mix of 2 CWs and 3 TRs... really?! It might be something I could shrug off, but I can't because dungeons is all you do at cap... there's really no other form of endgame content PvP aside.

I'm tired of sitting there and thinking to myself "This is it, this is gonna be the lucky que that I've waited forty five minutes for!". Only to find that it is in fact my worst re-occurring nightmare in which everyone drops party at seeing the party structure. Then it's back to the good ol' que! Developers, I have the utmost respect for what you guys do... but until you fix the que system... there is NO point in fixing anything you find wrong in the dungeons (ie. filling in the pit behind the last boss in the Temple of the Spider). No party = No dungeon

To sum it all up developers... I really don't want to waste 95% of my playtime (and yeah, I think that is a extremely accurate figure) sitting and hoping that the que system isn't going to make a fumble... that my group might even make it away from the first campfire... Please, do something about this. Dungeons and Dragons... take away the second half and you might see my point. And in most cases... you run into a dragon inside of a... Dungeon. Yup.

I'm sorry if I sound frustrated, but it's been awhile since the game got rolling... I've held my tongue in patience and faith. Also, yes I'm aware it's on your list... but I don't see it at the top which is where it needs to be. Please, be the awesome developers that I know you guys are... and give this subject the majority of your attention. I realize that there is more than meets the eye as far as what's on your plate, but Dungeons are the essential building block behind this entire game. And I gotta say, they are some really well thought out dungeons, I just wish the que system was up to par with em.
Post edited by merkedbythebest on

Comments

• Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I played (and still play) on SWTOR. You'll get the right combination (assuming people correctly set their roles), but you may be waiting a very, very long time if you play DPS. I'm not defending the situation, but would you rather wait possibly hours for the right combo or go with what you can get? Your chances of getting a group may improve once GFs are better able to pull threat and DCs better able to drop it.
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you mean wait even more hours? lol iv'e queud for 3-4 hours on a number of occasions without getting in as it is. that said when i do get in usually the classes are reasonably ok, unless someone drops, then the replacement seems to be entirely random, likewise if i am said replacement. - so if 2-3 are replaced , you're doomed
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • Options
    mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I've writed a post about this myself, without any responses :/. I dont have a picture, but I have queued last time temple of spider with my tr, after an hour it pooped up, guess which was my team? Four tricksters and i was the 5th. Two left, the groupfinder "found" replacement, 2 trickster. Now 3 tr left the party, and the and the, let jsut say 'Unbelieveable' groupfinder again find us, 3 tricksters. Then I got mad, and leave. Oh and, the reason for "exploiting" temple of spider was cuz most lvl60, who isnt in a guild(whichis the bigger part imo) wasnt able to do it ''decently". And Imho it wasnt a real exploit. If someone was made a hole there and was sloppy enought to leave an entrance here and make the boss's ai to follow even to there, well dont blame ppl for using it.(I writed at least in 5 places about the all-same-add-massing-zerg-bossess)
    tirwen1 wrote: »
    Ok, I played (and still play) on SWTOR. You'll get the right combination (assuming people correctly set their roles), but you may be waiting a very, very long time if you play DPS. I'm not defending the situation, but would you rather wait possibly hours for the right combo or go with what you can get? Your chances of getting a group may improve once GFs are better able to pull threat and DCs better able to drop it.

Im playing it too, mostly as a dps, or secondary as a healer.(never gonna heal here xD) I am willing to wait for a group an hour or more, which will be able to do the dungeon. Im not gonna wait for a max lvl content which making 90% of teams wrongly, to be only , maybe able to do 5700 gs cloak tower and cragmire epics. Without at least one healer and tank(would be better 2 tank since the all-the-same-add-zerging-bosses) you wont be able to do higher gs content.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Im playing it too, mostly as a dps, or secondary as a healer.(never gonna heal here xD) I am willing to wait for a group an hour or more, which will be able to do the dungeon. Im not gonna wait for a max lvl content which making 90% of teams wrongly, to be only , maybe able to do 5700 gs cloak tower and cragmire epics. Without at least one healer and tank(would be better 2 tank since the all-the-same-add-zerging-bosses) you wont be able to do higher gs content.

But a lot of DCs aren't joining the queues because the aggro issue is so bad. (disclaimer - I'm a DC :( ) You'll see them in zone chat looking for a group, but they're very particular about the groups they'll join (a lot want 2 DCs in the group).
  • Options
    mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    True. Tanks cant hold aggro not even the full geared ones, and DCs most likely way to survive is to stack heal and absorb circles.
    The real problem isnt the threat DCs generate(my healer BH can generate very high threat)heal have most threat in classic mechanism, the real problem that you just cant tank here properly. I've seen (in swtor) good tanking and bad tanking, but there a good tank could grab and hold aggro in the 99% of cases. (The one, and this was only important in operations , exeption was sometimes some hybrid dps/tanks like powertech grabbed op bosses's aggro several times,but it was just a minor problem, which could been easily handled.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have BH, Trooper, Smuggler, Agent, and Sage healers in TOR. Aggro here is 10 times what it is there. Also, you can drop aggro there (forget the name of the skill), shield yourself and generally do a self-heal. Soothe doesn't work, healing yourself is reduced by 40%...

The point I'm trying to make is that even if they fix the queues, if no DCs queue because of the aggro issue.... what then?
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i didn't vote for any way on the poll and i hope other don't as well.

why? because it isn't the que that's broken or bugged it two of the key classes in the game that are. the guardian fighter and devoted cleric both need to be fixed asap not the que.

the guardian fighter is supposed to be the main tank class and can't tank. all the other classes can pull aggro off him without trying i can with my cw which has hi feats points in feats that reduces his threat generation and if he only attacks one mob. The devoted cleric for some reason generates way more aggro than any other class in the game! hell i tried pulling aggro off a dc with my cw on many occasions and i cannot do it and a friend that plays a tr tried and can't pull aggro off a dc either.

i know quite a few dc players that will not que for dungeons or skirmishes because its not fun and insta death for them. even with groups that have 2 dc's it better but still rough for them. i also know a few gf's that are frustrated and won't join the ques either because they end up chasing the mob they are supposed to tank. because they can't keep aggro.

so its the classes that need to be fixed not the ques.
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm a Cleric.
    Today I got into a 3-Cleric dungeon.

I weep for the other two groups who didn't get a cleric...

Alas, I voted "No" on your poll. As the poster above, I believe the tank and cleric classes need to be fixed in regards to their skills and aggro so more players are inclined to use them.

I've seen many players quitting their cleric due to being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by mobs all over the dungeons and being insulted by DPS classes.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    merkedbythebestmerkedbythebest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hobieone wrote: »
    i didn't vote for any way on the poll and i hope other don't as well.

why? because it isn't the que that's broken or bugged it two of the key classes in the game that are. the guardian fighter and devoted cleric both need to be fixed asap not the que.

the guardian fighter is supposed to be the main tank class and can't tank. all the other classes can pull aggro off him without trying i can with my cw which has hi feats points in feats that reduces his threat generation and if he only attacks one mob. The devoted cleric for some reason generates way more aggro than any other class in the game! hell i tried pulling aggro off a dc with my cw on many occasions and i cannot do it and a friend that plays a tr tried and can't pull aggro off a dc either.

i know quite a few dc players that will not que for dungeons or skirmishes because its not fun and insta death for them. even with groups that have 2 dc's it better but still rough for them. i also know a few gf's that are frustrated and won't join the ques either because they end up chasing the mob they are supposed to tank. because they can't keep aggro.

so its the classes that need to be fixed not the ques.

You both make a valid point. However, regardless of the classes functioning properly or not, the que system still needs to be intact for anything to move forward pass class fixing. You could think of the entire machine as a bi-ped or a person like you or me. Sure, we can stand on one foot... hell, if we do it long enough we can get pretty dang good at it. But nothing beats having both legs. In this instance the legs are the que system and the aggro system. So, let's say that the aggro system was rebooted, fixed, and functioned properly. You can't take advantage of that function if you can't get a DC in your group... or at the other end of the spectrum, a GF.

What I'm saying is, yes, in a sense I agree with you. But one of these items functioning properly is almost useless without the other working properly in unison.