test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Three Brothers Act 1 - Looking for Review

alucard060alucard060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi guys, made my first Foundry quest about 2 weeks ago and so far the only people that have played it have been fellow guild mates and people I have invited to play it. I have 2 more acts planned out, but lacking the motivation to work on them if nobody will be playing. I would like to see how others feel about it, so here I am.

Code: NW-DCL7EAYAJ
Name: The Three Brothers Act 1
Combat: Pretty consistent through out, but I don't think overdone.
Playtime: Roughly 17min.
Party: 1-2 Players

If anyone is in the same circumstance I will be happy to do the same for them, thanks all!

Quests I've reviewed so far
"The cry from the past"
"The Linkwell Inheritance"
"Tale of a key-losing Rat"
Post edited by alucard060 on

Comments

• dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Sure, will take a look.

And if you will have time, pls try my quest NW-DDJJA7X98 (The cry from the past) I need some tester :-/
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256402-The-camp-and-bandits
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
    edited May 2013
    So I tried it and I like it, quite good story, but there are few really big problems.
    You should allow players to track quest, I was quite confused where to go after I burier his wife..
    And also big problems with teleports- if you accidentally use two times (back) you will stuck inside texture. Set y coordinate.
    Because, that teleport to Hell (or what it was) without quest tracking looks like I should use it again...and after I used it, I get stuck inside texture and had to use /killme and had to go through whole cave again (withou quest tracking -that was quite hard)

But if you will fix this problems, it will be great!
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • alucard060alucard060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for testing it Dugada and for the info! Now that you mention it I never did try to teleport back out from the pit, so I never noticed it. I will fix that asap! I will see what I can do with the quest tracking, it was quite buggy when I had it enabled and was telling people to go through walls. I will give yours a try later tonight, thanks again!

*EDIT* Fixed issues with Teleport and added waypoints.
    edited May 2013
    yeah, it may be buggy, but you can fix. Just add more objectives on the way - like follow the path - with reaching point. Just split that way to more objectives. I hope you know what I mean :D
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doing this one now.
    My quests are in my sig. Do one, or both if you're feeling generous.

Edit:
    That was quite good. I didn't encounter any of the problems previous people mentioned.

* I like how we start on a platform above the room in the sewer but some of the other rooms in the sewer are kind of empty.
    * Was that a stacked encounter? Can't tell. If it was be aware than putting encounters on top of each other can make things diffucult for high level players (when difficulty ramps up). If it was not; ignore me.
    * I like how you've set up the entrance to the caves. Making it feel like a real crack in the wall.
    * You're using brackets in your text to denote actions. Just so you know you can use [OOC] tags and [missioninfo] to highlight text for a better effect. Also all the options are orange. Maybe keep those for only important options.
    * The wife's body is floating. Probably because she's on a slope and you can't rotate bodies. If you put her somewhere flatter it would look less strange.
    * The quest point at the first waterfall is still named "Invisible clicky sphere"
    * Some weird effect with the blue fade at the bottom of the waterfall. This is more likely a cryptic bug than anything you've done but the blue fade ends abruptly a soon as I leave the room with the crystals, then doesn't immediately come back when I reenter, only returns after a few minutes.
    * Might be worth making the caves (or the part of the caves after the waterfall) a separate map. This is so that if a stupid person (definitely not me) falls off the edge in one of the caves (not me) and dies (I wouldn't do that). They don't have to walk so far from the beginning of the dungeon.
    * The room with spiderweb floor: The web above you when you're in the room is just floating there and cuts off oddly. Looks weird when looking up at it.
    * Speaking of spiderweb room I like what you've done with it. I assume it's something like Invisible wall+web and then you used rocks to block off the actual path? Really well done.
    * The rest of the caves are also excellent. I can't tell but have you used the same trick other times as well? Closing off areas with rock to change the shape of the rooms? I like the ramp down made of rock as well.
    * Optional room full of kobolds is fun.
    * There's a quest stage that's just 'follow the necromancer'. Minor point but why would I do that? Why would my character do that? To give greater immersion you could have it say 'Stop her!' and let people flail at the npc without actually being able to stop her.
    * On that note: Why did I bury that guy's wife in a spider infested cavern? Surely I could instead have marked where she was and come back later to carry her out and let her be buried somewhere else. Once again, minor point.
    * When in conversation with the devil he's so large the camera clips through his chest. Not sure what you can do about this. Maybe make a slightly smaller devil for the conversation, just small enough that the camera no longer clips? Alternatively put a clicky sphere and 'talk' to that instead of the devil?

Anyways, as I said, quite fun.

My quests are in my sig.
    Please review one, or both if you feel like it.
    If you could, please put the review in my quest thread (also in sig).

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
    edited May 2013
    "Doing this one now.
    My quests are in my sig. Do one, or both if you're feeling generous."

Thanks for the great review lostcharta!
    * I thought about adding items to make the rest of the sewers more exciting, but wasn't too sure exactly what I could add besides junk piles and barrels. I do have one idea, I will see what I can do with it.
    *There were several different encounters in the spider room, that was probably the hardest fight for me as a 60 rogue. I tried to make the boss fights a bit challenging. I actually have plans to change that whole room.
    *I will fiddle with the [OOC]tags. I very rarely use forums and am not used to using tags.
    * It is possible she landed on top of the invisible clicky I have there. I will look into it.
    *Will fix waterfall clicky
    * The blue fade is automatically handled by that room, it also cuts out sound while in the foundry. I may change the room type at a later time unless they fix it on their end.
    *The lack of a second or third re-spawn point is very limiting. I agree that it is too far of a run in some cases if you die. Ohhh! actually I think I may have just come up with a work around for that.
    *Web will be fixed when I change the room.
    *Yes, invisible wall + web. ( The web projector sounds like it would work better, but I wasn't sure how to use it.) As for the rocks, yes they redirect the path.
    *Yep I used rocks to change the path in quite a few places.
    * Thanks I may do something different with the kobold room, the golem feels a little out of place. Only reason I added kobolds was so that there would be an actual reason for a fireplace to be in the cave.
    *I Completely agree, I will reword the quest objective.
    * It's not spider infested anymore! :) The whole cave is solid rock that was a good a place as any I could find.
    * Yeah I was really disappointed how it zoomed in on the devil when you were talking to him. I thought about scaling him down, but thought it would be weird having him 2 different sizes, but that may fit in well with him "regaining his power" I will also test the invisible clicky Idea and see which way works better.
  • tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice quest. I had a lot of fun and everything made sense. I liked the kobold god too

I found no mistakes other than "wont" instead of won't on an answer you give to the necromancer, but as you know I am the last person that could give grammar help ^_^

I had no problem at all with the teleports and your placement of props was very good (like the shield).
    The use of teleports to go back to the camp was a nice touch - i hadn't found any that was silent like the one you used.

We gave you 5*, well deserved ^_^

ps: for some reason as soon as I entered I clicked on the abort exit inadvertently, it was not a problem but maybe place the spawn point a little bit further or to the side ^_^
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review Tabris! I fixed the "wont" mistake and moved the spawn point in the sewer over a tad to avoid accidentally clicking on it. I am glad you liked the kobold god. :) Thanks very much to you and your bf the 5 stars! Oh and ps: The silent portals I used were Invisible Spheres with a FX-Lightning Portal on top of them.