test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experience and Crafting

ioveciovec Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First, in most MMOs you can stay in a certain area, and indeed have to in some, in order to gain enough experience to move on to the next area. I feel like simply completing the quests on level (in order) you can whip through the areas with no problem, if you stop to do any of the daily quests/contests etc. you will quickly surpass the level recommendation on the current story line in such a way that the quests become relatively easy. Additionally, I see the quests where there are multiple mobs coming at you at one time, the experience gained is smaller in comparison to those in which there are only a few mobs on the quest. I would like to suggest that you decrease the experience gained from quests by 15 to 25% and increase the value of the quest rewards by an equal amount. By doing this, players will be encouraged to spend more time in each area and be able to enjoy a challenge of a dungeon on level rather than being higher level than the quest requirement because you stopped to do the "lost relic" contest a couple times. Additionally, this would encourage players to explore other ways to gain experience such as the Foundry quests and achievements.

Second: The crafting in Neverwinter is different from other MMOs, however I have found that you have to be level 30 to craft items for level 9 or 10 characters. I would like to see crafting changed to where you can craft at least some basic items for characters at your level rather than creating what amounts to vendor junk. You should be able to make on level craftable items for yourself.
Post edited by iovec on

Comments

• Options
    dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    No idea what you're referring to about crafting. At crafting level 3, I can craft things that are useful to my level 20 character.