test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quit cheapening the experience with your list of Epic items for sale

insubstantialinsubstantial Member Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Next time you are peddling your Epic garbage in the Protector's Enclave here is something to think about. New players don't really need to have high level content spoiled by having a list of end game Epic items shoved in their face right when they enter the Protector zone. Yes you can try to not pay attention to it but quite honestly it is a pain the a**. Its impossible to carry on any kind of legitimate conversation with anyone or talk to anyone because the chat channel is constantly cluttered with people's epic garbage lists. Isn't there a specific channel where you can broadcast your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
Post edited by insubstantial on

Comments

• Options
    stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most MMorpg games do this. You have chat box windows you can customise to be just you and a party/guild. This is not going to change. Adapt bro.
  • Options
    raztaxxraztaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I agree completely, although as the second poster pointed out, it is not likely to change. I am amazed that the devs haven't included a default sales channel...maybe they will put one in at some point.
  • Options
    vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want to have a 1 one 1 conversation with someone use the whisper feature. I hear its amazing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Problem is that even if your whispering a conversation with someone unless you have a custom channel set up, the default tab still has the Zone in it, which means you can barely have a second to see what someone wrote to you before you've got Guido's laundry list taking up the entire box.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...high level content, "spoiled", by seeing upper level items? Bwah?

It's not like there's lore bits attached to those things, there's no "spoilers". I mean, come on!

....now, on the topic of the chat spam being annoying - well, yeah. That's absolutely true.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1 City
    +No world farming worth doing
    +No Epic dungeon manual zoning
    = Hundreds of people in 1 /zone.

Good luck having a conversation even without sales spam.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    bogleparsonsbogleparsons Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Starting today I am going to report anyone in Protectors Enclave that is posting WTS.

Take that **** elsewhere, not blaming you entirely I know we need a dedicated trade/guild recruitment chat.

However the chat pane moves so quickly with all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I can't read anything, and it is frustrating.
  • Options
    vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem is that even if your whispering a conversation with someone unless you have a custom channel set up, the default tab still has the Zone in it, which means you can barely have a second to see what someone wrote to you before you've got Guido's laundry list taking up the entire box.

LOL laundry list. Sir you make me chuckle. I made custom channels early in the season. I have one specific for Zone chat and one for guild and whispers. Trust me makes less headaches.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It WOULD be nice if these spammers were punished severely for not hawking their wares in tradechat.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, seeing stats of end game gear will really ruin the game for newbies, because its exactly what they play for-item stats.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    It WOULD be nice if these spammers were punished severely for not hawking their wares in tradechat.

I have absolutely no obligation to use a player created channel and neither does anyone else.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    I have absolutely no obligation to use a player created channel and neither does anyone else.

I don't have an obligation to report your trade spam, but you can bet I will.
  • Options
    xareaxarea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good lord, are you all so intimidated by the GUI that you haven't used the little gear looking thing by the chat window?
    It's as simple as switching to LOCAL (the middle pane) hitting the customize button and turning Zone OFF.
    I'll admit, zone should be off by default on Local anyway, but jeez do you need your bum wiped after every bathroom use too?
    I never use anything other than local, I can see /say /guild /party & system announcements & that's all I need.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you think it's bad NOW, wait until the servers merge! XD
    (inevitable sad face here)
  • Options
    rd87rd87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have an obligation to report your trade spam, but you can bet I will.

So you admit to hitting report spam on legit zone chatters out of spite? You should be banned for abusing this feature.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Honestly it isn't that hard. It takes more effort for em to read chat then it does to ignore it. I pay zero attention to local chat and since all my friends ditched the game, I don't even look for log in messages or whispers. No one talks in dungeons, so no need to pay attention there either.

People have stuff they want to sell. Some people don't like the AH for what ever reason.

Now that I think about it, looking at high level gear would motivate me to play and do dungeons because it would give me an idea of what I can look like in the future and a general level it can be obtained.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Yep, seeing stats of end game gear will really ruin the game for newbies, because its exactly what they play for-item stats.

Pardon me but yes its a MILD spoiler and basically its in extremely BAD TASTE when I, as a player who has yet to experience those parts of the game, get a long list of Epic Garbage for sale thrust into my face immediately upon entering the enclave. Obviously I don't have to mouse over those items and see exactly what they are but frankly I don't want to see the names of them and I don't want your garbage laundry list of Epic items a part of my game experience. Put it in a chat channel where people are actually looking to buy and discuss those items... don't shove them in the face of new players like so many turds.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    or just uncheck ZONE in your chat window settings and presto problem solved
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I always have Zone chat off unless I'm trying to sell something. 90% of the time, whatever is said there isn't interesting for me.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    or just uncheck ZONE in your chat window settings and presto problem solved

The Zone is a place where you can access a large amount of players over several instances...its not cheap advertising space for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you want to sell. Use it to send clear messages looking for specific types of players for groups or certain styles of playing the game. Its not your frakin game boy where you type off a bunch of abbreviated gibberish into it. If you want to type gibberish make friends and do it with them.. don't slobber/spit on everyone in the enclave.
  • Options
    agentdarkagentdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pardon me but yes its a MILD spoiler and basically its in extremely BAD TASTE when I, as a player who has yet to experience those parts of the game, get a long list of Epic Garbage for sale thrust into my face immediately upon entering the enclave. Obviously I don't have to mouse over those items and see exactly what they are but frankly I don't want to see the names of them and I don't want your garbage laundry list of Epic items a part of my game experience. Put it in a chat channel where people are actually looking to buy and discuss those items... don't shove them in the face of new players like so many turds.

suck it up go to another map and whisper your friends if you don't like scrolling to see whispers or just uncheck zone in your chat window settings or create a custom chat channel of only whispers and guild and never worry about it again or maybe just have your mother whipe your @ss for you somemore. zone trading is the only way to sell things for gold and if you don't have the AD it cost to list an item. theres only one fn city no legit trading channel. you wanna talk about "BAD TASTE" just like you crying like a little girl on the forums about it and to the fn @ss hat who says he reports trades as spam you sir should be banned.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Zone is a place where you can access a large amount of players over several instances...its not cheap advertising space for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you want to sell. Use it to send clear messages looking for specific types of players for groups or certain styles of playing the game. Its not your frakin game boy where you type off a bunch of abbreviated gibberish into it. If you want to type gibberish make friends and do it with them.. don't slobber/spit on everyone in the enclave.

This sums it up nicely I think.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    I regularly spam zone chat with 'WTS [epics here] for 10 gold'.

Until there is a way to either:

1) Easily generate gold
    2) Easily sell items for gold

I will keep doing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    I regularly spam zone chat with 'WTS [epics here] for 10 gold'.

Until there is a way to either:

1) Easily generate gold
    2) Easily sell items for gold

I will keep doing it.

No you wont. Actually you will be on the forums *****ing about your 24/hr silence.