test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

blue vs purple gear

nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Im wondering why people are so obsessed with gear score and purple gear? I find purple gear to be often quiet lacking - altough they do have most of the time more total abilities, they are usually much less focused. This means you might get a lot of abilities you might not need instead of more of the one you want... Additionally it seems all the purple gear only has utility slots which are kinda usless at 60 anyway (unless there is a way to "turn" utility slots into other type of slots).

As an example, i am currently using a mostly blue item set up to farm my t2 gear... as a gwf with my current build, utilizing mostly at will powers, what i benefit most from is critical, power and armpen - and i dont care so much about the rest...arm pen i get through abilities, since i also get a crit boost throug abilities and you get diminishing returns (crit is close to 2000), i focus on power which scales - with gear and runes, which yields me 6000 power outside of combat, and 9000 in combat - havent seen any purple gear that comes even close to that).
Post edited by nemesis788450 on

Comments

• kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If your gearscore isnt above 10k you obviously are a **** that doesn't know how to do the dungeon I'm running.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emm...im saying gear score ist just the total number of your abilities...if you were a guardian fighter and had 10'000 charisma you'd probably also have a high gear scor - doesnt say its the right scor/gear/ability... im saying gear scor doest not at all reflect effectiveness in combat and that it seems blue items are sometimes better than purple
  • kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was joking, in all seriousness though I haven't seen many blue items that are better than a purple at 60. My GWF has a really good blue helm that, based on its stats, I feel should be a purple. The only other item I'd rather use a blue over purple is one of those occult belts or w.e that have the offense slots. The best necks and rings are all purple and for the most part you want purple head/chest/arms/boots for their bonus'. So either two sets of 2/4 for 2 different +stat bonus' or a full 4/4 set for the second bonus.