test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dodging red circles and attack animations. Help pls.

boonahboonah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hi all

Im doing a lot of dungeons (or trying - GFs aren't popular it seems) anyway im having a problem.

The GF Cleave ability has a three stroke swing pattern that is animated throughout. Sometimes a red circle appears when im mid animation. And it hits me. Im doing all I can to move but the animation sort of carries on and I get caught in it.

Is there a way to remove the animations? is there a way to change it?

I feel like such an idiot getting caught in red blobs but there seems little I can do about it.

Any help is welcome.
Post edited by boonah on

Comments

• misterrmatt4438misterrmatt4438 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a few of my gwf skills are like that too.. you just have to learn the mobs pattern and only use that skill just AFTER the red zone of ouchface.. its all about the timing man ^_^
  • joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In theory when you are in red circle you press "shift" and block it, but sometimes its not working(im not talking about block bug now)
    Some big attacks from bosses cant be blocked.

Funny is attacks which you can block actually dont hit so hard, but attacks which you cant block hit hard.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There should be no attacks that cannot be blocked. (With the exeption of Dot areas that do damage when you enter) Blcok needs to be the most useful defense move in every situation, in order for GFs to make it into T2 dungeons as part of the team.

There needs to be a cap on how fast a GF can lose block meter. Block has to be able to save a GF as well as the wizards triple teleport in every situation. Thus block should not be able to drop faster then how fast a Wizard can teleport three times in row. So it must be impossible for any single attack no matter how strong to do more than about a third of a GFs block meter. And this includes overlapping red circles. Multiple attacks should not drop the GF's guard by more than a 3rd when taken in rapid hits. Over time yes. but not so fast the guard meter goes from 100% to broken in under a second.