test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pirate King impossible with Legitimate group?

grayimpactgrayimpact Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
The adds are just insane, It's impossible for me as cleric to stay alive at 8640GS
Running Sun burst, Forgemasters, and Astral shield + Flamestrike / hallowed ground.

It seems like you're forced to either have 2 CW's so you can chain singularity, or 2 clerics to stack astral shield which makes the fight so easy you don't even have to move and no one ever pops a single Pot.

If you don't have one of these, you're just screwed completely, at least in the PuGs I've had.
Sorry if I'm completely wrong, if there is a "legitimate" strategy, possible with any class combination, I'd love to know.
Post edited by grayimpact on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its possible with 1 cleric and 1 CW, just make sure others also take care of adds.
  • Options
    karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    TR on boss 4 others on adds works just fine. Only need 1 CW.
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Since your obviously perfect strategy isn't working, you should probably try something completely crazy and mind blowing. Like, killing the (very squishy and generally useless) adds.
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pirate King is pretty much the only T2 that IS possible with a balanced group.

In my opinion, its actually too easy.
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like your not running around with a GWF or he'd be taking all the aggro off of you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did Pirate King with usual setup (DC+Tank+DPS) and the trick is to avoid the adds. Swap Forgemaster for Chains of Blazing Light so you can get some distance between you and mobs. Astral Shield is enough for healing. And run in circle (inside AS) so the enemy block each other (collisions). On the end all the mobs were on me, but we did it. :p
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    Pirate King is pretty much the only T2 that IS possible with a balanced group.

In my opinion, its actually too easy.

I did all dungeons (except castle) with balanced group with just me as healer + tank and dps.
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    filc wrote: »
    I did all dungeons (except castle) with balanced group with just me as healer + tank and dps.

You're problem is you're thinking "tank + healer + DPS" is the correct group comp. With the way things are right now it's "CW + Healer + DPS."

A good CW will do more to keep you, and everyone else, alive than a GF will. Although the CW has to be a CONTROL wizard, not DPS.

As for Pirate specifically, make sure people kill the shades at 75% and 25% health and anything ranged. The rest of the mobs you should be able to kite.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have done all dungeons (t1's and T2's) including never with 1 DC 3 dps and 1 GF, saying it can't be done is just silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The point of failure on the king is killing the boss to quickly and letting the adds build up to high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]