test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bots everywhere

enterekenterek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In my last 5 matched at pvp i got 3-2 players as a bot with lvl 6 gear at 39lvl and running around or auto attack. I reported few times to support 2weaks ago about it. I even gives link to websites with bots but i didn't get still any response what is ridicules for me. These is "beta" and bots farming a lot. Most of it pvp only and selling without any putted points for real money.
Post edited by enterek on

Comments

• Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hmm guess I have been lucky and haven't been team with any bots yet.

I got accused of being a bot even after ranking second on team and /emote snakedancing in front of opposing teams base because I got stuck on loading screen on the way out and apparently Adhal is a common type of name for bots?
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't seen noticed bots in PvP myself. I can see why people might do it for leveling, but for making AD? Glory and PvP items don't seem to have a high enough value that makes it a worthwhile approach. But anyway, bots were an issue in That Other MMO and I hope something can be done about them.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yday i was pvp'ing with my new made low lvl cleric and i was amused with the ammount of bots on pvp. i see them running against walls...rogues just runing with no stealth and attacking same player X over and over but only using 1 skill. just......
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup, PvP is full bots. I played bout 8 games and in every each of them there was at least one bot, rogue class. Tried to report those users, but customer report system was down.

RIP PvP :mad:
  • Options
    niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I meet only 1 bot (well i played like 10 PvP games (not big fan of PvP)), and I kicked it out of the game (being leader have its advantages).
  • Options
    advocadvoc Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, heard someone complain about getting kicked for being a halfling rogue that is apparently popular as a bot, and wondered if it was that big a thing. Then a bit later in the 3X PvP range, found 2 bot Rogues who were running the exact same program. So they would go to the same spot, attack the same person, break off at X amount of distance from obelisk, and stand there doing nothing anytime they are dazed. Sad part was when the bot program was actually able to kill someone. Hopefully they find some way to get rid of them; as fun as it was killing the heck out of them, it does get old when it's the same thing everytime. Kinda kills the competition.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    PvP is unplayable because of this right now.
  • Options
    bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    yeah its gg
  • Options
    korttiapinakorttiapina Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seem to run into 1-2 bots every PvP match I play.. Rogue class bots.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ya pvp in this game is quadruple garbage. Without the ability to be able to go bare knuckle at the drop of a hat and pvp anytime anyplace one on one or otherwise. Its just comical, and not worth 2 seconds of game time.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guild Wars 2 was full of bots. The problem with just banning anyone that has to go afk for a second though is it will just end up getting a lot of innocent players banned. You don't think they can set those same bots up again? You don't think they can set those bots up to spam report every player they come across for botting? If you guys are demanding they auto-ban everyone that gets reported for botting, get ready to be banned, because those botters can report you five or six times for every one time you report them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol bots reporting me, gluck with that. i say swing that ban hammer hard if you want to keep your pvp side of the game working
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Guild Wars 2 was full of bots. The problem with just banning anyone that has to go afk for a second though is it will just end up getting a lot of innocent players banned. You don't think they can set those same bots up again? You don't think they can set those bots up to spam report every player they come across for botting? If you guys are demanding they auto-ban everyone that gets reported for botting, get ready to be banned, because those botters can report you five or six times for every one time you report them.

I demand working solution and I don't care what kind of solution they choose. I want to play PvP against players not bots. :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    but 1 DC 2 bots is fun?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    filc wrote: »
    I demand working solution and I don't care what kind of solution they choose. I want to play PvP against players not bots. :mad:

Most players agree. But I'm just warning you guys, you do NOT want them to implement an automatic ban-per-report feature, the bots will use it to wipe you guys out and ruin this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lafitte23lafitte23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure the devs are aware of the issue, but it is getting really bad. Could we get an reporting tooltip?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Another few bots filled rounds ...

Lets rename this game to Neverwinter: War of the Bots.

Maybe we could sign up those bots for some competition.
  • Options
    vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What game doesnt have bots in PvP? Are your heads stuck in the clouds? Bots are everywhere just cause you cant spot one just means the program their running is very well made. Its something you will just have to take with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vythical wrote: »
    What game doesnt have bots in PvP? Are your heads stuck in the clouds? Bots are everywhere just cause you cant spot one just means the program their running is very well made. Its something you will just have to take with a grain of salt.

I'm pretty sure that PvP in this game was not intended to have 5vs3(+2 bots), was it?
  • Options
    vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    filc wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that PvP in this game was not intended to have 5vs3(+2 bots), was it?

Im sure Lineage 2 wasnt intended to have over 100 bots farming Cruma Tower using Lineage 2 Walker. Im sure WoW wasnt intended to have bots since release and even to this date farming ore and herbs in every zone and in pvp using HonorBuddy. Im sure Guild Wars 2 wasnt intended to have a circus of hunters running around the lower level zones for crafting materials.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vythical wrote: »
    Im sure Lineage 2 wasnt intended to have over 100 bots farming Cruma Tower using Lineage 2 Walker. Im sure WoW wasnt intended to have bots since release and even to this date farming ore and herbs in every zone and in pvp using HonorBuddy. Im sure Guild Wars 2 wasnt intended to have a circus of hunters running around the lower level zones for crafting materials.

this game is not Lineage2, nor Wow, nor GW2 ...
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    low lvl gear is no proof with crafting leveling in game.
  • Options
    tekkwintertekkwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly...if you guys are not seeing bots in PvP your just not paying attention. My sons pointed it out to me. Typically its rogues and if they die you can go watch the spawn area they come from....they will spawn..then run in an exact path everytime back to point 2 and will just spam attacks....die...repeat. They will walk right past you on the way to point 2. Its very easy to see once you are aware of it.
    Tekkor | Adventurer & Brewmaster
    Tekk's Tavern |
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkorGJC
  • Options
    grudge13grudge13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah it is full of bots , what I find funny is that there is no more real attempt to hide it one round there were 3 of them in opponents team named like RRTLON ,VRKLOG and stuff like that.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im not doing pvp so not really an issue here...maybe if they implement som interesting pvp modes...

wasnt there a game where you actually got bots on your side if your team was not strong enough (didnt wow do this or war? cant remember)
  • Options
    somniaremortemsomniaremortem Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the botting is becoming annoying. I'm in the 50 bracket, and every game is now decided by which team has fewer bots.
  • Options
    cythrulcythrul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the botting is becoming annoying. I'm in the 50 bracket, and every game is now decided by which team has fewer bots.

This. I'm about ready to walk away from the game until they get this resolved.