test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add more incentive to play Foundry quests

jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
The daily quest is a start but since there is very little end game at the moment and some of the Foundry quests are brilliant i'd like to see some more incentive to run them at 60

Now, i understand it's a fine balance between giving decent rewards while preventing exploits but i was thinking something like a very small chance of getting rare loot or an amount of AD in the end chest. The chance could be tied to the length of the quest with a minimum duration limit to even get a shot at this reward

Thoughts?

PS
Sorry if this has been rehashed over and over

Also, a huge thanks to all the people working hard on giving us great content through the Foundry and on that note please add the ability to give bigger tips!
Post edited by jn2002dk1 on

Comments

• Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PWI will not add incentives because the foundry does not make them immediate money.
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    "Please add more incentive to play Foundry quests" sure. Here you go:

jn2002dk1, if you'll play my quest, I'll like you. :)

There's your incentive. Oh, and what foundrymaker said.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWI will not add incentives because the foundry does not make them immediate money.
    I so hope you're wrong but i have no previous experience with PWE
    The Foundry is the standout feature for me and providing some in game incentive to play the brilliant quests at level 60 could provide them with lots of free end game content
    It's not cash in hand profit but still, keeping players playing could lead to more purchases. I don't know but i can hope:)
    havocl wrote: »
    "Please add more incentive to play Foundry quests" sure. Here you go:

jn2002dk1, if you'll play my quest, I'll like you. :)

There's you incentive. Oh, and what foundrymaker said.
    How can i turn that down?
    Off to try it:)
  • Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    .... since there is very little end game at the moment... <snip> ... i'd like to see some more incentive to run them at 60

Surely the incentive is that there's nothing else to do other than run Foundry quests? People who just run them for their dailys or weak loot drops really dont get the point. The point is running them for new content and cool stories.

If people need further incentive then they want a gear grind and they're definitely playing the wrong game.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I sort of agree with the OP, I think that Damage Done, Damage Taken, Time, Kills should all be taken into account for calculating the quest reward. Damage Taken should be taken as a modifier so if no damage is taken it's clearly a bugged/glitches/exploited map. Where a really long/good map could give additional items for completion such as enchantments, green-leveled items, Rough Astral Diamonds and Potions. At the absolute top perhaps a blue item leveled 3~6 levels below the player level, I say below because blue items are roughly equiv of green items 10 levels above.

As far as making money out of foundry goes, money could be made out of foundry if there were premium maps. So people could pay to make a premium map, say 250 Zen which has more features, maps, quests, etc. And then the quest tips could be higher so that players that make maps like that get higher AD... of course it's a gamble on if you can make a good map like that or not and if you'd get enough AD to justify that Zen cost.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They had incentives but most players just played the short ones. No one really wanted to play other players stories they just wanted to mush orcs for EXP. Some authors complained EXP was nerfed the Foundry died.

Its sad that peoples stories arent getting seen but most players if they wanted to read a book they well go read a book.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    They had incentives but most players just played the short ones. No one really wanted to play other players stories they just wanted to mush orcs for EXP. Some authors complained EXP was nerfed the Foundry died.

Its sad that peoples stories arent getting seen but most players if they wanted to read a book they well go read a book.
    But that's why i'm saying the reward should be tied to the length of the quests and other factors like realr3sistance points out
    I sort of agree with the OP, I think that Damage Done, Damage Taken, Time, Kills should all be taken into account for calculating the quest reward. Damage Taken should be taken as a modifier so if no damage is taken it's clearly a bugged/glitches/exploited map. Where a really long/good map could give additional items for completion such as enchantments, green-leveled items, Rough Astral Diamonds and Potions. At the absolute top perhaps a blue item leveled 3~6 levels below the player level, I say below because blue items are roughly equiv of green items 10 levels above.

As far as making money out of foundry goes, money could be made out of foundry if there were premium maps. So people could pay to make a premium map, say 250 Zen which has more features, maps, quests, etc. And then the quest tips could be higher so that players that make maps like that get higher AD... of course it's a gamble on if you can make a good map like that or not and if you'd get enough AD to justify that Zen cost.
    Yup, i truly believe there is a way where we can get better rewards and PWE stands to profit in the end
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yospeck wrote: »
    Surely the incentive is that there's nothing else to do other than run Foundry quests? People who just run them for their dailys or weak loot drops really dont get the point. The point is running them for new content and cool stories.

If people need further incentive then they want a gear grind and they're definitely playing the wrong game.
    I suppose you're right. I'm conditioned by the skinners box. Still, i'd say even a small chance of a useful reward, besides the experiencing a good quest, could be an incentive and ultimately get more people to play the many great quests
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I sort of agree with the OP, I think that Damage Done, Damage Taken, Time, Kills should all be taken into account for calculating the quest reward.

I disagree with this. This would just lead to even more combat quests with shallow or no stories. I understand the issue of it being impossible to verify whether someone read dialogues or just clicked through them, but it would be a shame, and do the Foundry concept a disfavor, if combat decided the reward. People have individual preferences, but personally, I play Foundry quests to experience creativity and atmosphere. When I want to just "kill stuff", I queue for a dungeon.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    l2playgroxl2playgrox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have my own opinion that is similar to some of your ideas kinda taking the flaws of both sides and fixing them. Now remember this is just my thought on the situation, agree or disagree.

Flaws

Incentive side-So say you want to make more incentives in the game well now you run into the issue of exploiters. Well a simple solution to that is put a calculator that calculates the whole combat vs time. But I also see a problem with that perfect example the
    "Arena" type foundry quest. The quest where you just spawn a bunch of things OVER AND OVER AND OVER and kill them. Easily will be able to abuse a combat vs time calculator. So in the end you will get a flood of quest that are just incredibly combat heavy

No extra incentives-Well like others I find it hard to enjoy a nice two hour long quest and get really nothing for doing it. Sure I enjoy the story but at the end it just kinda makes me unhappy to see I get nothing out of it other then the entertainment of the lore. So in the end I do sorta get a feeling of that was a waste of time.

My idea on the problem-So we need to set up a system where we can get a decent combat quest with the normal good lore most of us want and a nice incentive at the end.

Solutions-A idea I had for this that some may not like but personally I think its not a bad route to go. Have a small group of reviewers who get to judge if the quest is worth having the incentives or not. Now this is a part that I cant exactly make up my mind about, I want to have this group decide the scale of the incentives. But my other thought is having the developers have a team dedicated to the quest that past and they review for incentives. We could also take this basic idea of adding incentives and letting people create their own 5 man dungeons and having items drop off bosses. There is so much to scale off the idea of adding incentives into the foundry its just how it gets executed that will make or break it... Finally as i said before there will be a small group of receivers to test out if the quest is worth incentives well, have the reviewers be a founders so obviously the group of people care about the game because they where willing to spend money on it.

Once again this is just my thoughts on the situation I know its not perfect and I would love to see others incite to the flaws.