test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix your LFG Queue tool

alcovitchalcovitch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously,

I can't count the number of times I've had the queue pop, get zoned in to then be instantly kicked out of the group and sit back in the bugged PE load screen because I wasn't a Cleric.

Why even implement a tool like the queue system if you aren't going to at least take into consideration the games basic class dynamics and requirements? Why is the tool putting groups together without healers?
Post edited by alcovitch on

Comments

• Options
    thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...because there aren't enough healers to go around.
  • Options
    blightedbishopblightedbishop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Then don't start the group up without one, or add a DPS to a group that lost theirs.
  • Options
    golbleengolbleen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue is that the queue makes no attempt whatsoever to properly balance a group, as far as anyone can tell, yet still takes upwards of 20-30 minutes to matchmake people, AND you can't requeue late into dungeons if someone ragequits, on top of being unable to invite friends you know to a queue run in progress...

For now it's best to just manually build groups for dungeon delves until they fix the broken queue system, especially with dungeons post-Cragmire actually requiring coordination.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does have some balance and amount of player in the queue for the same content considerations. You can tell this by when classes that are rarer/more needed according to the formula get in faster then classes that are more common or share functions in a group. However, if it can't make a "balanced" group after a certain amount of time, it just starts lumping players together versus keeping them in the queue even longer. Unless there just isn't enough players in the queue to start up another group, in which case it can take even longer.
  • Options
    alcovitchalcovitch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's a whole other problem that compounds the LFG tool too.

Why hasn't the aggro system been fixed? I have a Cleric friend who complains he spends more time running in circles then doing anything useful cuse of poor aggro management in this game.

It's also hard to find groups in zone chat since everyone and their grandmother is spamming the hell out of that channel for the same reason.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FIx dem toolz breh .

Reroll a devoted nerdkiter .
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    alcovitch wrote: »
    Seriously,

I can't count the number of times I've had the queue pop, get zoned in to then be instantly kicked out of the group and sit back in the bugged PE load screen because I wasn't a Cleric.

Why even implement a tool like the queue system if you aren't going to at least take into consideration the games basic class dynamics and requirements? Why is the tool putting groups together without healers?

because random means random, there is no "controlled random". you already got another option of pre build team, so just use it. stop blaming the game if people doesnt want you.
  • Options
    baconfanaticbaconfanatic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played every class in the game at least to 11. My DC is currently level 49. I can say that it didn't matter what class I was using, the Queue took 30-45 minutes. I don't get it. There's people in every zone saying "LFG" or "LFM" for groups, I assume because it takes so long to Queue. Is there an explanation for this? At first I thought "oh it's because there's not very many tanks\healers" until I played a tank and a healer and couldn't get a Q to pop. I like that there's a queueing system, if only it worked.