test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this possible?

alucard060alucard060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi, I am trying to add finishing touches to my quest The Three Brothers Act 1. And I am having trouble trying to figure out how to do something. Lets say I have two Npcs each with two dialogue options. Is it possible to have npc # 2 only show dialogue options 2 if the character chose a specific option while talking to Npc 1?

For instance...
Npc One
1) I like turtles!
2) I am more of a dog person.

Npc Two
1) I hear you have a pet turtle?
2) Oh a puppy! Is he yours?

I want chat option 1) for Npc Two to only show up only if they chose option 1 while talking to Npc One and the same with option 2. Is that possible at all?

The only options I see for enabling/ disabling dialogue is when a quest is in progress or when a quest is complete. There is also an option for only showing when I have a quest item, which actually leads me to another question. Can I set it up so that Npc one gives me, for instance, turtle food for option 1 and dog food for option 2?

Comments

• wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alucard060 wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to add finishing touches to my quest The Three Brothers Act 1. And I am having trouble trying to figure out how to do something. Lets say I have two Npcs each with two dialogue options. Is it possible to have npc # 2 only show dialogue options 2 if the character chose a specific option while talking to Npc 1?

For instance...
    Npc One
    1) I like turtles!
    2) I am more of a dog person.

Npc Two
    1) I hear you have a pet turtle?
    2) Oh a puppy! Is he yours?

I want chat option 1) for Npc Two to only show up only if they chose option 1 while talking to Npc One and the same with option 2. Is that possible at all?

The only options I see for enabling/ disabling dialogue is when a quest is in progress or when a quest is complete. There is also an option for only showing when I have a quest item, which actually leads me to another question. Can I set it up so that Npc one gives me, for instance, turtle food for option 1 and dog food for option 2?

If the NPC is linked to a story objective their dialogue options can only have the visibility conditions you mentioned. NPC's not linked to a story objective can be given dialogue options that are enabled/disabled when a certain dialogue prompt has been reached. So to do a lot of the better role-playing elements you have to break off from the story objectives. In order to give out an item, just have a chest/box/bag/container or whatever that appears when the dialogue prompt is reached ("Pick up that bowl of turtle food." for example), and make it interactable so it gives an item when you interact with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alucard060alucard060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks a bunch Wuhsin! I think I might be able to make that work with my story.
    Edit* Actually, the npc that I want to give me the "food" is on the adventurer map "Protectors Enclave" is it still possible to add items to that map in the manor you referred?