test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop Complaining

nahkunahku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Everyone needs to take a step back and remember this game is still in beta. Open beta, but still beta. There will be bugs, that's why we're all here to TEST the game. This is not just everyone's head start.

So rather than crying and saying how bad this game is etc, just report the bug, grow up, and wait for it to be fixed. That, or stop playing until the game is officially released, because if you continue to whine and cry about bugs in a beta, then you clearly don't know what a beta is intended for.

Just wanted to toss this out there, since all General Discussion seems to be is people QQing about this and that. I, for one, am enjoying the game and I'm pretty impressed so far. Of course there are some balance issues and bugs, but as I said, it's beta. Give them a chance. :p
Post edited by nahku on

Comments

• hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But is it still beta?
  • mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I believe in the state of the game statement it was clearly written that they are treating this game as live.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1/10: too obvious.

Checking your post history - what a surprise first post........
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A game stops being in Beta as soon as the Company behind it takes my moneh o.O
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perfectworld.com says it is live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • agent2090agent2090 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    perfectworld.com says it is live.

Right below the picture that says it's open beta. Your source isn't very credible when it contradicts itself on the same page.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agent2090 wrote: »
    Right below the picture that says it's open beta. Your source isn't very credible when it contradicts itself on the same page.

The irony is that the guys screaming open beta are quoting the same source.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nahkunahku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    1/10: too obvious.

Checking your post history - what a surprise first post........

Aw, I'm crushed... really.
  • agent2090agent2090 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    The irony is that the guys screaming open beta are quoting the same source.

Plus the main NW page and the NW twitter page.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nahku wrote: »
    Everyone needs to take a step back and remember this game is still in beta. Open beta, but still beta. There will be bugs, that's why we're all here to TEST the game. This is not just everyone's head start.

So rather than crying and saying how bad this game is etc, just report the bug, grow up, and wait for it to be fixed. That, or stop playing until the game is officially released, because if you continue to whine and cry about bugs in a beta, then you clearly don't know what a beta is intended for.

Just wanted to toss this out there, since all General Discussion seems to be is people QQing about this and that. I, for one, am enjoying the game and I'm pretty impressed so far. Of course there are some balance issues and bugs, but as I said, it's beta. Give them a chance. :p

couldnt agree more, that being said i am of two minds about this because they are taking money i do consider it to be in a live state.

However they are still ironing out bugs.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future there is a law passed which forbids companies to charge money in a beta, the grey area is just a bad way to do business.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe some people would be more inclined to "give them a chance" if they were honest and stopped trying to tell us this is open beta, insulting your playerbase's intelligence isn't the way to build goodwill.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aw, I'm crushed... really.

Why thank you ;)
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please read http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

This article should clear things up for all of those that still seem to be confused.

The game is in Open Beta.
    The cash shop is optional.
    The Open Beta soft launch has only been live for a month. Obviously there are going to be growing pains.

My advice is this: If you enjoy the game, then be patient and give them time to work out the bugs and issues. If you don't like the game, then please spare us all the whining and complaining and go find something that you do enjoy.

Edit: Constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. That isn't what I mean by whining and complaining. I think most of you understand the difference.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    The game is in Open Beta.
    The cash shop is optional.

So... when the game is released the cash shop will be mandatory?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • khazaadkhazaad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I'm more of a fanboy than critical consumer but "beta" is just a buzzword. If you're expecting some sort of epic release compared to what we already have, I feel you'll be gravely disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck. Even if you name the duck "beta".
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

remember guys. as long as PWE says its in beta, we have no right to complain about anything because beta.