test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items bound to character during Dungeon Delve

drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have several items in my inventory from dungeon delves which are "bound to character", some of them even not for my class.

is this intentional or a bug?
Post edited by drippindagger on

Comments

• Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm fairly sure that items gotten from Delve chests are intentionally bound to character to prevent trading them
  • Options
    drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    no i dont think so, because its not happening with every item i get from a chest. i sold a lot of items from chests in the auction house.
    i believe the majority of the items in the AH are coming from dungeon delve chests and not from boss drops.

and also, the dungeon delve chest gives an item which is guaranteed useable with your class. but still i have items gotten during dungeon delve (not form a chests though) which are for a different class, but bound to my character ...
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    no i dont think so, because its not happening with every item i get from a chest. i sold a lot of items from chests in the auction house.
    i believe the majority of the items in the AH are coming from dungeon delve chests and not from boss drops.

Then I honestly don't know :\ sorry I couldn't help
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and i'm also pretty sure that never happened before. i could sell all items i got while dungeoning .. and suddenly most of the items are bound to character.

does anybody else experienced this?
  • Options
    fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had it happen a few times with various rings and necks. It may just be that there is no BOE version of that item though because I couldn't find any of them in the AH either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah i also searched for those items in the AH and couldnt find them. maybe we were just unlucky to get those items ;)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some loots from bosses are BOP, which is stupid because the whole purpose of farming T2s is selling the gear we got.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that items gotten from Delve chests are intentionally bound to character to prevent trading them

And you would be completely incorrect. Almost everything in the game is BoE. This includes DD loot.

diogene0 would appear to be correct. A very small proportion of random loot from certain bosses comes out as Bound instead of BoE.

When I say random, I mean to the point of ridiculousness like one specific item from a set is Bound from one boss, but not from another and definitely not the whole set, e.g. I got today my first ever Bound equipment item, a High Prophet's Gauntlets (part of the High Prophet's set) from the Karrandax boss. How specific? Well given there are plenty of High Prophet's Gauntlets and the rest of the whole set in the AH, pretty dang specific. It could even be more random, e.g. that it could have been any item from that particular run.

Perhaps they changed or broke something in the previous patch with all their other dungeon changes. Has anyone ever received Bound loot from DD chests prior to last week's (now apparently game-changing in many respects) patch?

One thing's for sure: if it keeps happening at Karrandax for me, it won't be a dungeon I'll be running any longer. Given the incredible expense in resources and time plus the very low chance of good gear from epic dungeons, it is not worth my time or loss of potential AD or gear in doing such runs, especially during DD.
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I must say I had this problem swell, but only from one specific dungeon, Frozen Heart. I have looted 3 rings and a belt which all became bound to me as I looted them, and you can find plenty of those same rings and belts on AH making item itself BoE. I heard it is some kind of bug, but not sure. Would be nice to know if there was a way to prevent this from happening.

EDIT: Wanna add that this involves only items from DD chest
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uzala wrote: »
    Well I must say I had this problem swell, but only from one specific dungeon, Frozen Heart. I have looted 3 rings and a belt which all became bound to me as I looted them, and you can find plenty of those same rings and belts on AH making item itself BoE. I heard it is some kind of bug, but not sure. Would be nice to know if there was a way to prevent this from happening.

EDIT: Wanna add that this involves only items from DD chest

FH is the worst for this. It is the reason I no longer run it. Even the high potion cost as DC was not enough to put me off, but Bound loot every single run... forget it. Not worth the time invested. At least Karrandax it only happens very occasionally.
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bumping this
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it's just an error on the dev's part. I farmed one dungeon again and again, and again, for one set of greaves that were bop. They finally dropped after about the 50th or so time running. They were marked wrong, and will be fixed in the big patch. I hope that's the case for much of this loot.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hardened Dragonscale Armor binds on pickup, doesn't have a model ingame, doesn't have a set, and doesn't have an enchantment slot.

The only thing that's making me keep it is that the icon for it looks neat. I have a feeling I'll want to transmute it onto my armor when they eventually fix it.
  • Options
    necrovechkinnecrovechkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump. Got a bop ring from a dd chest tonight. Sucks..:(
  • Options
    erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bumping this... I just got a slavemaster belt from Pirate Lair's DD chest... :(
  • Options
    erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    obviously it was bound :P
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    some items, mostly blue rings/accessories from mid level bosses are bound to you, for some reason, don’t know if it’s only when you put need on it... but mostly certainly is.