test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chat silenced. What the hell is that?!?!?!

piku247piku247 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Why i got chat silenced for 24h when i said on zone chat that i want to sell something and i done it in like 20-30 distance? This is spam for god sake? And i got silenced for every <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> chat? WTF? Another shot in the knee of this game. Carry on similar nonsense, we love it seriously, we love it....
Post edited by piku247 on

Comments

• Options
    gyridhgyridh Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    That's because zone isn't actually for selling things, and quite a few people will report you for it. Here's another thread about it
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?292362-Chat-Banned-Proof-this-system-sucks
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silence happens when you annoy enough other players. Selling stuff in zone chat is a good way to do that. I turned zone off, its like trolls gone wild and of no value to me, but it will expire in a few days & you learned not to do that again.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or does everyone who starts a thread about being silenced in chat express themselves in such a way that we just shrug and say "well, no wonder they got ignored or reported" ?
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does everyone who starts a thread about being silenced in chat express themselves in such a way that we just shrug and say "well, no wonder they got ignored or reported" ?

If you have nothing constructive to say, just shut up. This is the only game that bans for trying to sell something or attempts at finding a team on chat. It's hilarious because I am treated the same as folks who advertise strange websites or just for fun cluttering chat.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would block you just because of your lack of language skills. When using the letter "i" as a pronoun to refer to oneself it is capitalized. Sentences do not begin with "and". Punctuation has a purpose, commas can be extremely helpful. Swear words do not help in bringing your point across.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    piku247 wrote: »
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just shut up. This is the only game that bans for trying to sell something or attempts at finding a team on chat. It's hilarious because I am treated the same as folks who advertise strange websites or just for fun cluttering chat.

LOL this made my day.

For me it's simple; if you have an asinine name, I ignore you. If you spam LFG enough that I see it 3 times in my tiny chat window, I ignore you. If you are selling, and your WTS shows up 3 times in my tiny chat box I ignore you. If you are just plain annoying I ignore you...

There is so much spam chat that it makes it impossible to see messages from people who actually are asking questions, or answering those questions.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would block you just because of your lack of language skills. When using the letter "i" as a pronoun to refer to oneself it is capitalized. Sentences do not begin with "and". Punctuation has a purpose, commas can be extremely helpful. Swear words do not help in bringing your point across.

Focus on the problem, not on my English language skills. They introduced a system which is based on opinions of other players and as u can see for an example muzrub333 user, you can be almost out of the game for 24 hours, because someone does not like your name.
This discussion has been closed.