test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bottom line: Punish pvp leavers!

h0p3ih0p3i Member Posts: 66
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Noobs and pros are alike, if they don't like how the game turns out they leave game.
Punish with at least a 20mins debuff for entering pvp.
Simple sollution for leavers and start advocating teamplay in your game.
That is the bottom line if you care, if not then you can see how your player base will turn out after beta.
Post edited by h0p3i on

Comments

• quseioquseio Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    no, cause if i get in the queue with a bot as a leader i dont want to play with bots find some other solution!
  • h0p3ih0p3i Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    You're not playing with bots, you playing with people. Bots are there because of security issue, and that need to be handled on an entirely different level. You don't solve the bot issue and game issue by leaving, you just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the game up even more.

Bots need to be handled differently, you should just forget this thinking altogether.

Although I don't think people care about the topic since youre the only one replied. How lol is that.
    quseio wrote: »
    no, cause if i get in the queue with a bot as a leader i dont want to play with bots find some other solution!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    There definitely needs to be a leaver penalty... AFTER the AFK BS is addressed.
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    h0p3i wrote: »
    You're not playing with bots, you playing with people. Bots are there because of security issue, and that need to be handled on an entirely different level. You don't solve the bot issue and game issue by leaving, you just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the game up even more.

Bots need to be handled differently, you should just forget this thinking altogether.

Although I don't think people care about the topic since youre the only one replied. How lol is that.

I don't think you know what your talking about. Have you even played this weekend? Every game had bots in it. That's a much bigger issue than leavers. Half the time people are bugged and you end up with a 3x5 and either are guaranteed a loss or have to leave.
  • maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I have to disagree, I have left matches before, for reasons other than how the match is going. PvP is just about all I do other than the PvE I have to do to level my toons. Ever gotten on an entire afk group except for you, it sucks, and I will leave every time. I have also left matches because of group chat being completely offensive, not to mention the completely clueless players that you might end up with on your team that not only don't know how to play their characters, but don't even grasp the simple objective of the game(controlling the nodes). They would rather chase that tank around and TRY to get a kill, when all they are doing is hurting their teams chances.

I would rather they fix this type of issue by implementing PUG and Pre-made queue's. This type of behavior doesn't happen on pre-mades, it only happens on random queue groups. I don't enjoy leaving a match, as I would prefer to PvP, but sometimes it is the only choice to leave, so I can queue up and actually do some PvP.

I also don't care too much for the kick mechanic as it is in game, although I have used it when needed. I have seen it abused too many times in game because someone who is selfish and in second place wants the gear they kick the leader. While this is a cowardly and vile act, it could have been completely avoided if the developers had half a brain and enacted a vote mechanic rather than giving one player on the team the ability to be god.

With that said, if I am ever in a match and have group lead and someone on my team is AFK'ing, they will be kicked immediately. I do not have patience for this sort of thing and in my opinion, this type of problem is completely the fault of the developers. As long as PvP has been in video games and this problem has existed in most of them, only because developers have not implemented some sort of mechanic to deal with it. I can remember this being a problem in DC Universe, and the developers enacted a kick mechanic that if someone didn't leave the spawn area within so many seconds, they were kicked from match, and the queue would replace them automatically. These type of things need to be addressed for sure, unfortunately most developers cater to the PvE crowd and if this is to get addressed, it probably won't be for at least a year after the game officially launches.
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »
    I have to disagree, I have left matches before, for reasons other than how the match is going. PvP is just about all I do other than the PvE I have to do to level my toons. Ever gotten on an entire afk group except for you, it sucks, and I will leave every time. I have also left matches because of group chat being completely offensive, not to mention the completely clueless players that you might end up with on your team that not only don't know how to play their characters, but don't even grasp the simple objective of the game(controlling the nodes). They would rather chase that tank around and TRY to get a kill, when all they are doing is hurting their teams chances.

I would rather they fix this type of issue by implementing PUG and Pre-made queue's. This type of behavior doesn't happen on pre-mades, it only happens on random queue groups. I don't enjoy leaving a match, as I would prefer to PvP, but sometimes it is the only choice to leave, so I can queue up and actually do some PvP.

I also don't care too much for the kick mechanic as it is in game, although I have used it when needed. I have seen it abused too many times in game because someone who is selfish and in second place wants the gear they kick the leader. While this is a cowardly and vile act, it could have been completely avoided if the developers had half a brain and enacted a vote mechanic rather than giving one player on the team the ability to be god.

With that said, if I am ever in a match and have group lead and someone on my team is AFK'ing, they will be kicked immediately. I do not have patience for this sort of thing and in my opinion, this type of problem is completely the fault of the developers. As long as PvP has been in video games and this problem has existed in most of them, only because developers have not implemented some sort of mechanic to deal with it. I can remember this being a problem in DC Universe, and the developers enacted a kick mechanic that if someone didn't leave the spawn area within so many seconds, they were kicked from match, and the queue would replace them automatically. These type of things need to be addressed for sure, unfortunately most developers cater to the PvE crowd and if this is to get addressed, it probably won't be for at least a year after the game officially launches.

I have to say I agree with this guy. There are soo many reasons to leave a PvP match that are valid. Those issues need to be addressed. And the first is the Kick mechanism. Vote kick should be in game. I've already started a thread explaining how it is being abused at the epense of other players If interested look here. But I'm not going into it here as this is not what the thread is about.
    What if you que up and then notice that 3 of the 5 people in your group are afk. Then the other team ports up to your fireside and kills your character over and over? Do you think it would be fair for you to quit the match then be stuck with a 20 min penalty for quitting?

So I think what you are overlooking is that people have reasons to leave and sometimes they are valid. Why punish them?
  • khazaadkhazaad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Punish people for starting new threads on the same complaint over, and over, and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    h0p3i wrote: »

Actually yesterday there was at least one bot in most of my matches - to avoid being reported for just sitting at the campfire they are running a pre-programmed route where they run to mid and stand there for ~20 seconds, then run to the pillar closest to the opposing camp. Once match had 3 bots in it and the two actual humans both decided to leave because we recognised the bot names from previous matches.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »
    With that said, if I am ever in a match and have group lead and someone on my team is AFK'ing, they will be kicked immediately. I do not have patience for this sort of thing and in my opinion, this type of problem is completely the fault of the developers.

And this is why the kick system has to change. Arrogant people like you abuse their powers under the guise of kicking someone "afk". Afk means away from the keyboard. Now if someone is sitting in the spawn spot for a long time and are a know afker that is one thing. But I have no tolerance for people that kick someone that isn't playing well or is guarding a point or perhaps are responding to a message. Kicking of folks should be a last resort, not something tossed around because you *think* someone is afk. That is just abuse of the game mechanic.
  • kelton59kelton59 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, lets punish players for getting disconnections or crashes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if we crash? I get disconnected then booted from pvp matches multiple times a day..
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    If you have frequent disconnects and crashes you probably shouldn't be playing in any mission where 4 or more team members are depending on you, least of all PvP.
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mcmetal1 wrote: »
    And this is why the kick system has to change. Arrogant people like you abuse their powers under the guise of kicking someone "afk". Afk means away from the keyboard. Now if someone is sitting in the spawn spot for a long time and are a know afker that is one thing. But I have no tolerance for people that kick someone that isn't playing well or is guarding a point or perhaps are responding to a message. Kicking of folks should be a last resort, not something tossed around because you *think* someone is afk. That is just abuse of the game mechanic.

What does the definition of AFK have to do with this?

I'd have to side with Maevar1 here. I've done this. For you to judge without first understanding is arrogance as well. And before you judge me understand that I give everyone a chance. I ask in party then Zone Chat " ??name?? if you are not afk you need to move". I'll ask them if they are in game. I will then in Party Chat say "I'm going to kick ??name?? for afk, if you disagree say so." If nobody speaks up on thier behalf (I coulda missed "AFK Baby crying message"..which I do look for,) then I kick them. It is a last resort, but one I will use.

If you think my actions are arrogant, then please provide an an alternative. But nowhere in Maevar1's post did he say he would kick for poor playing, only for AFK. And just becuse he did not detail that he has a way to verify does not mean that he does not have one.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, leaver penalties are just annoying. When i see a premade/guild, i just quit, there's no need to waste my time playing against people using teamspeak. I hope more people would quit against such premades, they would get bored and wouldn't queue again!
  • maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Bottom line to me is, with the state of the game as it is right now, there are valid reasons for leaving a game, as well as kicking players. Until PWE gets these things fixed, there is no reason to punish players that are the ones trying to have fun in game because of the actions of the few rat bastads that just wanna cheat the system. PWE just needs to build a better rat trap. Whether it is in PvP or PvE, no one likes to get stuck with a short team, for whatever reason.

A lot of these issues have been issues in many other games, and they figured it out, now its PWE's responsibility to correct it. Just sad that they were not something they thought about ahead of time, cause now us players are dealing with the fallout.