test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Consume item in dialogue?

ravenspire1ravenspire1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Is there a way to "give" an NPC an item in the dialogue tree? or is there a work around. I am trying to deliver a message to someone, also I am trying to return a sword to someone. Sorry if this issue has already been posted about.
Campaign: Right Place, Right Time: NWS-DHFZYUPJS
Chapter 1: Message Delivery: NW-DA3XAVZ9W
Post edited by ravenspire1 on

Comments

• Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    There is none.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    ravenspire1ravenspire1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply... time to get creative...lol
    Campaign: Right Place, Right Time: NWS-DHFZYUPJS
    Chapter 1: Message Delivery: NW-DA3XAVZ9W
  • Options
    keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm debating a hack-job fix like making an interaction object appear next to them called "(OOC) Click here to remove love letter from your inventory" but it seems like people kinda frown on stuff like that!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the dialog is a quest objective, you consume the item via the story board.
  • Options
    keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's true. My suggestion just applies to "side quest" stuff. It's kinda weird that story objectives allow you to do it but side quests don't. It's like how teleporters are the only objects that can't be made to appear and disappear too. I sometimes wonder why the Foundry programmers made these decisions!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the answer... you can't give an item away.. but you can have the npc say something like : "put it on the table there" .. then the character can interact with the table (as a quest objective). Set the objective to require the item and to consume it. That's the work-around.

Player gets item.
    Player delivers item and speaks to npc.
    Npc says "put it in the box/on the table/etc."
    Player clicks table (said item is required to interact with table).
    Item is set to be consumed by interaction with table.
    Abracadabra... Item is gone from inventory.

Good Luck