test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

dear devs are You nuts???

rugiewitrugiewit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
(...) Dear user [email]<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>@&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.xx[/email]

First we apologize for the inconvenience caused with the game .

At this moment, the only option to deal with the problem is to acquire "POWER's" reset tken from ZEN market .
Simultaneously we want to provide you with intenstwne we work on removing your problem but at this time we can not predict how long it will take works.
(...)

Is this a joke? Are You trying to say that because of ingame bug other way Your mistake, player should buy respec token from zen market for real money??? instead of send to him free respec token ingame by mail and let him play i.e.???
I talked to my friends about Neverwinter, few of them started to play this beta.... but thanks to You they don't want to play now. I understand that this is beta... but You should know that professionalism it is ability to solve problems... and You're still lerning...

hope You'll find the way
Post edited by rugiewit on

Comments

• Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Might help a bit if you explained what happened.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Most likely specced into a power that does nothing?
    I had the same issue with my heroic feats/paragon feats, i decided to not make a coockie toon and ended up having to sell my "dragon egg" for some AD so i could respec out of them because they simply dident work, ore were useles considering the 5 point investment. I feel this holds true for a lot of skills/hero build, quite simply every hero seems to have one path "worth" picking just because of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> buffs considering 5 point investment.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    pooshankpooshank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assume that he is most likely a cleric having the issue where abilities disappear/unslot when using the Discipline (think that's what it's called) ability and while it was supposedly fixed in some previous patches, some clerics are still stuck with the issue unless they purchase a respec token, which quite frankly is kinda bs and in my honest opinion they should be provided with a respec token as this is very easy to prove whether or not it's actually happening
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol in my opinion they should send everybody a respec token that reports a "non working" heroic feat/pragon skill/ power skill, simply because it is beta u know :).
    but what i think doesnt mather, like i posted above, i had to save up 45k AD (i know it aint much for some people, but when u just start this is a lot) just to spec out of feats that dident work :o).
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    preludeiipreludeii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Lol in my opinion they should send everybody a respec token that reports a "non working" heroic feat/pragon skill/ power skill, simply because it is beta u know :).
    but what i think doesnt mather, like i posted above, i had to save up 45k AD (i know it aint much for some people, but when u just start this is a lot) just to spec out of feats that dident work :o).

I think its different when abilities are removed from your bar and you are unable to put them back on. Especially since the reason it happened was because you bought a respec token that broke it to begin with.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cleric bug, if they're asking him to buy a respec token to fix it, then we need A: proof of it and B: to talk to someone in charge about it.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    cleric bug, if they're asking him to buy a respec token to fix it, then we need A: proof of it and B: to talk to someone in charge about it.

It might be a similar situation to what we had in CO a while back, I can't remember the exact nature of the bug but a quick fix was to purchase something from the C-Store.

The devs on the forums said that it was a bug and needed to be fixed, support on the other hand said that it was WAI and the only way to fix it was this purchase.
  • Options
    kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not sure what the issue is here. They said it will be fixed in later updates but they are not sure when it will be fixed. They have literally thousands of other bugs more important then this and yet you are complaining because they won't give you a freebie? The question isn't what is wrong with the Devs but what is wrong with you? I mean seriously? This is OPEN BETA meaning, yes, you will find bugs. Yes, there will be bugs that will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off. However, is it the developers fault? No. It is your fault for coming into an OPEN BETA without knowing there will be bugs. If your friends won't play the game at all due to a bug in open beta. Then your friends are not the bright. o.O
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The cleric bug where one of ure ability's during devine mode would disapear has been fixed in a previeus patch, sadly this patch doesnt make it work for people who already had this issue, they are stuck with an empty attack/heal slot.
  • Options
    nekoakureinekoakurei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not sure what the issue is here. They said it will be fixed in later updates but they are not sure when it will be fixed. They have literally thousands of other bugs more important then this and yet you are complaining because they won't give you a freebie? The question isn't what is wrong with the Devs but what is wrong with you? I mean seriously? This is OPEN BETA meaning, yes, you will find bugs. Yes, there will be bugs that will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off. However, is it the developers fault? No. It is your fault for coming into an OPEN BETA without knowing there will be bugs. If your friends won't play the game at all due to a bug in open beta. Then your friends are not the bright. o.O

For one, this is no open beta. You can't have a open beta with bugs and charge money. And do you realize, they are profiting from this bug? If they don't fix it for free, the only way to fix it is with a respec token. So let me spell this out for you. Due to a bug in the developer's own game, you are FORCED to BUY a respec token. If this was truly a open beta, meant to find and fix bugs, why would someone have to buy a token to fix something?
  • Options
    malaclypsmalaclyps Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    isn't it about time to stop waving that open beta flag around? it's not a beta once the cash shops open, i don't care what the press release is telling you. If you put money into, you can and should have a reasonable expectation of things working, or issues being adressed. "buy something to fix your broken character" is not a beta issue, it's a bull**** issue. on the other hand OP didn't bother to tell us anything about what's going on, so the rest is all just WAG's.
  • Options
    silentsinssilentsins Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nekoakurei wrote: »
    For one, this is no open beta. You can't have a open beta with bugs and charge money. And do you realize, they are profiting from this bug? If they don't fix it for free, the only way to fix it is with a respec token. So let me spell this out for you. Due to a bug in the developer's own game, you are FORCED to BUY a respec token. If this was truly a open beta, meant to find and fix bugs, why would someone have to buy a token to fix something?

Quoted for truth. It could be argued that this aspect of the product is explicitly NOT working as advertised. Expecting people to pay money to work around errors in your product is illegal in most industries, that's why lemon laws are in place. Why would it be acceptable here?