test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mounts in PvP?

froreefroree Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Why is it that 110% mounts are allowed in PvP? While more than half of players run around in their 50% mounts?
Post edited by froree on

Comments

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is that epic and blue gear is allowed in PvP? While more then half of players run in their quest greens?
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is anyone allowed to play any other class besides TR, if half of the players are all TRs?

Down with choices, communism now!

In all seriousness though, they want people to buy mounts with Zen of course. Like most free-to-play games, they gotta make their money somehow. Either it be through gambling (lockboxes), by discouraging people from trying to combine runes without a ward (1% combine change on armor/weapon enchantments), or by allowing fast months in pvp so others feel left out and end up spending real money.

In F2P games you end up spending more money than in subscription games, if you want to remain competitive.
    edited May 2013
    Why is anyone allowed to play any other class besides TR, if half of the players are all TRs?

Down with choices, communism now!

In all seriousness though, they want people to buy mounts with Zen of course. Like most free-to-play games, they gotta make their money somehow. Either it be through gambling (lockboxes), by discouraging people from trying to combine runes without a ward (1% combine change on armor/weapon enchantments), or by allowing fast months in pvp so others feel left out and end up spending real money.

In F2P games you end up spending more money than in subscription games, if you want to remain competitive.

Or you play it smart and use economy.
    I have epic mount, blue bag, more char slots, bigger bank AND haven't spent a single euro on the game nor have used a single exploit, just played the game.
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

This is untrue. I've played several F2P games quite competitively, never spending even close to $15/month. Yes, you can spend money like no tomorrow, but I've yet to see a game where that is needed to be reasonably well equipped. I'm sure some Asian grinders are up to their reputation, but no-one can force anyone to play those.

In this game, you really get all the important stuff with about $50, which is very reasonable cost for a game anyway. For something to be Free To Play, it doesn't mean you should get full experience free IMO, this game gives pretty much everything for free, and still forum is full of complaining that it is not enough.
    edited May 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    In this game, you really get all the important stuff with about $50, which is very reasonable cost for a game anyway. For something to be Free To Play, it doesn't mean you should get full experience free IMO, this game gives pretty much everything for free, and still forum is full of complaining that it is not enough.

That is how modern players are.
    They would be paid to play the game and they would still complain that its not enough.
  • trashcat87trashcat87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    froree wrote: »
    Why is it that 110% mounts are allowed in PvP? While more than half of players run around in their 50% mounts?

Because pvp has 2 small 5v5 maps with issues far beyond 110% mounts like class imbalance/afk boting/3v5s and so on. On top of that PVP isn't even the main focus for the developers at the moment.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I really like PvP in my MMOs, and for this reason, I'm glad that Rift recently went F2P, because PvP here has been a pretty big disappointment.

First off, more than half of my PvP matches include AFKers on one side or the other, making the entire match a complete waste of time. I PvP for fun, not for rewards. For that matter, disable ALL rewards for the losing team. AFK problem solved.

Secondly, mounts need to either be disabled entirely in PvP or scale so that all perform at 50%. People on the 110% mounts, as soon as they notice an opponent is using a 50%, just dash past them entirely capping points and not fighting. PvP is supposed to be at least partially about combat, unless I'm mistaken, and p2w mounts are taking that away.

Thirdly, PvP at level 60 is just plain broken. 6300 GS teams vs. 10k+ GS teams. PUT IN GEAR BRACKETS FOR LEVEL 60.

I'm really disappointed by the PvP right now. Finding myself spending quite a bit of time in Rift.