test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seeking Reviews

jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I have updated my current quest and am considering submitting it. However, I have only 3 reviews and 6 plays which is not enough for me to accurately determine if it is ready. If anyone has the time I would greatly appreciate some feedback. Leave your quest code if you have one and I will return the favor once my work set is over next week.

Ravenlyn Caverns
NW-DG3HR33SM

Duration is 20-30 minutes depending on the player
Combat mixed with light storyline and sidequest

Thanks,
~ Jaqaz
Post edited by jaqaz on

Comments

• Options
    gladmoregladmore Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll give yours a go and write a proper review for ya. I'll probably get it done tomorrow (sunday)

Of course I am scouting these forums for a chance to get my newly created quest some reviews aswell. So if you find the time.. please check out:

Ghosts Of Loved Ones

Type: (Light Story), (Combat heavy dungeon crawler)
    Length: (25 to 45 min)
    Combat: (Solo=Medium/Hard), (Duo=Medium)

NW-DO7G4LK2H
    Ghosts of Loved Ones [Light Lore] [Heavy Combat] [25-45min] NW-DO7G4LK2H
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll give it a go soon.

The below quest I made intentionally short, I feel a lot of people are going for the epic adventures and I think people generally want to do other things during the day than be in one place. Yours does seem to be in the right time frame for enjoyment.

A Mother's Woe by @Bostish
    Short Code:NW-DERJQ93CH
    Mission Type: Indoor/Outdoor Location Mission
    Average Duration:11 min
    Amount of Combat:average
    Starts at: Town Gate
    Mission Summary: A mother's daughter has gone missing, find her and punish those involved.

Link below for comments, so they don't interfere with your reviews.
    Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?276661-NW-2-quests-by-new-foundry-member

Completed NW-DG3HR33SM
    The quest was good, the use of dialog was fine except that use of OOC didn't seem consistent. Sometimes the dialog were all white, sometimes blue, sometimes yellow. OOC is generally used to describe the scene without having the NPC say anything. For example, "Excitedly clapping to the point her hands are red"

The Kill Quest shouldn't contain all the mobs in the area. The only reason it took a while is cause after I killed the end boss, I had to do the left only method to find the missing mobs.

For example, I missed the iceman and his wolves, so I missed the part where she was taunting me, though I already killed her, I'm sure you wanted that to happen first so needs to be part of the story sequence. Basically, each prisoner of which there was 5 could have a defender, but every beast doesn't need to be killed.

I can't really critique grammar, cause my sucks :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gladmore wrote: »
    I'll give yours a go and write a proper review for ya. I'll probably get it done tomorrow (sunday)

Of course I am scouting these forums for a chance to get my newly created quest some reviews aswell. So if you find the time.. please check out:

Ghosts Of Loved Ones

Type: (Light Story), (Combat heavy dungeon crawler)
    Length: (25 to 45 min)
    Combat: (Solo=Medium/Hard), (Duo=Medium)

NW-DO7G4LK2H

I put it on the list. Probably won't have time until Monday night or Tuesday morning Australia time. I'm roughly 14 hours ahead of EST. Thanks in advance for the review. Hope you enjoy it.

~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bostish wrote: »
    I'll give it a go soon.

The below quest I made intentionally short, I feel a lot of people are going for the epic adventures and I think people generally want to do other things during the day than be in one place. Yours does seem to be in the right time frame for enjoyment.

A Mother's Woe by @Bostish
    Short Code:NW-DERJQ93CH
    Mission Type: Indoor/Outdoor Location Mission
    Average Duration:11 min
    Amount of Combat:average
    Starts at: Town Gate
    Mission Summary: A mother's daughter has gone missing, find her and punish those involved.

Link below for comments, so they don't interfere with your reviews.
    Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?276661-NW-2-quests-by-new-foundry-member

Completed NW-DG3HR33SM
    The quest was good, the use of dialog was fine except that use of OOC didn't seem consistent. Sometimes the dialog were all white, sometimes blue, sometimes yellow. OOC is generally used to describe the scene without having the NPC say anything. For example, "Excitedly clapping to the point her hands are red"

The Kill Quest shouldn't contain all the mobs in the area. The only reason it took a while is cause after I killed the end boss, I had to do the left only method to find the missing mobs.

For example, I missed the iceman and his wolves, so I missed the part where she was taunting me, though I already killed her, I'm sure you wanted that to happen first so needs to be part of the story sequence. Basically, each prisoner of which there was 5 could have a defender, but every beast doesn't need to be killed.

I can't really critique grammar, cause my sucks :)

Sweet! Thanks for the feedback. I had someone else tell me about missing a few mobs as well so I may change that. I like your idea of limiting it to the guards at the prisoners. Should make it less annoying for people. Like I mentioned in the post above I probably won't have time to run yours until Mon-Tue Aussie time. So far you two are the only reviews I have received in the last few days though, so you are "the" list. :)

One thing to consider though about your quest. I know you wanted to keep it short, but 15 minutes is the cutoff for it to be eligible for a daily. If you are looking for more exposure/feedback/tips then you might want to consider adding a few mobs, more dialogue or whatever to lengthen it a few minutes. Just throwin' it out there.

Thanks again for the feedback. Happy Hunting!!!

~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    atiaxiatiaxi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Quest done! The plot was interesting, the combat was good - more specific notes follow:

- Text is all over the place as far as text coloring goes - some is yellow, other is OOC text, but it should all be speech

- Monsters don't seem to fit a theme - mindflayers, wererats, undead?

- The nonlinear quest was kinda neat, but it did mean I took a wrong turn and had to backtrack to nearly the beginning to finish.
    --
    My foundry campaign "In Thrall to the God of Rage":
    Crumorn the Spiked: NW-DCDX6KMED
    Nerisatis the Cold: NW-DNIEWE95D
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will trade reviews, my quest is linked in my signature.

Edit: Quest done.

Not bad, some issues with dialogue being a little to colloquial and anachronistic in some spots,"Kickball with your head" for example, and at the end the daughter thanks me for my candor when from all context about the need for secrecy it was my discretion I felt she meant.

The kill all enemies objective was tedious in the caves and had me running like the previous poster said, back to the beginning trying to track down the odd monster tucked in corners after I had already dealt with the last boss, which felt pointless and time wasting since it no longer served any other purpose for the story line.

I gave it three stars because the combat was fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have now done your quest and submitted a review. It also seem like the people on here have the same idea of what needs to be sorted - in order to generate more stars. :)

Anyway.. GJ, and continue creating!
    I put it on the list. Probably won't have time until Monday night or Tuesday morning Australia time. I'm roughly 14 hours ahead of EST. Thanks in advance for the review. Hope you enjoy it.
    ~ Jaqaz

- No worries, you should never stress adventure ;)
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi jaqaz
    Just ran your quest.
    Good storyline :) To mirror what another poster has said, it's probably not a good idea to lump all the kill/prisoner objectives in one, especially if the taunts are going to be linear.

I missed one group. Went back to find them after killing the boss and there she was, taunting me again. Probably best to stick with a linear kill this group then kill that group objective if you want the story to flow in a particular way.

Appreciate a review. Links in sig

Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    atiaxi wrote: »
    Quest done! The plot was interesting, the combat was good - more specific notes follow:

- Text is all over the place as far as text coloring goes - some is yellow, other is OOC text, but it should all be speech

- Monsters don't seem to fit a theme - mindflayers, wererats, undead?

- The nonlinear quest was kinda neat, but it did mean I took a wrong turn and had to backtrack to nearly the beginning to finish.

Much thanks for running it and for providing feedback. As for the text, it is something I know I need to fix. Others have pointed this out. Soon as I get some time I plan to. Thanks.

For the monsters, they are all different due to the bug that does not allow you to get experience off subsequent mobs of the same type. I noticed this on the forums, while testing and while running previous versions of my quest. So, I changed them all up as much as possible in order for people to get the most xp while running it. Later when they fix this I can go back and make them all the same.

If you are referring to the non-linear "kill x mobs" quest then yeah...I need to change that. A few people have stated that they had to run back in order to finish. That is not good so I will change that.

Thanks again. I wrote down the code for part 1 of your campaign and will get to it as soon as I don't have to work.

Cheers,
    ~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    Hi jaqaz
    Just ran your quest.
    Good storyline :) To mirror what another poster has said, it's probably not a good idea to lump all the kill/prisoner objectives in one, especially if the taunts are going to be linear.

I missed one group. Went back to find them after killing the boss and there she was, taunting me again. Probably best to stick with a linear kill this group then kill that group objective if you want the story to flow in a particular way.

Appreciate a review. Links in sig

Cheers

Yeah, seems to be a common theme that folks are having to go back. I need to fix that one soon. Thanks for the feedback. I wrote down your link and you are on my list. As soon as RL gets out of my way I will get those completed.

Thanks,

~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Will trade reviews, my quest is linked in my signature.

Edit: Quest done.

Not bad, some issues with dialogue being a little to colloquial and anachronistic in some spots,"Kickball with your head" for example, and at the end the daughter thanks me for my candor when from all context about the need for secrecy it was my discretion I felt she meant.

The kill all enemies objective was tedious in the caves and had me running like the previous poster said, back to the beginning trying to track down the odd monster tucked in corners after I had already dealt with the last boss, which felt pointless and time wasting since it no longer served any other purpose for the story line.

I gave it three stars because the combat was fun.

My storytelling skills are somewhat lacking I know. I find it hard to come up with things to have the characters say. I do plan to review the text though and will keep in mind your point about the "kickball" and ending conversation.

Thanks for the feedback. Your quest is now on my list.

~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't know about the 15 minute minimum, I guess I better add to mine as-well :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finished the below quests and provided reviews/tips. Thanks again for checking mine out. I have updated the quest with your reviews in mind. Feel free to give it another go if you want.

NW-DO7G4LK2H (gladmore)
    NW-DERJQ93CH (bostish)
    NW-DCDX6KMED (atiaxi)

I will get to the rest when I have time.

~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finished the rest I believe...Reviews were provided.

NW-DFEKZANXF (pavvo)
    NW-DFIM545CN (dominemesis)

Thanks again,
    ~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    •A bit too long.
    ... quest info says [25-45 min]
    •No real story after husband.
    quest info says: [Light story] [Combat heavy dungeon crawler]
    •Just following a sparkly line.
    ... Isn't this what we have been doing all along? *jk*:)
    •Too many quest items.
    ... Yes, I can see how this is an "issue". 3-4 Slots is alot in this game.
    •Mob stacking not needed.
    ... I really don't know what mob stacking is. Could you please elaborate?

I really like reviews that can improve my performance. All I really got here was personal preference (Too long, too little story.. too many items, ect..) All of this was in the quest info text... (except the quest items bit) ...and needs to be taken for what it is, instead of blindly hoping / expecting it to be something else. But once again, this mob stacking thing got me curious.

Btw.. this is not "whine", as the kids say. I'm just here to get some more info out of well.. (let's blame the very small amount of letters allowed in the in-game review box).
    Discussion is key =)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm relatively new foundry creator. However, I think mob stacking is when you add more than encounters in one spot. The theory is the game is balanced pretty good unless you are going for a hard mode. Since, the mobs scale to the player, what maybe easy for a rogue maybe quite hard for a tank.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gladmore wrote: »
    ... quest info says [25-45 min]
    quest info says: [Light story] [Combat heavy dungeon crawler]
    ... Isn't this what we have been doing all along? *jk*:)
    ... Yes, I can see how this is an "issue". 3-4 Slots is alot in this game.
    ... I really don't know what mob stacking is. Could you please elaborate?

I really like reviews that can improve my performance. All I really got here was personal preference (Too long, too little story.. too many items, ect..) All of this was in the quest info text... (except the quest items bit) ...and needs to be taken for what it is, instead of blindly hoping / expecting it to be something else. But once again, this mob stacking thing got me curious.

Btw.. this is not "whine", as the kids say. I'm just here to get some more info out of well.. (let's blame the very small amount of letters allowed in the in-game review box).
    Discussion is key =)

While you are correct in that your quest info points those things out I still wanted to provide my thoughts. If those things are what you intended then my opinion is pointless. As you said, "Take it for what it is". As to the mob-stacking there were a few spots where you had groups of mobs stacked. I assume to boost the difficulty. This isn't so bad if you space them out so that you don't have to take them all on at once. However, when stacked on top of each other and with how the scaling works in this games those fights will become much harder at higher levels. This will more than likely cause people to shy away from your quest. Most, not everyone, but most people want it to be challenging, but not ridiculously hard.

I did not take your post as whining. If we were given more room to provide proper reviews I could have elaborated a bit and explained that those comments were just my opinion. By the way, my opinion and $1.50 will get you a soda where I work. So yeah...that's what my opinion is worth.

Cheers,
    ~ Jaqaz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Yes indeed, I was aiming for a harder encounter. When it was first published I found it way to easy, so there has been some tweaking going on. But then again... I am running with a rogue, with a healer companion (I guess this combo is optimal in this case).
    I really didn't consider how the experience was for the classes with lower damage output.

I will however keep it the way it is... as I personally like it a little bit rough *wink*
    As a wise person once said, in a tutorial video about the Foundry:
    Don't worry about getting 60.000 reviews. Make what you want to make, and enjoy the process of creating. We can't all fit in the spotlight.

Btw, your opinion is now worth atleast 4 beers, on top of that soda mate ;)

.. Happy hunting.