test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When is the game launching ?

jubeidawnjubeidawn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wondering when is the game going live ?wasent it at 25/05 ?? is there anything saying when its out of Beta ?
Thnx
Post edited by jubeidawn on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    anyone knows where i can get this info?
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jubeidawn wrote: »
    Just wondering when is the game going live ?wasent it at 25/05 ?? is there anything saying when its out of Beta ?
    Thnx

It'll be out of beta..probably a couple years from now. Maybe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    is there no info on this ?
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is no information available at this time since there has been no announcement yet as to when they have plans for an official launch date.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They haven't announced it. Could be in a couple weeks, or could be in a couple years. It is merely a label to say "we are still working on some issues so go easy on us" rather than an actual beta. There will be no more character wipes, they are taking cash for things in the zen shop, and they are banning exploiters. That sounds like a game that has been launched to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wow thats really disapointing....so noones stepping up with a launch date ok thx for the info.
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why announce it when they can make bank during OB and use it as a crutch at the same time?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow thats really disapointing....so noones stepping up with a launch date ok thx for the info.

Why does it matter? Nothing significant is going to change.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's live. At least that's what it says on PW's website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because there is none? It will be beta for 6+ months most likely and then just hype for release, but nothing will change for people playing already, maybe except more content.

For the reference check Allods Online history.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    its a matter of attitude i think, i want a launched game not a beta i want to play something finished and ready to play! and there was the possibility of ranger at launch so i wanted to know a date.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    considered...lol
  • Options
    hexcaster84hexcaster84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone can register and play immediately
    There is no more wipes.
    The cash shop is online.

Sounds like the game has already launched to me.

Cryptic, like many developers now are using a tactic I like to call "beta blocking"
    This is where you have a fully live service but you keep the BETA tag on it so when something inevitably goes wrong they can "block" criticism by saying "its still a beta guys!"
    but more importantly it allows them to keep any full numeric reviews from hitting Metacrtic until they feel more secure with the state of the content while still having the benefit of having a live game making revenue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    it just seems wrong to me!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    its a matter of attitude i think, i want a launched game not a beta i want to play something finished and ready to play! and there was the possibility of ranger at launch so i wanted to know a date.

Calling it launched, will not make it finished. They can call it launched now and it will not make the bugs go away. If you are waiting for a complete, bug free, finished product. I expect you will be waiting for a very long time. MMOs rarely reach a state, one can call finished.

The game is playable, the game is functional, they are more then willing to take your cash, and there will be no wipes. Short of the actual label, this is as close to a real launch as one can get.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well that takes us to the point of Why? isint it a lauched then ?
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    well that takes us to the point of Why? isint it a lauched then ?

Because there's still endgame content yet to be added. There's still another race and another class to be added. That's why it's still beta and not officially launched yet.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its a CYA move. Really just a matter of marketing. When folks look back at the number of exploits and bugs that happened in the first few weeks here. And the cries of "failed launch" start to echo. Cryptic can go nope, it was only Beta. I suspect it was also a move to keep the ravenous review wolves at bay until some of the post launch...err beta pains subside.

Its just a label that only has meaning to people who care about labels. For most of us, it has zero effect.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    April 30, 2013
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    Because there's still endgame content yet to be added. There's still another race and another class to be added. That's why it's still beta and not officially launched yet.

but beta does not mean unfinished. It means still in testing. The two are not necessarily inclusive. launching your game and taking revenue from it whilst it's unfinished and buggy, yet being able to say "it's beta" is diabolical genius and a facet of free to play games. If they had to produce a DVD in a box and sell it, would it be launched? Of course it would.
    fs_lastplayed.png