test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gwf bug.

symeon666symeon666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I noticed one big problem in this game: GWF does not fit its description, does no damage, does not absorb damage, quickly die, no one wants to have a party with him when you fix this error? I think a lot of topics already created the bug, how long are you going to exalt trickster rouge class above all classes ??
Post edited by symeon666 on

Comments

• Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fail to see any bug listed in this. Do yourself a favor and look up some of the builds listed in the class section. See how closely yours are matching the ones putting up the big numbers then get back to us.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and what class are u playin ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I fail to see any bug listed in this. Do yourself a favor and look up some of the builds listed in the class section. See how closely yours are matching the ones putting up the big numbers then get back to us.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    symeon666 wrote: »

I have a 60 CW, a 60 TR, a 60 GF and leveling a GWF right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have a 60 CW, a 60 TR, a 60 GF and leveling a GWF right now.
    So get 60 lvl with GWF then we'll talk about the differences...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So get 60 lvl with GWF then we'll talk about the differences...

Your right don't look anything up. Complaining will be much easier than looking for a solution.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your right don't look anything up. Complaining will be much easier than looking for a solution.

My main is a CW and leveled a rogue to 53, but I've only leveled my GWF to lvl 13 or so and its basically giving yourself a handicap in pretty much all aspects of the game when compared to CW or TR. If you can't see the disparity between the classes, then you sir are blind. The class definitely needs some tweeking, and/or CW/TR brought down a few notches but the never ending search for class balance is never going to be found, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    My main is a CW and leveled a rogue to 53, but I've only leveled my GWF to lvl 13 or so and its basically giving yourself a handicap in pretty much all aspects of the game when compared to CW or TR. If you can't see the disparity between the classes, then you sir are blind. The class definitely needs some tweeking, and/or CW/TR brought down a few notches but the never ending search for class balance is never going to be found, I'm afraid.

This op titled his thread as a bug. Didn't list any bugs. There are people finding success and posting on the forums. If you choose to just level the easy buttons go for it. But saying this class is "a handicap in pretty much all aspects of the game when compared to CW or TR" without backing it up is nonsense. You have a level 13. Read some of the builds posted then go on there and tell them their class sucks.
  • Options
    pwpuckpwpuck Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, you have to be done with your character before you are allowed to notice that it sucks rocks? Personally, I'd prefer to enjoy my character as I level it instead of waiting till it's max level.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pwpuck wrote: »
    So, you have to be done with your character before you are allowed to notice that it sucks rocks? Personally, I'd prefer to enjoy my character as I level it instead of waiting till it's max level.

Ya you guys are all right. Don't read anything on what anyone else is doing with the class. Just throw up titles telling people about a bug then talk about how some class sucks. For the record I never said anyone had to be max level to be allowed to notice that a class sucks. I never said the class wasn't handicapped and I never said it was.

For once read what I wrote. The op falsely posted to entice this kind of nonsense going on. I offered him a solution by looking at other builds and comparing it to his own. He choose not to even do that. That convinces me that he is either too scared to find out how badly he messed up, or just wants someone in corporate to hit an easy button for him.

What is it to you anyways? Did you mess up your build also?
  • Options
    skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a few problems here.
    There is not enough information for anyone accurately create a build the first time through.
    Respec costs real world money. Not everyone can pay or is willing to pay for a respec.
    The GWF does have issues. In my opinion, the class should not require players to search the forums, find a spec, then pay real world money in order to play the game at the same level at the same level as the other classes.

So while the suggestion to "Search the Forum and find a build" is an option; I do not think it is reasonable considering what it entails.

As far as the OP titling the thread "GWF Bug"...I think they may have misspoke, but then I nderstand what they are trying to say so no big deal. I also understand that english is not everyone's first language or that people on these forums are varied in their ages and education. I myself don't worry too much about Spell check or grammar when posting on a forum. I mean really...who am I trying to impress?

And as far as my interest in this.. I have a GWF who is almost lvl 40. And a TR who is lvl'd to 60. I also have all the other classes to varying levels. Something is wrong with the GWF. The only balanced fight I've had in PvP on my GWF is against another GWF. Any other class I run up against, I'm looking for an escape route.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This op titled his thread as a bug. Didn't list any bugs. There are people finding success and posting on the forums. If you choose to just level the easy buttons go for it. But saying this class is "a handicap in pretty much all aspects of the game when compared to CW or TR" without backing it up is nonsense. You have a level 13. Read some of the builds posted then go on there and tell them their class sucks.

The OP simply observed something that is a fact. The GWF is doing a lot less damage on a per hit basis than it should be doing relative to the type of weapon it's using. And I agree it's a bug because it's not working the way it should. There is no way someone with a dagger should on a basic attack be doing twice as much damage per hit than someone with a 6 foot long sword does. That to me is a bug and needs to be fixed ASAP. Even if the GWF's base damage were to be 4 times higher, the TR would still out damage it simply because the TR attacks 2 to 3 times as fast. The GWF is meant to be a slow hard hitter instead we get a slow wimp that does 1/4 the damage it should be doing. Even the encounters and dailies with the possible exception of Slam (and even that) are doing far less damage than comparable powers of the other classes.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    The OP simply observed something that is a fact. The GWF is doing a lot less damage on a per hit basis than it should be doing relative to the type of weapon it's using. And I agree it's a bug because it's not working the way it should. There is no way someone with a dagger should on a basic attack be doing twice as much damage per hit than someone with a 6 foot long sword does. That to me is a bug and needs to be fixed ASAP. Even if the GWF's base damage were to be 4 times higher, the TR would still out damage it simply because the TR attacks 2 to 3 times as fast. The GWF is meant to be a slow hard hitter instead we get a slow wimp that does 1/4 the damage it should be doing. Even the encounters and dailies with the possible exception of Slam (and even that) are doing far less damage than comparable powers of the other classes.

What bug is it then if there is a bug?

What tree are you using that is bugged?

Did you create your own build or are you following one that has been respecced a bunch of times to get the most out of the class?

What encounters do you have slotted?

Do you believe that someone who has slotted different encounters and dailies and used a different tree and talents may have found a better way?

Is your build the best out there and everyone else that is clearing T2 lying?

I wouldn't mind an answer to these questions. I am leveling one and don't really want to waste my time if you're an expert in it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skeletun wrote: »
    There are a few problems here.
    There is not enough information for anyone accurately create a build the first time through.
    Respec costs real world money. Not everyone can pay or is willing to pay for a respec.

He can always opt to try a different build and delete his. It's not like it takes forever to level to the top. But then again that is a point. Maybe he leveled got to 60 joined his first epic and then wrote this thread.

It starts out misleading than just vague. He doesn't reference any abilities where they lack other then just generalities. I have seen these same posts by players who say the exact same thing on every class available.

Point is there is no actual bug, it is a troll thread.
  • Options
    rajey0402rajey0402 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF needs to go back to drawing board. Love the class but something is definetely up with it. Comparing them with TR is mad. Its either other classes are op-ed or GWF is nerfed. Hoping they fix it though, good class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What bug is it then if there is a bug?

What tree are you using that is bugged?

Did you create your own build or are you following one that has been respecced a bunch of times to get the most out of the class?

What encounters do you have slotted?

Do you believe that someone who has slotted different encounters and dailies and used a different tree and talents may have found a better way?

Is your build the best out there and everyone else that is clearing T2 lying?

I wouldn't mind an answer to these questions. I am leveling one and don't really want to waste my time if you're an expert in it.

Who mentioned builds or levels or tiers? I'm talking about base damage right from the start at level one and going on from there sure different builds and abilities can help but Base damage sucks right from the start, it doesn't matter how much you buff something if your basic attack isn't doing any damage in the first place. Not everyone in this game is playing level 60 t2 characters.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Who mentioned builds or levels or tiers? I'm talking about base damage right from the start at level one and going on from there sure different builds and abilities can help but Base damage sucks right from the start, it doesn't matter how much you buff something if your basic attack isn't doing any damage in the first place. Not everyone in this game is playing level 60 t2 characters.

You mentioned that it was a fact.

What are the facts then?

How does base damage suck?

What are the numbers that you are comparing?

Do you think your base damage may have something to do with your gear, feats and ability points?

You stated this as a fact. You said "Even if the GWF's base damage were to be 4 times higher, the TR would still out damage it simply because the TR attacks 2 to 3 times as fast." What numbers are you basing this off of?

Do you think the guy's posting on the forums with their build is wrong? Are they lying?

Do you think it is possible that since they are running T2 that maybe you are lacking somewhere in build, rotations, feats taken?

When you say base damage are you just talking about the at will?

Which at will are you using?

You said you know these facts. Can you answer some of these and the other questions?

Why can't you answer any of these questions?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You mentioned that it was a fact.

What are the facts then?

That on a per hit basis when not using buffs the GWF does half the damage a TR does at the same level with it's standard at-will
    How does base damage suck?

See first answer
    What are the numbers that you are comparing?

Damage at level 1 with The very first attack each class gets.
    Do you think your base damage may have something to do with your gear, feats and ability points?

My build has nothing to do with this, I'm talking the whole class in general. And as far as gear goes, at level 1 both only have basic armor and weapons.
    You stated this as a fact. You said "Even if the GWF's base damage were to be 4 times higher, the TR would still out damage it simply because the TR attacks 2 to 3 times as fast." What numbers are you basing this off of?

Observation of actually testing both from level 1 using sure strike and sly flourish and comparing them for damage numbers. And the simple fact a rogue is using 2 weapons, twice the weapons means twice the speed.
    Do you think the guy's posting on the forums with their build is wrong? Are they lying?

No But as I said before this isn't about builds or equipment. It's about how much damage the at-wills do by themselves when nothing else is buffing them.
    Do you think it is possible that since they are running T2 that maybe you are lacking somewhere in build, rotations, feats taken?

Again my build or anyone else's is irrelevant in this.
    When you say base damage are you just talking about the at will?

No, some of the encounters and dailies also do less damage than they should in my opinion for their appropriate levels.
    Which at will are you using?

For this comparison sure strike, as it's the main single target at-will
    You said you know these facts. Can you answer some of these and the other questions?

I just did.
    Why can't you answer any of these questions?

I just did.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For this comparison sure strike, as it's the main single target at-will

Sure strike is what you are comparing to what?

Most guides I read say wicked strike and master strike are the two at wills to use. Wicked strike is an at will that attacks in a 290 degree area allowing for it to hit multiple mobs.

Are you also figuring this into your data driven analysis?

I noticed that you are giving very vague references. And referring to the very first at will given in game.

Is that because you are low level?

If so, are you claiming to know the facts at such a low level?

And what exactly are the facts?

I can say the sky is green, it is a fact. Then you could counter, how do you know its a fact? Then I could say because it is.

None of this goes anywhere.

Just one more question. You don't really know if anything you stated as a fact, really is a fact do you?

Here is what I do know. You stated that your build is irrelevant. This I do agree with and I can also understand why you would not want to discuss it.

I also know that stats, gear and feats all play a major part in dps. If you focused on str and con you are not going to have the same crit rate as some that focused on str and dex. Now that is an actual fact. It can be proven because you can highlight over the abilities and see what each of those numbers does.

I also know you claim that the entire class is a bug. I also know that you do not know how to quantify that. I also know that you haven't made any actual references to anything other then a level 1 at will.

I think I will follow the guys running the t2 build. Your idea of what doesn't matter I think can make any class perform poorly.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed one big problem in this game: GWF does not fit its description, does no damage, does not absorb damage, quickly die, no one wants to have a party with him when you fix this error? I think a lot of topics already created the bug, how long are you going to exalt trickster rouge class above all classes ??

Try http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?182621-Sticky-gt-Master-List-of-Class-Builds-lt
    and then stop whining ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sure strike is what you are comparing to what?

Most guides I read say wicked strike and master strike are the two at wills to use. Wicked strike is an at will that attacks in a 290 degree area allowing for it to hit multiple mobs.

Are you also figuring this into your data driven analysis?

I noticed that you are giving very vague references. And referring to the very first at will given in game.

Is that because you are low level?

If so, are you claiming to know the facts at such a low level?

And what exactly are the facts?

I can say the sky is green, it is a fact. Then you could counter, how do you know its a fact? Then I could say because it is.

None of this goes anywhere.

Just one more question. You don't really know if anything you stated as a fact, really is a fact do you?

Here is what I do know. You stated that your build is irrelevant. This I do agree with and I can also understand why you would not want to discuss it.

I also know that stats, gear and feats all play a major part in dps. If you focused on str and con you are not going to have the same crit rate as some that focused on str and dex. Now that is an actual fact. It can be proven because you can highlight over the abilities and see what each of those numbers does.

I also know you claim that the entire class is a bug. I also know that you do not know how to quantify that. I also know that you haven't made any actual references to anything other then a level 1 at will.

I think I will follow the guys running the t2 build. Your idea of what doesn't matter I think can make any class perform poorly.

Again with referencing the builds and equipment. What part of no buffs don't you understand? As far as what I was comparing sure strike to it was sly flourish which is the rogue's primary single target attack.

The level of my build again has nothing to do with this, I never stated my build was weak. I simply stated that based on the type of weapon the class uses it isn't doing enough damage. That is the class as a whole.

Sure you can use various passives, unstoppable, and encounters to buff damage. But you can do that with any of the classes.

What it comes down to though is when you've popped off that daily, when all your encounters are on cool down, when the unstoppable is used up and you're down to using only sure strike, which is the only single target at-will you have against a boss monster solo in any level PvE. It literally takes hundreds of hits to beat them.

You keep referencing builds, I don't care about builds, try something... unslot all your powers, passives, equipment etc, except for sure strike and a basic level 1 great sword, then do the same with a rogue and Sly flourish. Then go attack the combat dummies. you'll see that the GWF does half the damage per hit that the TR does, which isn't right when you are comparing Greatswords to daggers for damage. and I'm not counting crits in any of this.

The very basis of damage is off and it throws it off for the rest of the game no matter what level or equipment you are or have.

That in my opinion is a bug because it's not working the way it should be. That's the definition of a bug.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Again with referencing the builds and equipment. What part of no buffs don't you understand? As far as what I was comparing sure strike to it was sly flourish which is the rogue's primary single target attack.

The level of my build again has nothing to do with this, I never stated my build was weak. I simply stated that based on the type of weapon the class uses it isn't doing enough damage. That is the class as a whole.

Sure you can use various passives, unstoppable, and encounters to buff damage. But you can do that with any of the classes.

What it comes down to though is when you've popped off that daily, when all your encounters are on cool down, when the unstoppable is used up and you're down to using only sure strike, which is the only single target at-will you have against a boss monster solo in any level PvE. It literally takes hundreds of hits to beat them.

You keep referencing builds, I don't care about builds, try something... unslot all your powers, passives, equipment etc, except for sure strike and a basic level 1 great sword, then do the same with a rogue and Sly flourish. Then go attack the combat dummies. you'll see that the GWF does half the damage per hit that the TR does, which isn't right when you are comparing Greatswords to daggers for damage. and I'm not counting crits in any of this.

The very basis of damage is off and it throws it off for the rest of the game no matter what level or equipment you are or have.

That in my opinion is a bug because it's not working the way it should be. That's the definition of a bug.

So what you consider a bug is when a aoe dps (GWF) class can't out dps a single target dps class (TR) in a single target beat down.

That isn't the definition of a bug. Just because your opinion doesn't coincide with the game doesn't make something a bug or the way it should be. This is a MMO. Massively Muti-Player is what that stands for. If this was a single player game you might have a point.

The very basis of the game isn't thrown off. It is a group game. It is intended to be played with other players. I am having no problem taking down bosses solo. So maybe your right, maybe it isn't the build, maybe it isn't the equipment, maybe it isn't even the class, ..... maybe it's you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

So what you consider a bug is when a aoe dps (GWF) class can't out dps a single target dps class (TR) in a single target beat down.

That isn't the definition of a bug. Just because your opinion doesn't coincide with the game doesn't make something a bug or the way it should be. This is a MMO. Massively Muti-Player is what that stands for. If this was a single player game you might have a point.

The very basis of the game isn't thrown off. It is a group game. It is intended to be played with other players. I am having no problem taking down bosses solo. So maybe your right, maybe it isn't the build, maybe it isn't the equipment, maybe it isn't even the class, ..... maybe it's you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I never once mentioned DPS whether aoe or single target this wasn't a comparison of dps or aoe vs single target. Maybe I went at it the wrong way because it isn't even about the classes themselves. But rather the weapons they use. Given weapons with equal stats, and equal level the hands of their respective classes. The dagger is doing twice the damage PER HIT not DPS because DPS is an unreliable stat and subject to interpretation. I could compare damage based on reaping strike vs any other at will in the game.. you would say Reaping Strike does massive damage for an at will, and you'd be right... except for one thing... the fact it takes 3 seconds to charge which makes it totally irrelevant on DPS terms.

The whole basis of my argument is that a dagger should not be doing twice the damage of a greatsword on a per hit basis. and that's exactly what's happening.

Oh and to your thought that this is a group, or team game. Wrong, 99% of it is soloed, only thing most players team up for required 5 man dungeons and skirmishes.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I never once mentioned DPS whether aoe or single target this wasn't a comparison of dps or aoe vs single target. Maybe I went at it the wrong way because it isn't even about the classes themselves. But rather the weapons they use. Given weapons with equal stats, and equal level the hands of their respective classes. The dagger is doing twice the damage PER HIT not DPS because DPS is an unreliable stat and subject to interpretation. I could compare damage based on reaping strike vs any other at will in the game.. you would say Reaping Strike does massive damage for an at will, and you'd be right... except for one thing... the fact it takes 3 seconds to charge which makes it totally irrelevant on DPS terms.

The whole basis of my argument is that a dagger should not be doing twice the damage of a greatsword on a per hit basis. and that's exactly what's happening.

Oh and to your thought that this is a group, or team game. Wrong, 99% of it is soloed, only thing most players team up for required 5 man dungeons and skirmishes.

There is something you are getting or don't care to. If you are taking that long to kill a boss something is off. You can spend your time on this thread talking about a single target with a greatsword vs a dagger. Or you can figure out what your build is missing. Something is off. Either way I'm done with this nonsense of a thread. If you think you found a bug report it. Obviously the op didn't despite his title.
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i have only played GWF, but i'll add my 2 cents.

jusdging by chats with guildies, and general chatter i think the GWF is probably the best solo PvE class in the game(for example i cant remember when i last used a pot), offcourse because it's such an all-round class it does make it a bit obselete in group dungeons. as for PVP everything about that is broken, and thats to be exxpected to be honest, since the classes are designed to work for the major content(the PvE story) and the requirements for balance are totally different, so in short balancing pvp would unbalance the rest. thats why pvp is rarely very good in MMOs in my expreience(few exceptions)
    but there are a few bugs with it, the sprint doesnt work as intended(doesnt prevent slowdowns) and the unstopable getting stuck off is another , and skill sie of things, there is only 1 at will i have a use for, (i have reaping equipped also but never use it cos of charge time never gives me oppertunity) so cant help but feel im missing out only having 1 at will. and reversly lots of encounters, cant help but feel i want to put another enocunter in that unused at will slot :P i mean i have 6 unspent skill points that i have no intention of spending, because theres no point i wont be able to use whatver i buy.
    that all said, to summarise : i do definately solo dungeons(the solo bosses) better than any of my guildies that are other classes - but suck in groups
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3