test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Gateway: Professions

aevynaevyn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've been encountering an issue today when I log on to the Neverwinter Gateway and try to manage the Professions for my characters. I am unable to scroll down to view additional tasks. I've tried refreshing the page, changing characters, logging out of the site and back in, but nothing seems to work. The list displays 5 tasks, and a sixth task at the bottom is only partially shown (it is cut off by the bottom of the Professions window). There is no means to scroll down and no button to scroll through the pages of additional tasks. This issue only began occurring today. I use Firefox as my browser, version 21.0. The Neverwinter Gateway has worked fine for me in the past.
Post edited by aevyn on

Comments

• Options
    vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem for me, seems broken since the last update. I am using Firefox 17 on Linux.
  • Options
    sporadicussporadicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This problem happens with the mobile version of the gateway website too.
  • Options
    puschpapuschpa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, using Waterfox on Win7 Ultimate.
  • Options
    aspheasphe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, with latest versions of Firefox, Opera and IE10.
  • Options
    aelellynaelellyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same in chrome

oh need to do a full refresh ctrl+f5, that's cleared it up for me, they've updated some cached files by the looks of things
  • Options
    puschpapuschpa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelellyn wrote: »
    Same in chrome

oh need to do a full refresh ctrl+f5, that's cleared it up for me, they've updated some cached files by the looks of things

Yes. this also fixed it for me, thanks man :)
  • Options
    mistafisttmistafistt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelellyn wrote: »
    Same in chrome

Does not fix it for me. The only way I can fix it is if I go into game and start/cancel some tasks which seems to fix it.
    The only way out, is through.
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem sicne last update, worked fine before, now doesnt work on my tablet or pc or laptop. so i have to search for the name of what i want(which i never know!) since the first pages are always higher level tasks than i can do(when will they fix that anyway? lol)
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I have the gateway not scrolling issue (along with garbled text), and then when I went into the game to set the tasks there, only a couple rare tasks in Leadership appeared! I'm at level 10, so there should be recipes, but there's nothing at all on the screen and only one task running (in Leatherworking). I don't even get the Hire a person task when I click on the other professions.

Edit: the in-game tasks seemed to have fixed themselves, but I still have garbled text in the gateway and can't read how long the tasks will take.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Clearing out the cache on Firefox (CTRL+Shift+Delete) has brought back the scrolling buttons at the bottom of the screen for all of my characters except my Cleric. When I log on to her and check her Professions window, there are only a handful of tasks available and they're ones she can't do either because they are too high in level or because she doesn't meet the requirements. I have tried removing all task filters, logging out and back in, but the only tasks that show up are 5 rare tasks. None of the regular tasks are available at all.

This is not the first time I've had this particular issue using Gateway, however. I am not certain what causes it. Eventually the normal tasks come back, but it is annoying to temporarily lose the ability to assign new tasks.
  • Options
    hoganczhogancz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have same problem. Tested in Chrome and Firefox.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I apparently spoke too soon. The issue with the scroll buttons being missing at the bottom of the list of tasks is back again this morning. I don't fancy clearing my browser cache every time I log on to the Gateway to manage Professions, so for now I'll skip using it and hopefully it will be resolved at some point in the future. If anyone else manages to come up with a way to solve this issue without having to clear out the cache each time, I'd love to know. :)
  • Options
    krasnekrasne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been able to get the scrolling buttons back by hitting one of the Start Task buttons and then the Back button.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    wickedzen1wickedzen1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had this issue, but found that if I click a different profession and then back to the one I was looking it, it resolves itself. Not ideal, but it's a workaround at least.