test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you get the Bonus Chest in Dungeon Instances to spawn?

kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dose anyone know how that work? Do I wait for the Dungeon Delve timer to tick almost to 0 before killing the boss? The Bonus Chest at the end seam to never spawn whenever I do Dungeon Instances. Today I did the level 49 one at Icespire, the boss was dead and there was still 5 minutes on the Dungeon Delve timer, but when it tick down to 0 the chest still won't spawn.
Post edited by kasuhari on

Comments

• Options
    zertrezzzertrezz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somehow i think Delves applies only for epic dungeons not the solo low lvl ones ... could be wrong
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bonus Chest during the Dungeon Delves Event is for the 5 man Instances not the solo quest content.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    gumboilgumboil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's generated if you enter a dungeon when the delve is active. I've had it bug out once. There should be a box telling you that it has generated it between the mini map and quest list.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Bonus Chest during the Dungeon Delves Event is for the 5 man Instances not the solo quest content.

Well it was a 5 man instance Ice Frozen Heart I think what it was call, I did it with some of my friends today. Only 4 people and didn't use the Que system. Kill the final boss and wait until the Dungeon Delve tick down to 0 but couldn't get the chest. So was wondering why it didn't spawn.

So now I'm confused, does the final boss need to end while the timer is still active or it tick to down to 0? I never seam to get the Bonus Chest everytime.
  • Options
    loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Well it was a 5 man instance Ice Frozen Heart I think what it was call, I did it with some of my friends today. Only 4 people and didn't use the Que system. Kill the final boss and wait until the Dungeon Delve tick down to 0 but couldn't get the chest. So was wondering why it didn't spawn.

So now I'm confused, does the final boss need to end while the timer is still active or it tick to down to 0? I never seam to get the Bonus Chest everytime.

Killing the boss has nothing to do with if the timer. For the dungeon delves all you have to do is enter the dungeon before the dungeon timer runs out. If you do properly enter the delves then you should get a popup box on the right side of your screen saying Chest Unlocked.
    happy days!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Killing the boss has nothing to do with if the timer. For the dungeon delves all you have to do is enter the dungeon before the dungeon timer runs out. If you do properly enter the delves then you should get a popup box on the right side of your screen saying Chest Unlocked.

Do I have to use the Que system and it have to be 5 Man? Will it still work if I manually enter with only 4 Members? Thanks!
  • Options
    xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Do I have to use the Que system and it have to be 5 Man? Will it still work if I manually enter with only 4 Members? Thanks!

Yes it will work as long as you enter the dungeon within the dungeon delve event time. Once you enter, like a previous poster said, there will be a box like notification on the right side which says "Chest Unlocked". After that just finish the instance and you will get to open the chest :)
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    xiolin wrote: »
    Yes it will work as long as you enter the dungeon within the dungeon delve event time. Once you enter, like a previous poster said, there will be a box like notification on the right side which says "Chest Unlocked". After that just finish the instance and you will get to open the chest :)

And also, if you enter the dungeon before the delve event starts the box will not appear even though you are still in the dungeon when it does. The trigger event for the chest is the party entering the dungeon.
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have seen it before.
    But I didn't see it yesterday after patch. Maybe a bug.

You have to wait until the event starts.
    Then queue and enter.
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know it is old topic.
    I just tried twice. Not getting the "chest unlocked" under the map.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1) Enter dungeon DURING DD event.
    2) Kill boss.
    3) Open chest.

Note on Step 1. You can enter before the event and clear a bunch of the trash before the event starts. Once it starts, log out and log back in and you will get the Chest unlocked notification. When you log back in it will put you at the start of the dungeon. Leave the dungeon then use the return to instance button and it will place you at the last fire you unlocked.