test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to kill the game by yourself

ufupiaufupia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Step1: Buy a PC and create 20 accounts
Step2: Finish the guild quest which only cost u 5 min per account.
Step3: Now REPORT everyone u see in the zone chat table.
TBH ppl cant do anything while silenced at the moment.SO the more ppl u baned the faster the game would die:(.If u want more effective,ban every DC u seen. Ppl cant run dungeons without them.(just a joke)

Cuz the ridiculous ban system, if more than 20 ppl REPORT u,u have to be silenced in 24 hrs.Not only in zone chat,but also including say/tell/guild chat.
Please dev fix the stupid system,u cant give ppl the power to ban anyone they seen.
Post edited by ufupia on

Comments

• Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Banning someone from zone chat should still stay. Though banning from all chat is much, but you should just report when it has happened wrongly to you and get those 20 accounts banned.

Honestly the dumb gold farmers (that can't even trade AD so I don't know what they're doing here) ruin the already bad chat design.

The thing they really need to fix is chat all around by adding a trade and LFG channel. As far as your issue goes I hope it gets resolved soon.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been a victim of the ban system... for undercutting people in the tradechat.
    24 hour silence can't run dungeons,find groups,pvp, cant do anything but flip items on the AH.
  • Options
    ufupiaufupia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    Banning someone from zone chat should still stay. Though banning from all chat is much, but you should just report when it has happened wrongly to you and get those 20 accounts banned.

Honestly the dumb gold farmers (that can't even trade AD so I don't know what they're doing here) ruin the already bad chat design.

The thing they really need to fix is chat all around by adding a trade and LFG channel. As far as your issue goes I hope it gets resolved soon.

Never got any reply from Gm report, you should know the community of NWO is suck.I agreed they should add a trade and LFG channel. Moreover I recommand adding an auto ban system such as ban ppl in 24hrs if they spamed in 30sec as many other MMO did.
    Its easy to code.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've been a victim of the ban system... for undercutting people in the tradechat.
    24 hour silence can't run dungeons,find groups,pvp, cant do anything but flip items on the AH.

How very strange. I don't think I've ever spoken a word in game (in fact I have chat turned off) and it has never prevented me from doing anything.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Just 20 that threshold is too low. In other games you have to be reported at least 50-100 times for a temp ban.
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God, don't these juvenile, whining threads ever cease...
  • Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good idea OP! Never would have thought of that, thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    How very strange. I don't think I've ever spoken a word in game (in fact I have chat turned off) and it has never prevented me from doing anything.

Have you run Castle Never?Any Tier 2 dungeons?Been to in premade PVP group with your guild?
    Have you done Foundry Quests with your guildmates/real life friends ?Have you tried getting pre-made dungeon group with correct setup?
    Have you tried to convert your Astral diamonds into gold?

If I wanted to play single-player I would've fired up Metro 2033 or Fallout 3.
  • Options
    pooshankpooshank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While adding a trade and lfg channel is a great idea in theory...look at pretty much every other game that contains these. The Zone/General/Area chat is still flooded by all the same idiots spamming. Sadly we have yet to find a solution to the true issue causing this problem; d/.o/.u/.c/.h/.e/.baggeryitis
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dunno, have never been silenced... i guess youre just annoying then
  • Options
    beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Um...I've never been restricted from doing things in game by an absence of the chat system (not that I have ever been banned, I just seldom use it). As for the DM support, I logged a help request and got a reply within 55minutes.
  • Options
    jesusjim19jesusjim19 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ufupia wrote: »
    Step1: Buy a PC and create 20 accounts
    Step2: Finish the guild quest which only cost u 5 min per account.
    Step3: Now REPORT everyone u see in the zone chat table.
    TBH ppl cant do anything while silenced at the moment.SO the more ppl u baned the faster the game would die:(.If u want more effective,ban every DC u seen. Ppl cant run dungeons without them.(just a joke)

Cuz the ridiculous ban system, if more than 20 ppl REPORT u,u have to be silenced in 24 hrs.Not only in zone chat,but also including say/tell/guild chat.
    Please dev fix the stupid system,u cant give ppl the power to ban anyone they seen.

Please tell me you sent this using a mobile phone.
  • Options
    beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Right, I've thought about this and this post is ridiculous. Are you saying that there are people out there who are maintaining 20 separate accounts just so that they can ban people in chat for 24 hours? Isn't it more likely that 20 separate people banned you because you were doing or saying something that annoyed them all? The system is not stupid, you are just angry at it...for some reason. Also, it's still in beta. The world of Neverwinter chat is a mystery to me as there seem to be people dedicating themselves to selling stuff in the streets instead of playing the game. I, frankly, could find nothing more counter-intuitive (it’s a game of adventure based on Dungeons and Dragons) or boring (seriously, it’s like watching X-Factor, Stock-Market edition) than spending all your time chatting in those little text-boxes. If you have been chat-banned, try doing something truly amazing and out there - play the actual game itself!