test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Customer Service, or Customer (LACK OF)Service?

docterrydocterry Member Posts: 47 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I recently sent in a request for support from Perfect World.

May 9th .. date of my request. They promise a 3-4 day response time. (Secret World is 1 day. Guild Wars is 1-2 days)
May 17th .. Eight days later, I send a follow-up message.
May 21st .. Twelve days later, They finally respond--but not with an answer!

First they thank me for "for allowing us to be of service to you"
Then, they say that due to the incredibly high volume of tickets they are closing my ticket. Unanswered!

I have played several MMORPGs, starting with UO in 1979. Most have had teething problems, but this one is a winner.

NOTE: This issue was raised long before the recent AH debacle.
ALSO: If they are getting more customer service requests than they can handle they either have too few representatives, or there are an excessive number of players who have issues. Both are fixable!

I have a theory!

On the forums I read the bragging of many who say that they reached level 60 without spending one cent of real $$$. It's possible that their cash flow projections are below expectations and they are not financially able to provide adequate support.
Post edited by docterry on

Comments

• bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    docterry wrote: »
    It's possible that their cash flow projections are below expectations and they are not financially able to provide adequate support.

Or some CEO is just too incompetent to see the long term benefits over the short term cash savings on support.
    You can judge most products by their support.Thats why WoW is the best MMO[in terms of profits] / Amazon is the biggest electronic commerce company and so on.
  • cut1625478945213cut1625478945213 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I submitted a ticket for something regarding my account and it took them 2 or 3 days to respond.

There response seems like it was cut and pasted from the FAQ, which I had already read and which did not help my issue.

I am sorry but 3 days to reply with a canned non-answer is not support.
  • kagorzkagorz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    docterry wrote: »
    I have played several MMORPGs, starting with UO in 1979. Most have had teething problems, but this one is a winner.

You might want to switch the 7 & 9 around unless you had the 20 year head start package :)
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to F2P, where developers ignore you even more
  • xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, each ticket/phone call costs the company $2 to $4.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The customer service reps are hired by PWE to manage ALL of their games.

I suspect they launched Neverwinter either without hiring enough new staff, or without any new staff at all, thinking they had enough people to handle the extra load. Obviously, whatever preparations they did make before launching Neverwinter weren't enough.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.