test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First few days annoyances and thanks

flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
A few ideas that have popped to mind while learning the ropes of the game. I'll just leave them here. Discuss, ignore, or flame, whatever you feel is best.

- When looking at an item in a store / auction, it could show how many of that item you have in your inventory in the tooltip.

- When selling multiple items, the length always defaults back to 5 days. It would be nice if your selection saved.

- An option to display only auctions with a buyout would make life easier.

- People keep repeating one line of talk once every 5 seconds if you stand near them. A longer period, or a wider variety of dialogue would immensely help immersion. Not to mention nerves.

Don't take this as a complaint or anything, I love the game. These are just little things I have noticed in the first few days that maybe, or maybe not, someone cares about too.

Have fun in NW!
Server: Mindflayer
Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

Post edited by flatgonzo on

Comments

• Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Glad you give such a kind response.

One more thing I just noticed is that there is no PvP gear below 60, at least at the shop in the main city. It would be great to have at least some items, like the seals give stuff at levels way below 30.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Also...the level filter doesn't seem to work in the auction house. Put in level A to level B and you still get stuff from 1-60.

• Options
    solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I'll add a few things;

- Potions picked up should stack with the same ones in your backpack instead of dropping into an open quick bar slot,

- Compare popup for rings should should both currently equipped rings instead of just one,

- *BIG ONE* Moving should not close quest window when someone is trying to share a quest with you,

- Should be able to move items from one guild bank repository to another without having to move them to your inventory and back to the repository you wan to move them to,

- Please allow fusing of enchantments/runestones while they are in the bank.

- Please reduce the cooldown of fusing.

- Autostacking of item put in bank/guild bank, along with an easier way of depositing item into bank (maybe double-click instead of drag/drop)
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll add a few myself.

-Please please please make the player auto dismount when near a vendor, Auctioneer or a Mail courier, it so annoying when you have thirty mounts blocking them and collision decides it wants to work.

-agreeing with the NPC/companions saying the same line every 3 secs...but could we also get them to be a bit more interactive, god they are like Zombies now, worse than STO's away team which is pretty bad...go play TOR a bit and you will see the direction you need to go.

-things like quest items should not go into inventory.

-Let us hide the Neverwinter logo when we are in inspect mode some of us want to make Machinimas and it kills a lot.

-For the love of all that's holy please disable the ability to post gifs on forum post, they are annoying as hell.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll add a few myself.

-Please please please make the player auto dismount when near a vendor, Auctioneer or a Mail courier, it so annoying when you have thirty mounts blocking them and collision decides it wants to work.

-agreeing with the NPC/companions saying the same line every 3 secs...but could we also get them to be a bit more interactive, god they are like Zombies now, worse than STO's away team which is pretty bad...go play TOR a bit and you will see the direction you need to go.

-things like quest items should not go into inventory.

-Let us hide the Neverwinter logo when we are in inspect mode some of us want to make Machinimas and it kills a lot.

Thanks! Good points in your post. It occurred to me that people just love to PvP so much, they do it even though there is only Domination and no rewards.

Please Perfect World, give those people (myself included) something nice along the way to look forward to.

• Options
    gifresponsegifresponse Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback (we won't bother noting it anyways)! :)

9FVq4.gif
  • Options
    lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Things aren't looking too good around here NPC lol
  • Options
    dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Here are my annoyances so far:

1. Worst.......crafting.....system......EVER! Tell me something, where is the fun in clicking a button, and waiting 18 hours? And this is at LEVEL 2!! I don't give FFXIV credit for much, but they did do something a little different and tried to make crafting a skill-based mini-game. Please make crafting something more than the usual mindless, time-wasting "click-a-button-and-wait" feature that has been a horrible idea from as far back as EQ1.

2. Why is it that double-clicking on an item in the bank doesn't put the item in your inventory? This is terribly annoying.

3. Why do we have to completely log out of the game and log back in to switch between characters? Please add the option to switch characters to the menu.

4. There is no reason that we should be auto dismounted when traveling from one zone to another.

5. You're in open beta, and new players aren't allowed to create posts. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of open beta?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dndjess wrote: »
    5. You're in open beta, and new players aren't allowed to create posts. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of open beta?

Problem there is they have been having a serious problem with resident Bridge dwellers making tons of alt accounts and raging on the forums....I'm not sure if New accounts now are time based or that you have to level a character, but it has cut down on the signal to noise ratio.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, the other problem is that I've had a Perfect World account for a couple years at least, and I'm apparently still a "new player."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah, one more annoyance - they really need to check their math on skill kits. Every time I use them, they show 75% success rate. But out of every 5 attempts, I fail 3 times in a row at least once. There should only be about a 1% chance of that happening, and it's occurring way too often for that to be the case.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah, one more annoyance - they really need to check their math on skill kits. Every time I use them, they show 75% success rate. But out of every 5 attempts, I fail 3 times in a row at least once. There should only be about a 1% chance of that happening, and it's occurring way too often for that to be the case.

I concur. I pass those things up sometimes just because they fail so much.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From another thread, moving bags without them being empty would also make life just a little easier. Seeing how little space we have in the game if we do not buy bags with ZEN. Now they need to be empty to be able to be moved.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    We just failed a dungeon final boss several times, then people just left and dc'd...there is NO WAY to bring in help from anywhere. That should really be looked into, don't you agree?

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Another one - being able to run but not turn when viewing your inventory.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    Another one - being able to run but not turn when viewing your inventory.

I second this, and if your using auto run, you have to close all windows to stop.
  • Options
    kenjidoomkenjidoom Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    A more in-depth stat list of how everyone performed after a PVP match would be great. Something similar to the dungeon / skirmish one. I only did a couple matches and didn't notice this, if I missed it let me know :P Also a more noticable buff / debuff panel for my character would be very helpful.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Melee combat frustration -
    "He's in range."
    ::use ability::
    "Oops, he took a step, I missed....."
  • Options
    kenjidoomkenjidoom Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    Melee combat frustration -
    "He's in range."
    ::use ability::
    "Oops, he took a step, I missed....."

Totally agree with this one. I will never know why my Guardian Fighter, who supposedly has an incredible amount of weapons training, swings that little *** sword so **** slowly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is there any point to disarming traps? We don't seem to get experience or treasure for doing it, they're no threat at all, and they're easy to spot and avoid. Seems like the game wouldn't change a bit if these were completely removed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A couple more:

The balance in crafting tasks is COMPLETELY out of whack. Hmm, lets see here, I can do a task that takes 4 hours for 80 exp, or I can do a 2 hour task twice and get 80 exp, 200 copper, and 200 astral diamonds. Really tough choice..... There are clearly some tasks that are way more valuable than others.

Forums - clicking 'stay logged in' apparently does nothing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just to let you know, I took my issues and put them together with others, resulting in this thread. Feel welcome to take a look.

When I get back on a proper computer tomorrow, I will add your concerns from this thread as well.

• Options
    dndman420dndman420 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to divide stacks?

Individual chat channels. Trading, social, questing levels 1-10, 11-20, etc.

Crafting speed bonuses. I do a 40 minute job with 25% speed bonus, it should be 30 minutes, not 32 minutes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dndman420 wrote: »
    Is there a way to divide stacks?

Individual chat channels. Trading, social, questing levels 1-10, 11-20, etc.

Crafting speed bonuses. I do a 40 minute job with 25% speed bonus, it should be 30 minutes, not 32 minutes.

Hold shift while dragging from a stack to an empty space and you can divide it. There is also a list of channels that people use somewhere in the Wiki, some more active than others. NWRP for example is quite active.

• Options
    shybarbieshybarbie Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love this game, but there's 2 things I don't like about it.
    1. Tough Dungeons
    2. Awkward standing/sitting pose of female wizard
    Just shy, not antisocial.
  • Options
    linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    maybe im missing something but being able to ID something when selling window is open
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    flatgonzo wrote: »

- An option to display only auctions with a buyout would make life easier.

Very constructive feedback! This one in particular I support 1000%! I pretty much avoid the auction house because of this. 5 days on an auction with no buy out...I'll out level it before the auction is over.
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the World Map be more interactive. We should be able to zoom out to see areas we have come from and we should have a clear marking of the areas we are in and a standard marking (a red diamond, perhaps) as to how to find the way out of there back to Protector's Enclave. Opening your map in this game is basically useless if you aren't looking for something in your immediate area.