test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why the heal of the cleric gets more aggro then anythig?

arshmetal47arshmetal47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, i've been playing since the start of the open beta and my main character is a cleric.
One of these days I created a control wizard because I wanted to start a new one, and the aggro diference between a CW and a cleric is unbelivable.
How in the world healing is a bigger treat than a attack?!
Is there a bug or something or Cryptic really thinks that a cleric deserves suffer more than any class of the game?!
8.jpg
Post edited by arshmetal47 on

Comments

• valkyriechosenvalkyriechosen Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    My cleric picks up tons of aggro due to AoE, not so much heals. I tend to hit 10 enemies at a time in big fights, and my DPS tends to put me just behind the party's rogue. I haven't had a way to test heal aggro vs damage aggro yet, but I know the AoE picks up mobs very easily.
  • eendddeenddd Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clerics are the current tank/healbots, dont cha know ?!
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since adds spawn throughout most of the boss fights, any mob not picked up by someone else doing damage will become agro to the cleric through any healing. This means the cleric will have almost all the attention of adds during boss fights and why it is of utmost importance to either burn down or distract or keep the adds away from the cleric.
    This is why most groups take 2 clerics with astral shield. With the decrease in damage, add mitigation is much easier over time, since most fights have a cap on the number of adds they will throw at you. And with the clerics tanking all the adds there is little need for a guardian fighter.
    Once they nerf the stacking of astral shield which is liking coming, they will either have to give the GF some kind of buff that stacks along with astral shield or tune down the addfest. Since almost every boss fight is an addfest, this tuning may not happen to such a time that there are "harder" areas to slow progression. Once Gauntlygrym or tier 3 is released, they may go back and make the earlier tiers slightly easier, since there is a new endpoint for progression. This seems to be a trend in MMO dungeon design. Make the early areas extremely hard on onset and then make them easier over time as new content is released. Of course, new gear or better gear is also a factor. As is anything new added/changed after the dungeons are implemented.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are MANY. MANY. MANY threads about this. You could have easily searched (using the search feature) to see that it's an ongoing problem and that it's being addressed. In fact a dev said that the next actual patch will include class balance.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?292812-Yet-another-patch-and-still-no-class-balancing&p=3821271#post3821271
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aggro no matters when has shield. Just tank. Not hard kid.

Sorry bad English, my mom took brontosaurus to other trailers.
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    ... my mom took brontosaurus to other trailers ...

That is the future meme to replace 'all your bases are belong to me' - just awesome. Thank you for that :o
  • terenceqwy81terenceqwy81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so far the threat for cleric is fine.
    the only bugged threat is "sun burst" this skill generates like 10-20x agro, it's bugged as hell.
    i tested a few mob that got hit until left 10-15% hp... 1 sunburst suddenly everything change target to me instantly... i'm like wtf.
    the agro is fine with just AS, hotheal and bastion so far.
    just sunburst give me the problem even with -40% threat passive equipped, they'll just target u once u use it once even the most going to die ROFL.

quite a lot of ppl notice this skill is kinda buggy, well it's not like this skill is any good unless u're asked to kite or need the knockback to delay the mob for 1seconds.
    daunting light, divine or chain served better purpose.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Aggro no matters when has shield. Just tank. Not hard kid.
    This is exactly the type of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nonsense that makes me never even consider joining a PUG again with my cleric.
    Precisely the type of worthless 'team' mate that makes PUGs unbearable for a cleric. The same type of moron that spams "ware da healz U Dum" in party chat after abandoning you to solo impossible ADD swarms.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the only bugged threat is "sun burst" this skill generates like 10-20x agro, it's bugged as hell.
    i tested a few mob that got hit until left 10-15% hp... 1 sunburst suddenly everything change target to me instantly... i'm like wtf.
    just sunburst give me the problem even with -40% threat passive equipped, they'll just target u once u use it once even the most going to die ROFL.

quite a lot of ppl notice this skill is kinda buggy, well it's not like this skill is any good unless u're asked to kite or need the knockback to delay the mob for 1seconds.

Except neither of those abilities heals, whereas Sunburst is an AoE heal.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    TBH, it makes sense for healing to draw a ton of aggro or at least by the focus of a ton of CC. Just look at what humans do in PVP.

I think the healing penalty to heal yourself as a DC is a bit too much though (not much just a bit) considering most of your healing is done with heal over time spells.

I've played with good and bad tanks, the good tanks haven't had much issue keeping the majority of mobs off of me. When there is no GF, the cleric becomes the tank, which makes sense really.
  • nazzy52nazzy52 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    just sunburst give me the problem even with -40% threat passive equipped, they'll just target u once u use it once even the most going to die ROF

LOL,just stop trolling.All of the community knows healing aggro is not fine.
  • roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when i'm on my tr in a dungeon and see the cleric pull a lot of agro I zip over and burn the mobs down then get back to the boss.
    wish more players would do that when i'm on my cleric.
    heal agro is way out of line atm imo.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because the healer is the primary member of the party. Think back to your table-topping days and even in this game now. Doesn't your party target casters first and foremost? Dealing with them before anything else? Thats a common theme. Clerics/mages/druids/sorcerers will always draw all the immediate aggro in any party based fantasy game just no way around it, thats the axiom of playing a caster.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Its not the aggro, The aggro is 100% correct. The problem is that clerics aren't wearing full plate with a shield.... thats the problem Clerics are quality warriors in addition to there casting abilities yet another major bug. Issue is not with aggro. Your a caster, and a healer at that. Your gonna be attacked, alot..
  • kielwindsongkielwindsong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would you want to kill the healer in a party to cripple the rest first? Gosh I can't think of any reason why the Cleric would be attacked the most logically...